a poll to see if people are enjoying the election!

[li]for the record im option one I got invisible eminence recently and I’ve just had this feeling of end like there’s no to push for nothing to fight for anymore the elections changed that.
I’ve got something to work towards now that I feel will have a real impact even if it is only temporary.
edited by crazyroosterman on 7/1/2017

Lemme just slide myself in here before crazyroosterman can correct their post.

EDIT: It’s been corrected, so this text is now obsolete.
edited by Tystefy on 7/1/2017

…Do we really need to keep poking this?

Next up: a poll to see if people think there are enough polls about the election.

I dunno if the problem is polls so much as… well, immediately after a &quotthis election is stressful&quot thread gets locked, someone makes one implying the exact same thing. It feels like it’s just inviting the same bickering, ironically by complaining about bickering.

Guys, this has been pretty much resolved. The quasi-roleplaying debates will be kept to certain threads, that’s been established. All these threads are trying to address a problem that’s been handled.

(Edited to be less crabby and snippy.)
edited by Isaac Zienfried on 7/1/2017

[quote=Isaac Zienfried]I dunno if the problem is polls so much as… well, immediately after a &quotthis election is stressful&quot thread gets locked, someone makes one implying the exact same thing. It feels like it’s just inviting the same bickering, ironically by complaining about bickering.
Guys, this has been pretty much resolved. The quasi-roleplaying debates will be kept to certain threads, that’s been established. All these threads are trying to address a problem that’s been handled.

(Edited to be less crabby and snippy.)
edited by Isaac Zienfried on 7/1/2017[/quote] I just wanted to see what number of people were enjoying this election like my self and how many weren’t and for what reasons? I don’t see what’s wrong with that? ):

edit wait are you complaing about me or about other people complaining? it just occurred to me that I might be miss entepreting your post? sorry if that sounds dumb but my heads feeling a bit scatter-brained at the moment.

[li]

It’s really not just you, so don’t take it personally. I’m not trying to be insulting. It’s just… a bit exasperating to see one thread devolve into people throwing out personal accusations over election behavior, and then see another crop up right after that’s very similar.

…If anything, chalk it up to bad timing, I guess.

also the title wasn’t having a go at whatever thing people might think it is.
its just that this is my first time making a poll literally ever in my entire life so I wanted to be precise and to the point and have it tell people EXACTLY what it is.

…Jeez, now I feel like I’m picking on you. I-It’s really not that, okay?!?

But yeah, at this point, I’ve seen more pushback against &quotdebating&quot than actual debate, especially since it’s all pouring in after we decided to quiet down. I guess it’s just frustrating to see people express discontent with something that we’ve already stopped doing. Then again, if they go back and read old threads, it’s just as current to them as if we were still doing it, so there’s that. The format of forums in general leads to a disconnect in how time is perceived, much like zailing far from London…
edited by Isaac Zienfried on 7/1/2017

[quote=Isaac Zienfried]It’s really not just you, so don’t take it personally. I’m not trying to be insulting. It’s just… a bit exasperating to see one thread devolve into people throwing out personal accusations over election behavior, and then see another crop up right after that’s very similar.
…If anything, chalk it up to bad timing, I guess.[/quote] okay so its not me then…when you were talking about poking were you referring to dogman? (I know that’s not his name but its what im calling him now) because his post was a little jibe at the fact that my message I created with the poll before I corrected it was insane code gibberish that parked it self there of its own volition.
unless you were being pre-emptive in which ill try to stop this derailing further.

[li]

[quote=Isaac Zienfried]…Jeez, now I feel like I’m picking on you. I-It’s really not that, okay?!?

But yeah, at this point, I’ve seen more pushback against &quotdebating&quot than actual debate, especially since it’s all pouring in after we decided to quiet down. I guess it’s just frustrating to see people express discontent with something that we’ve already stopped doing. Then again, if they go back and read old threads, it’s just as current to them as if we were still doing it, so there’s that. The format of forums in general leads to a disconnect in how time is perceived, much like zailing far from London…
edited by Isaac Zienfried on 7/1/2017[/quote] don’t worry that was a general disclaimer not aimed at you or any persifick person.

edit I was just about to ask if you originally thought the title I made was sarcastic but then I stopped my self because you already said your gripes have nought to do with my self and I need to get of the paranoia train im riding at the moment.
and I think what’s caused my confusion is that im associating your general griping with some of kind of subtle implication that im somehow part of these gripers your speaking of.

[li]
edited by crazyroosterman on 7/1/2017[/li][li]

NOW THEN! let us get back on topic.
my original message still in its entirety and if you wish to post whatever it is you want to post go ahead ill try my best not to be paranoid again.

and if any of these gripers that our friend issac is speaking of come over to gripe then they shall be quietly but not to quietly tutted at in till they either end said griping or politely leave.

I’ve been partaking in the election for less than 24 hours and I already want out.

Whoever came up with that “Random A-hole #5649756C has sent you an angry mob! You must now spend resources you don’t have or jack up your menaces to get rid of it before you can do a d*mn thing for your own candidate’s campaign, and also you can’t do anything in your campaign if you raised your menaces too high getting rid of the mob, and by the time you’ve lowered them enough to actually do any of the activities some jerk has already sent you ANOTHER angry mob and no, you can’t just decide to ignore it and go do non-elecion stuff because the mob will still randomly pop up during your gameplay to throw tomatoes at you and increase your wounds” mechanic deserves to be shot into the sun.

Yeah, this is a lot of fun. Thanks whoever came up with that mechanic. The best festivals are the ones where I have to constantly spend money just to be able to freaking MOVE.

I’ve been told some people enjoy it, and those who don’t… don’t play Agitator.

That being said, perhaps there should be as many warning labels for Agitator as there are for Seeking.

Indeed. You only get that if you’re an agitator, and it seems there wasn’t adequate warning for this.

well, Agitator was the profession that suited my character best and, while I knew there’d be changes with the new social mechanics, I didn’t think they would render it practically unplayable.

I literally had a soul shepherd card at the ready to nuke my menaces as soon as I got rid of the last mob, and in between using it and trying to start a flash lay, I got hit by another stupid mob. ^%$^$%*!!!
edited by Kukapetal on 7/1/2017

Well, buddy up with a few active Fixers. There’s a glut of them out there, after all. They can help with Menaces and they benefit from it, too.

[quote=Isaac Zienfried]I’ve been told some people enjoy it, and those who don’t… don’t play Agitator.

That being said, perhaps there should be as many warning labels for Agitator as there are for Seeking.[/quote] can agitators only abuse other agitators?
also to kuka what’s your characters name? I might be one of these mob setter your speaking of in which I sincerely apologise some people who are into the election like my self enjoy the feeling of being mobbed and then others don’t.
edit ahh interesting I heatfeltly agree that the fact that being agitator is basically going into this games super duper extremely rare occasion of pvp does need a big warning behind it!.

[li]

It’s just a bad mechanic, it’s not your fault or any other player’s, Crazyroosterman :)

your name though? id like to avoid adding to your grief!
also im lucky in that zorgan is charismatic as well as a shadow so with those 2 stats and previous cannon experiences I can basically do any class I want with him
I had no idea this was the pvp class when I choose it I did so because its the most efficient career to advance.
[li]