A Request for Invitations (Excuses to go to Neath)

On a tiny advertisement in the corner of a newspaper -

To any delicious Londoners who see this:
I would like to escape my horrid family and they say the Neath is the best place for it! I can bring many things from trinkets to food from the Surface in exchange for info and introductions. Be a dear and send me a few invitation to provide some excuses for me to make the journey down to Neath,and I will bring you surface goods for sale!

OOC: Stumbled on this game’s wiki while on wikia. Got hooked on Night Fingers. Will not have internet access for a week from tomorrow due to visiting relatives. You get extra stuffs to start game if you get invited by other players am I right? And the inviter get some sort of gift too? Would be nice if I can get a headstart by scoring some invites and friends.

Add me @AdellaFarewood and drop me an invite. Many many many thanks!

I’d add you but I am currently out at sea. Try adding me and I’ll send you an invite as soon as I get back.

I hope you don’t mind, but I’ve taken this as an opportunity for a spot of research for the wiki. Been trying to do every single invitation I can get my paws on, once I get more actions I’ll send some more off!

Ok, so far I’ve sent and documented invitations from the following sources: All 4 “Unfinished Business” storylines, all 4 options at your lodgings, the bohemian storyline in Veilgarden, the opportunity card asking for news of brighter days, and the opportunity card in prison.

Things I’ve still yet to do research on are: The various items (First tier of most categories has an invitation option), and the various options on the card about someone you loved on the surface.

Still, feel free to join the game at any time. I’m not sure how many of those invitations actually give something to the person being invited (Likely only the bohemian one), though it would seem most of these invitations are quite lucrative to the inviter.

Oh, by the way, you’ll have to sign up using this link to get the invitations to go through, I believe: Fallen London
edited by Urthdigger on 5/31/2012

I’m sure you’ve already gotten invitations, but I went ahead and added you on Twitter for when you arrive in the Neath. I look forward to meeting you, delicious friend!

[quote=Urthdigger]
Oh, by the way, you’ll have to sign up using this link to get the invitations to go through, I believe: Fallen London
edited by Urthdigger on 5/31/2012[/quote]

Acutally all invites will be rewarded as long as she sign up, regardless of where does the invites come from.

i.e. If three different player sends her invites on Twitter, they will all receive the corresponding rewards as long as she sign up with said Twitter account.

All lodging options gives 50 whispered secret to the invited. I was preparing a account to grind and give First City Coins and spammed about a hundred invites. When I signed up the alt, the alt started with a whooping 9000 Whispered Secrets.
(On the other hand, my main account have about a 100 message of “Watchful hasn’t increased; this quality cannot increase beyond 130”. And that’s like exactly the day before the cap was raised!)
edited by Byron Man on 6/1/2012

So… as much as I like spamming invites, I hope Adella actually starts playing sometime.

Let’s see - she said she won’t have internet access for a week.
So it’s one more day before you can rake in all the results for the wiki, Urthdigger :)
[color=rgb(255, 255, 255)](And one more day before I go and rake in all the spammy invites of mine[color=rgb(0, 0, 0)].[/color]e)[/color]

I would also like to jump on the invitation bandwagon! I hope I’m not too late to the party!

In general, it’s just so difficult to give invitations. I feel bad about badgering my real-life friends to play, but that’s really the only way to do it…

I have made the journey to Fallen London! I am not too happy about my first stop being a prison cell. But I do got acquainted with something called The Great Game (whatever it is), some criminals and constables.

Here’s a list of what I have brought down on the surface, hopefully helpful to these contributers on the wiki

If you’re looking to help with the wiki, a screenshot of your “messages” page with all the individual messages there would be more helpful :)

Wow, you’re off to a good start! Whispered Secrets in the thousands already? (Hold onto those, by the way – they’re by far the most valuable item in the game.)

Also, what’s that candle-item in your Advantage section? I don’t think I’ve ever seen that before.

[quote=Little The]Wow, you’re off to a good start! Whispered Secrets in the thousands already? (Hold onto those, by the way – they’re by far the most valuable item in the game.)

Also, what’s that candle-item in your Advantage section? I don’t think I’ve ever seen that before.[/quote]

They are not! Ever since the economy revamp, they’re used for barely anything, and you lose out on value when converting them up. They do still have a few uses in the early game though, so that ought to suit her well.

Also, that candle is… I believe an anticandle. You can pick one up in the tutorial.

Wait, what? They’re no longer the universal currency for purchasing lodgings? I know the top-tier ones had alternate paths, but I was not aware that the others changed as well.

Only the Premises at the Bazaar can be bought with Whispered Secrets now.

I’ve added you on the Twitter too.

oh! If you was planning to invite me,I have already made the journey to the Neath and settled down.
I still welcome all and any amount of social actions tho.

[quote=Adella Farewood]oh! If you was planning to invite me,I have already made the journey to the Neath and settled down.
I still welcome all and any amount of social actions tho.[/quote]

I would love to send you social invites, but I fear my brain has become addled. Nothing comes up for you in Twitter when I search your name! would you add me, then I could just follow you as well from that? Thanks so very much dear!

Check her signature :P