A question of numbers and of stockpiles.

Lets start with an unknown, X.

I want to get X of each of the lowest level of items. Then upconvert them to tier 2.
Then get another X, and upconvert twice.

I want to do this until I’ve got as many as X of the first level provides of every further level.

For example, glim into map scraps, stories, and all the way to the puzzling map.

There are values of X glim that provide NO puzzling maps. You just don’t get there from here if you started this with only an X of 1,000.

I want X to be small enough to be reasonable, but large enough to feel like I’ve done something. I want to be able to point at, say, the partial maps and have that be a large enough stack of them to look good.

Also, arn’t there items that have upgrades beyond the tier 5 of the puzzling map?
If I was wise I guess I should pick a large enough X to have those finish as well.

For now I’m using 10k.

10k glim is 1k map scraps is 200 Zea-stories is 40 partial maps is 5 (and change) puzzling maps.

Technically, ending with 5 requires …

5:25:125:525:5,250 … but you can’t actually convert at exactly those ratios… 21k is a nice &quotround&quot number though… 42k has a certain appeal. Would give me 40 of each tier 5 item.

Or 10k glim is 1050 mapscrap, “is” 220.5 zz, is 44.1 partmaps, is 8.82 puzzmaps ;)
The end number must be divisible by 5, so multiply by 500:
5M glim is 525k mapscrap, is 110250 zz, is 22050 partmap, is 4410 puzzmaps.
(ETA: I guess multiplying by 250 (and starting with 2.5M glim) would have been enough)

If you are using the boring connection-eating upconverts from T1 and T2 …
10k glim is 1k mapscrap is 200 zz is 40 partmap is 8 puzzmap. Everything until the last conversion is fine, so to get the last one (and therefore all ones) correctly aligned, multiply by GCD(40,25)=5 (again ;):
50k glim is 5k mapscrap is 1000 zz is 200 partmap is (200/25=8,8*5=) 40 puzzmaps.
Slighlty cheaper, that.
edited by xKiv on 7/18/2016

50k does seem like a horrible lot of something to grind for, when I’m going to grind it 5 times…
250k glim, that’s…

well, only a penny per glim but…

$2,500.00

Is a quarter of a goat, and I was going to do this for all items I could grind easily.

[quote=Ben ]50k does seem like a horrible lot of something to grind for, when I’m going to grind it 5 times…
250k glim, that’s…

well, only a penny per glim but…

$2,500.00

Is a quarter of a goat, and I was going to do this for all items I could grind easily.[/quote]
Never measure in units of goat-fractions. measure in units of time given X actions dedicated a day. It makes it easier to think about, and gives more acurate numbers, because goat-time is using best grind. [also, it’s closer to 1/5th of a goat, since 117XX.XX echoes. :}]
edited by Grenem on 7/21/2016

I am thinking of doing it for 12 resources, give or take.

So thinking of each one as a quarter of a goat, puts it at 3 goats.

It gives me a shape for how difficult a process this is.

Not going to stop me, but perhaps I won’t take a number that big…