A question, about Cats

Given that my question is about mechanics please pardon me speaking Out Of Character.

I’m most interested in furthering my character’s associations to the Duchess, cats, and the Mirror Marches. I think only the Duchess is an actual in-game association, though I’d be thrilled to be wrong. My understanding, from having played the Court of Cats, is that I can increase the Duchesse’s favor by helping cats, further looking into things claims that I can turn boxed cats in to her to increase her favor.

Now my character would never countenance boxing a cat, and I’ve tended to discard that card from my hand when it’s come up – not realizing I could do something like free the cat, I don’t recall the wording on the card precisely but I didn’t get the impression I could do something to help the cat in the box. So here’s my question.

Did I miss a choice on the card that I should have looked at that would have allowed me to turn it in to the Duchess, or is it that I need someone to send me a boxed cat for that?

As I’m fairly new to the game, is there another good way for me to gain the Duchesse’s favor?

Thanks all,

-abs

http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/absimiliard~the~Elder

If you can get to the shuttered palace, publishing poetry in praise of her is probably the best way to increase your connection. But I don’t think theres anything else you can do with a boxed cat.

Sadly, there is no connected cats or mirror marshes.
edited by suinicide on 2/13/2016

You can accept the boxed cat from the card and choose to let the cat free, instead of passing it along.

Alas, I’m far too new to have access to the palace yet, and given my character’s scandalous nature I’m not sure it’ll ever happen, but we’ll see.

So I must’ve just mis-read an option then, thx th8827. I’ll be sure to more closely read the card the next time it pops up.

[quote=absimiliard]Alas, I’m far too new to have access to the palace yet, and given my character’s scandalous nature I’m not sure it’ll ever happen, but we’ll see.

So I must’ve just mis-read an option then, thx th8827. I’ll be sure to more closely read the card the next time it pops up.[/quote]
It’s not an option on the card itself, but rather an option on the item you get by claiming the box. That said, next time it pops up use it to counteract scandal- the option works decently, and is hilarious on success!
edited by Grenem on 2/13/2016

You have to accept the box from the card. Then, you can use the box for a new set of actions.
[li]