A Second Skin-Bound Memory

While taking my regular constitutional through the forgotten quarter this evening, I noticed a certain Irrigo-kissed woman has set up shop for a time.

Last year I passed up the opportunity to have any work done (It simply was not in my character), and this year I find the option for a &quotSecond Skin-Bound Memory&quot locked to me.

A Skin-Bound Memory: No Tattoo At All is not in the &quotUnlocked with&quot list

I would very much like to see what she is offering this year. Does anyone know how to convince her to reconsider (without having to pay fate?).

-S

The options for a second tattoo are the same as for the first one (the only option I’ve noticed missing from last year is the option to get drunk and get a random tattoo).

It seems like it’d be a bit weird for no tattoo to get you a SECOND tattoo this year, since you don’t actually have a first, but it also seems weird for opting out of a first tattoo to lock you out of further options.

There’s several new ones this year (Sunless, a Face for the Evening, and the Gift)

Your’e quite right! Completely forgot about these ones!

Sharru, it’s not clear from your OP, but if you specifically chose not to have a tattoo last year (i.e. selected the option that gave you +1 Respectable) then at present you are permanently locked out from future tattoos.

If, however, you simply didn’t choose one then you should be able to play through the story and get your first one this year as far as I am aware.

Quick question here friends…I unknowingly pursued Ms. Clathermont a bit prematurely, which I believe locked me out of her story in the Wicket. Despite being totally infuriating because there was no warning, does this lock me out of all tattoo related content?

I’ve chosen the Correspondence Sigil as my second tattoo, and got DARE.
I was wondering wether or not the first tattoo was a different Sigil.

No - was DARE last year as well. And I’m very happy with my ‘DARE’ tattoo.

Wait, so if I got the Zee Monster tattoo last year can I get another to stack with it’s Dreaded bonus? The Sunless tattoo looks promising.

edited by Owen Wulf on 2/26/2015

Official word has been “yes” and that you can even get the same tattoo twice.

I’m not entirely certain what you mean by pursuing her prematurely, but if you used the access code to follow her around instead of summoning her card you’re still good. You’ll just need to wait for the card to turn up naturally.

[quote=A B Nile]Sharru, it’s not clear from your OP, but if you specifically chose not to have a tattoo last year (i.e. selected the option that gave you +1 Respectable) then at present you are permanently locked out from future tattoos.

If, however, you simply didn’t choose one then you should be able to play through the story and get your first one this year as far as I am aware.[/quote]

Well that is most disappointing. I did Indeed take the +1 Respectable last year. There were a few I know from last year that i am now eligible for (Ubergoat!) that I wouldn’t mind taking a second look at, and the several of the new ones sound promising. (+1 BDR is also always a good thing)

Does the ‘Your Own Name’ tattoo have any special effect? It seems to suggest that it might offer some protection in the Cave of the Nadir.

I think it only gives a point of Bizarre.

It’s odd that the bonus is unmentioned in its post. Also, do you guys think we will be able to get a third set of tattoos? A permanent +2 to Dreaded/Bizarre is already pretty beastly in my opinion when it comes to helping out with notability. I certainly wouldn’t mind more Zee themed ink-work.

edited by Owen Wulf on 2/26/2015

No, the Your Own Name tattoo simply provides +1 Bizarre. That one and the Invisible City both seem to have misplaced that in the description. There’s no special effect. Everyone knows there’s no such thing as a magic tattoo…

You can get a second tattoo!? Can someone tell me how to get this?

(If it relies on Lilac’s card I may cry. She’s been terribly coy this year, as has the Feast card itself.

The RNG has decided to take a disliking to me.)

Just go to Millicent’s Parlour in the Forgotten Quarter to get a second tattoo.

Thank you.