A non spoiler guide to fate locked content?

Hey, a spoiler-free version isn’t a bad idea - someone did just make a post asking for one!

I think your non-spoiler list could be pretty useful on the Wiki - Category:Fate is a bit too messy. An overview of major storyline to buy is useful for planning, too - just think of it like an expanded Fate tab!

I will get a text version up. Soon. When I am not lazy. Then the higher level stories. But I like using image because I enjoy giving the Captivating Princess a black eye and force everyone to look at it on the guide and feel my contempt!!!
edited by Estelle Knoht on 5/30/2015

The Wiki is probably a good place for a spoiler-light/free version of the guide, as a more detailed listing might crop up too frequently in searches, leading to people getting inadvertently spoiled.

To some degree of relevance, what storylet/card/location provides me with the fate locked option(s) that allow me to work towards Bifurcated Owl? I am hell bent on getting the creature if it is still possible, however I don’t know where to start at this point (Though I am busy collected non fate animals for breeding at current)

It’s at the end of the “Solving Cases around Fallen London” storyline you unlock after finishing the University. You’ll get a card that allows you to purchase access into Flute Street, where you can get the Rubbery Hound for breeding.

After recently having found that I can use my mobile credit to buy Fate/Nex, I’ve finally been able to buy 100-ish Fate and start unlocking stuff. So this sort of information is really useful to me.

Knowing which stories are useful or have helpful rewards would be really handy, so I looked through the forums at peoples comments (and Estelle’s chart)
Since then, I’ve bought the Soul Trade story, and the Fate purchases for a Zubmarine, Inconvenienced By Your Aunt, and Uncovering Secrets Framed In Gold.

Ah, I did wonder about that one! I’ve heard Flute street is really good, but never knew where to find it until now. (I’ve been avoiding progress in the University because it was a reliable way to reduce Nightmares - though lately I’ve found the wonders of Laudanum, so maybe it’s time I moved onwards.)

I don’t know how to warn people about the squad subtly. Or should I leave it out? But so many people complains about it.

Also, I regret not echoing properly all these years ago. So much.

Also, leaving the Foreign Office out for now because Carnelian Coast might tilt the place on its axis, very slightly.
edited by Estelle Knoht on 6/3/2015

I like it.

I think you hit the ‘Spinning of the Wheels’ right - you give enough information for people to make a decision, or else ask for spoilers.

You seem to use red for bad or negative statements, apart from the line in Flute Street, which I feel is a positive. Is this deliberate, or am I reading too much into the colour coding?

[quote=RandomWalker]
You seem to use red for bad or negative statements, apart from the line in Flute Street, which I feel is a positive. Is this deliberate, or am I reading too much into the colour coding?[/quote]

Most of the time, but there are slip-ups with the color now and then.

While we wait for the upcoming changes to the Fate page, would someone be willing to shoot me a PM about SFiG? I feel like not trusting the forger, but want to know what I’m passing up by picking such a foolish course of action.

I don’t mind telling you openly that the Forger is a trustworthy sort of fellow… though he might not have full access to the facts. One might push the matter, have the complete story… and the Bazaar is terribly fond of stories. Indeed, having so fine a story as this to offer it might even unlock one’s Destiny… but the Forger’s friendship would have be sacrificed along the way. It’s up to you to decide which you value more.

I’m a touch more concerned with what the canvas and the details of its contents would sell for. That, and if my friendship with the Forger can, as so many things in the ever shifting Neath, be recovered with time. I feel it unlikely I would stop this pursuit when there remains something yet to lose, and yet, I wonder…

The friendship will be damaged to the point that only a fairly significant amount of Fate will recover it. 20 Fate, to be precise.