A Rainbow of Offerings?

[li]From what I understand, this is a single-use storylet only available to recent PoSI’s. The situation I need advice on is this: I am a bringer of death (what, that spirifer was interfering with my new business) and thus have one option available to me, but I’m wondering if it’s worth working towards the correspondence option, seeing as I aim to go that way eventually. Thoughts?

Really the rainbow of offering is only a way to get some free advanced items to get you started. Mostly you’d want to choose the items that seem most expensive to you for example: I lack in the persuasive stat and personal recommendations are obtained by exchanging items that are acquired by performing persuasive tasks so I chose the option that gives you free personal recommendations. Your choice should also be effected by what items you want. For example: I wanted a ship which required whirring contraptions, etc so that would’ve also effected by choice too.

Forever Changed by the Nadir
Imprisoned by Nightmares

The master thief option i think is both the most costly to acquire by other means and also coincidentally most of what you need to build a ship.

On this topic, is “Your Family’s Faithful Retainer” a good/efficient option if you have access to it?

It should be decent. Legal Documents and Personal Recommendations are very hard to get compared to other things.

Dare I ask which Fate-locked story enables that choice?

House of Chimes, it has an entry option that cost 1 Fate.

How many of each does it award? If that isn’t over the spoiler line. I’ve yet to actually pick an entry for House of Chimes and was wondering if that was worth going out of my way for.[li]
edited by Jeremy Avalon on 4/25/2015

[quote=Jeremy Avalon]How many of each does it award? If that isn’t over the spoiler line. I’ve yet to actually pick an entry for House of Chimes and was wondering if that was worth going out of my way for.[li]
edited by Jeremy Avalon on 4/25/2015[/quote]

From my memory several Legal Document and exactly one single Personal Recommendation. Probably equal to other choices.

Well, personally, I decided to go with the Master Thief option even though I DID have the ‘Family Retainer’ option available… being able to get your first ship with just a couple of extra items thrown in, no fuss, is VERY nice. Plus, Sunless Sea was on sale, and I just needed to do the whole ‘give advice to aspiring sea-captains’ bit before I had all the available bonuses to pass on to there. ^_^

I did the thief one, deciding that it seems like the the sort of thing scarrow would do!