A particularly foreign office

This is a rather spoilery question about Fate-locked content, so I’ll try to keep things as vague as possible. Still, if you haven’t unlocked the Fate content in the Foreign Office, please do not read on! (You won’t learn much anyway.)

→ [color=rgb(255, 255, 255)]My question is this: Is there actually something left to do after taking a side and accepting a boon of some kind? I mean, yeah, the Foreign Office isn’t locked or anything, but the only option left is simply an ordinary non-golden storylet with a fairly mundane reward; the story doesn’t go on. I found that kind of unsatisfying, and indeed unusual for Failbetter Games - usually, there’s some sort of conclusion to the story, as with the Velocipede Squad, or some intrigue, as with Flute Street. So… is it just me, or does the Foreign Office story really just peter out?[/color] ←

Of course, it’s also possible I’m simply complaining too much. I have a habit of doing that. Still, I can’t help but wonder.

I did think it ended a little abruptly. Still, I’m sure there’ll be more to it later on - as zee-travel opens up.

I’m reasonably certain that this’ll be continued!
(though I have to say I found the place very disquieting shudder)
edited by Rupho Schartenhauer on 3/24/2015

Everyone’s so dashed polite, though, and so matter-of-fact about their little peccadilloes. I find it rather endearing.

Oh, definitely. That’s why I was so disappointed with the seemingly abrupt end. Especially as you don’t [color=rgb(255, 255, 255)]acquire a quality that “may be the key to your future” as with the other high-end Fate-locked content.[/color]

I know I’m replying to an old thread here, but I’m finding myself a bit stumped. I spent the 20 Nex on the additional content, my Mysteries of the Foreign Office quality is now 7.

I turned down the additional companion (even though my dear artist’s model is beginning to bore me. Please don’t tell her. She’d be most crushed), and other than changing sides, I don’t know where to go next. I’m assuming that I do something other than hanging about in the Foreign Office, correct?

That’s the end for now.

Well that’s terribly depressing :(

I’m sure more will come later. Just hang tight and try to find something fun to do in the meantime. ^^