A Question on Multiple Characters

I’ve been considering starting another character, now that my first is a Person of Some Importance and quite far along the pipeline.

I am aware that there is no rule against multiple characters, however I want to ask about the interactions these characters may hae with one another
Section 7. of the Fallen London Terms and Conditions states that accounts may be suspended if alts are being used to gain an unfair competitive advantage.
Does this clause cover any and all interactions? (i.e. My main character being a patron, or social actions to boost stats between them) Or is it more oriented towards Knife and Candle/PvP?

The only “competition” in FL is Knife-and-Candle; one might use alts to farm Moon League wins, which can grant access to unrefuseable challenges and higher-grade K&C stat boosting equipment, etc.

As far as I understand it, that is what is forbidden.

I believe it’s there to prevent people from starting up farming alts for First City Coins for their main account, or attacking a single player repeatedly with a bunch of different characters. I don’t think regular interactions are out of line.

I’ll occasionally use one of my characters to heal the other, but I figure that’s fair since I lose an action from one character to gain one for another. I try to keep them separate financially however, as I want to roleplay them and play the game fairly.

The only things I can think of right now which seem competitive in any way are K&C, the Tournament of Lilies, and the very rare limited availability access codes.

The two big things with alts is not to use them for fate farming (this is now no longer possible anyway) or for gaining advantage, i.e. funnelling echoes into a main account from dozens of alts.

I didn’t even know it was possible to pass Echoes between alts. That does seem like it crosses a line alright. Social actions and the like seem fine as they cost both characters an action. But Echoes seems too far.

Edit: It occurs to me that this is probably done by various means of gifting items or arranging for K&C items to be &quotstolen&quot, rather than transfer of Echoes themselves. Still, it does seem to be taking it too far.
edited by NinjaComedian on 1/6/2015

[quote=NinjaComedian]I didn’t even know it was possible to pass Echoes between alts. That does seem like it crosses a line alright. Social actions and the like seem fine as they cost both characters an action. But Echoes seems too far.

Edit: It occurs to me that this is probably done by various means of gifting items or arranging for K&C items to be &quotstolen&quot, rather than transfer of Echoes themselves. Still, it does seem to be taking it too far.
edited by NinjaComedian on 1/6/2015[/quote]

You can also send boxes of the unexpected, I guess.

The most profitable scenario would be if you had high level alts associated with the Bohemians who could acquire First City Coins to send to one character, but its a time consuming project.

I have three characters I use, although I only ever pay for Nex on my main character. I would love nothing more than to be able to merge all three accounts together into a single roster but given the limitations on the Storynexus that seems terribly unlikely. I do however have the benefit of pursuing three ambitions at the same time, which is quite gratifying.

edited by Owen Wulf on 1/6/2015