A Seeker's Request [Knife and Candle]

I must confess, this is an embarrassing thing to admit, and a shameful thing to ask. Nonetheless.

I am an aficionado of the Game of Knife and Candle. I am, in my own estimation, reasonably good at it.

However. there is a greater goal that haunts me night and day. A bargain that was made … involving the Waxwail. I have striven with might and main to acquire a Waxwail Knife. I have failed. Perhaps I am not as skilled as I think I am. Perhaps I am simply not committed enough to Seeking. Perhaps I am insufficiently treasonous. But what is left for me to betray?

Nonetheless. I have a request to make.

If there is someone - presumably not a Seeker themselves - who is willing to give up such a blade, I would be exceedingly obliged if they were to contact me privately. I am not suggesting bypassing the Rules of the Game, of course! The Committee would be most displeased. But if I was to be made aware that a friend bore such a blade, and would not be particularly upset were it to be abstracted when the bat-flights align … that would be a fine thing.

Alternatively, if there is one who no longer wishes to compete for the Game’s Prizes, but is not inclined to post the black ribbon on their door, and would not object to being made the target of sport by myself in the attempt to acquire such Tokens, I would be exceedingly obliged to them.

I have given up so much already, there is very little I can offer in return. But you can always ask, if you wish, and I will try.

With the greatest of respect,

• Asclepius Unbound[li]
    edited by Asclepius Unbound on 10/7/2013

Oh, my. I’d like to help, but I have no certainty to ever get hold of a Waxwail Knife myself - nor that if I’ll ever do, I won’t just retire from Knife and Candle forever, complimenting my luck in obtaining the rare +20 weapon O_o

I hiss at you from a dark alley.

I can kind of understand streetfelineblue’s thinking. Doesn’t help the Seekers who need a Waxwail knife though. I really hope the some more Prize tokens are injected into the game soon, or another method to get the knife.

I just don’t want to make promises that I am not sure I can keep.

I just don’t want to make promises that I am not sure I can keep.[/quote]

I wasn’t hissing at you.
But I can if you like?

Hiss. Hisssssssss!

I just don’t want to make promises that I am not sure I can keep.[/quote]

I wasn’t hissing at you.
But I can if you like?

Hiss. Hisssssssss![/quote]

But sure, old chum. Make yourself at home ^^