A short rant

Regrettably that my first post here is less than pleasant but I fear I must say this as a reminder to everyone.

Fallen London has slipped out of my mind for a couple of months. It is fortunate that I was invited to check out the election before it ends, it is entertaining indeed.

It is less fortunate that the manner of invitation was akin to a drive by advertisement for Feducci combined with a libertarian rant… on Kongregate! From someone I had never spoken to, within or outside of Fallen London! Dear me!
Have some restraint, please, keep all related matters within this lovely game!
edited by AnyBellaCoolHusky on 7/6/2017

A random Feducci supporter tracked you down to Kongregate? What the hell?

Assuming good faith and just too much enthusiasm - If you mention you play Fallen London or some such off-site, it is always possible that a fellow player might say hi and then accidentally went overboard (because Election has that sort of effect).

wow. I mean, it was quite rude of them to bother you on some completly unrelated site, but at the same time, it’s hard not to admire the sheer Dedication ;)

Well hopefully that verbal assault was enough to convince you to vote for the Campaigner.

I absolutely agree it delights me that what is effectively a fictional election that doesn’t actually matter at all(in the world it self in fact!) in a fictional worlds in what is essentially a very polished browser game has managed to raise this much passion.
I don’t really get people disdain for it im afraid 0_0

[li]

Yes, admirable dedication to role-playing. So when I tell you to stick it up your jacksie just like I would to real-world canvassers, don’t get upset, I’m just role-playing too.

I only distribute pamphlets (all In-Character) via the forum posts or the game’s inbuilt messaging system. Speaking of which, your character just got one!

if you ever wish to I would love to do your thing with via message since while I support fedduci and believe in him whole heartedly the strong arguments from your side have swayed to me to thinking that the campaigner both has a strong vision and the drive to make that a reality.

but for one my character zorgan has not learned anything in world to allow me to justify him and switching and well…there’s one kind of abstract thing which I think will stop her in her tracks if she becomes mayor.

not trying to impose on you of course if you don’t want to then that’s fine the after math will be interesting for me regardless of who wins so im not going to lose my nut if fedduci doesn’t win.(even if the detective wins who my character is heavily apposed to)

[li][/li][li]
edited by crazyroosterman on 7/6/2017

That tactic is shockingly ineffective, actually.

That’s fair. I mean, it obviously depends on what sort of game you’re playing. If you’re aiming to out-rude your opponent, I suppose you won’t even need to put much thought into that whole &quotrole-playing&quot thing. Just be yourself ;)

[quote=AnyBellaCoolHusky]
It is less fortunate that the manner of invitation was akin to a drive by advertisement for Feducci combined with a libertarian rant… on Kongregate! From someone I had never spoken to, within or outside of Fallen London!
edited by AnyBellaCoolHusky on 7/6/2017[/quote]

That is disturbing… and hilarious.

That’s fair. I mean, it obviously depends on what sort of game you’re playing. If you’re aiming to out-rude your opponent, I suppose you won’t even need to put much thought into that whole &quotrole-playing&quot thing. Just be yourself ;)[/quote]
I don’t think many people would like to be spammed on unrelated sites with libertarian rants. That’s rude at best in and of itself. It’s about a breath away from those Korean spambots the Failbetter forum gets every so often.

That’s fair. I mean, it obviously depends on what sort of game you’re playing. If you’re aiming to out-rude your opponent, I suppose you won’t even need to put much thought into that whole &quotrole-playing&quot thing. Just be yourself ;)[/quote]
I don’t think many people would like to be spammed on unrelated sites with libertarian rants. That’s rude at best in and of itself. It’s about a breath away from those Korean spambots the Failbetter forum gets every so often.[/quote]

No, I don’t think so either, which is why I said that’s fair. I meant the &quotreal-world canvassers&quot part. Those guys get paid minimal wage. It costs exactly 0.00[color=rgb(84, 84, 84)][/color] to take the leaflet, stuff it in one’s pocket and not be an donkey-hole.

We probably should end this on the note of &quotdon’t bother people elsewhere&quot as Husky intended?

It’s also worth pointing out that Feducci is basically Trump, so you know what to expect from his supporters. :)

[color=#e53e00]Dial it back, please. Drawing real life comparisons at this point is unhelpful.[/color]

I’m genuinely curious: in what sense is it “unhelpful?” What are we meant to be helping? Are the parallels between Feducci’s campaign and Trump’s actually completely accidental, as opposed to intentionally satirical?

It’s unhelpful in keeping the forums civil and keeping this thread roughly on topic. I was tempted to explain why I disagree, and that would have necessarily involved explaining what I do and do not consider trumpesque. If a mod hadn’t intervened we’d soon be discussing Trump instead of anything even remotely related to the OP.

That is, in fact, being naughty. Let’s move on.