A Question About Ships

unless you want to spend fate, the yacht costs a small fortune to try to get, and you have to pass a luck check, too. i mean, you lose less on failure than on success, but you lose quite a bit on failure as well.[/quote]

Oh, I already know about that. I was confused because he spoke of it like it was a different option.[/quote]
He meant stockpile enough for, say, five bets. if you win, good, if you lose… it’s all the more frustrating.

I disagree with his suggestion, but that’s what he meant.[/quote]

Oh god no. I will barely be able to stockpile for one bet.

unless you want to spend fate, the yacht costs a small fortune to try to get, and you have to pass a luck check, too. i mean, you lose less on failure than on success, but you lose quite a bit on failure as well.[/quote]

Oh, I already know about that. I was confused because he spoke of it like it was a different option.[/quote]
He meant stockpile enough for, say, five bets. if you win, good, if you lose… it’s all the more frustrating.

I disagree with his suggestion, but that’s what he meant.[/quote]

Oh god no. I will barely be able to stockpile for one bet.[/quote]
I made seven within a day, but that’s because i didn’t care about it until about a season after it was within my means. by that point, i could bleed money to the point i could outright buy the supplies at a loss for buying it.

Note that you only get the Yacht if you succeed on the luck challenge AND both the Persuasive and Watchful challenges. In other words, make sure you have 100% chances for them.

Currently grinding honey, argh. 30 actions just for the romantic notions.

I suppose I don’t have it so hard since I’m getting four Favours a week with my profession, so I have an alright stockpile, and I had a bunch of unused cellars from the Rainbow of Offerings card.