A non spoiler guide to fate locked content?

My question is this: Can we could have a non-spoiler thread (No story content discussed) that could point players in a general direction when it involves items or companions that are part of Fate locked paths or events? More to the point, A simple list of Fate locked stories along with what rewards are available for playing them. (Possibly with a list of recommended levels and items for completing them)

Note: I am well aware that fate locked content is not to be discussed (for good reason), however I am sure I am not the only one who would be far more inclined to buy and use Fate if I had a general idea as to what the long term goal would be. I don’t want to see any content or stories spoiled because of something like this, but Instead have a point of reference before taking the plunge of dealing with fate.

I second this. Deciding to buy into something fate-locked because it looks like it might be interesting is one thing, but knowing that a particularly useful reward awaits at the end of a fate-locked section is certainly also a factor in such purchases.

Basically, I don’t see how a ‘directory’ like this could HURT the game’s cash-flow - if anything, it’s more likely to make some people go “Oh, I had no idea you could get THAT! Better buy some Fate and go grab it!”

I agree completely. Having some general description of the content you’re buying could only help with decisions and boost sales.
In fact, since I’m finding myself buying lots of fate-locked stories lately, I’m considering making such a guide myself in the future, and I already have a little draft.

What could be in it: general overview of the story (something close to what you can see on the NEX tab description), description of the length of story (aka 5 storylets + 5 opportunity cards, etc), general description of permanent cards (aka unlocks 1 permanent useful storylet/opp. card), general overview of the rewards and unique items (such as &quotduring the story you will receive a unique transportation item&quot), maybe some comments from the fate thread (aka &quotthe story has received favourable reviews, praising it for interesting lore and useful material rewards&quot).
What won’t be in the guide: obviously, any story text, spoilers, item names

I wonder if that would be okay. I should talk it over with FB some time. I also have no qualms about anyone making their own guide, personally!
edited by Danko on 5/27/2015

I could see it maybe preventing people from buying stories that are generally considered disappointing, but it’s not like that information isn’t already out there.
I suppose it might hurt good stories with sub-par material rewards (like The Gift) as well, but again, information is already out there, centralizing it isn’t bad.

[spoiler]

[/spoiler]

Cons: Hazy memory, Highly Subjective, Bad Grasp on game mechanics, Laziness, Cannot read between the lines (Tricked by Mr Chimes for 3 years and running), Vulnerable to Tiger-Keeper, Parabolan-Weasels
edited by Estelle Knoht on 5/27/2015

[color=#0066ff]Hannah edit: Adding spoiler tags[/color]
edited by h4nchan on 5/29/2015

[quote=Estelle Knoht]

Cons: Hazy memory, Highly Subjective, Bad Grasp on game mechanics, Laziness, Cannot read between the lines (Tricked by Mr Chimes for 3 years and running), Vulnerable to Tiger-Keeper, Parabolan-Weasels
edited by Estelle Knoht on 5/27/2015[/quote]
However that is not only Fate locked content in the game, far from it.

[color=#0066ff]Hannah edit: adding spoiler tags[/color]
edited by h4nchan on 5/29/2015

Well, it’s always going to be subjective. As long as you allow community input though, it should be good enough. I certainly like the design!

You may want to put a marker indicating if the story is repeatable.

Would you be including monthly content? There was another discussion recently on how best to aggregate the possible rewards from it. I think the official stance was “link journal entries”, but I suspect this would be a more compelling and reliable archive.

The right half of that image is cut off for me. Is there a link where I can view the full image?

Er. It was intentional because I have barely started on making it. Sorry.

I wiill chew on that for a bit and get the regular fate stories done first, I suppose?

I must say, you make strategic use of the cut-tool. “And an ultra-powerfulSTATIC” indeed. The Long-Lost Daughter is a storyline I decided to give a miss early on, but exemplifying the point of this debate… I might go back and buy it anyway, just to get the unique companion and that ultra-powerful MISSING. :p

Honestly, I’d appreciate clear-cut outcome summaries like these for non-Fate storylines as well!
There are lots of stories I would have done differently, would have done sooner, or would not have done at all, had I known the mechanical consequences. Anything that adds a terrible opportunity card to my deck would be worth avoiding, for example.
edited by Ian Hart on 5/27/2015

[quote=Ian Hart]Honestly, I’d appreciate clear-cut outcome summaries like these for non-Fate storylines as well!
There are lots of stories I would have done differently, would have done sooner, or would not have done at all, had I known the mechanical consequences. Anything that adds a terrible opportunity card to my deck would be worth avoiding, for example.
edited by Ian Hart on 5/27/2015[/quote]

This is a big concern that’s often overlooked. I’ve spent two weeks so far doing nothing but grinding The Student Body because I sold my soul so those blasted devils would drop their card out of my deck, and the last thing I need is another one coming in to clutter the place up.

I’d definitely want this as well

Updated.
Begging for input, PM and everything you have about fate-locked stories even though I played a lot of them I don’t take notes

Currently need details on:
A Trade in Faces
Blemmigan Affair
The Gift
Bound in Diocesan Intrigue
Everything
edited by Estelle Knoht on 5/29/2015

Estelle, this is really great (and exceptionally pretty!)! I’m not sure it passes the no-spoiler rule, though. I would think showing specific endings and their rewards would be prohibited.
edited by Danko on 5/28/2015

[quote=Danko]Estelle, this is really great (and exceptionally pretty!)! I’m not sure it passes the no-spoiler rule, though. I would think showing specific endings and their rewards would be prohibited.
edited by Danko on 5/28/2015[/quote]

I agree entirely, though it is a very helpful resource.
(Just bought my first Fate-locked story today!) ^_^

This compilation is already pointing out some things I didn’t know and would have had to trawl threads for. And it does contain the same kind of information that Alexis has suggested people write into journal headings; it’s just that it’s an image rather than a set of links to journals. I mean, would it really be better (even if more kosher) to compile all this info into a series of links like this: http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/metasynthie?fromEchoId=5812202

By the way, could some kindly individual PM me with the details of the relicker-replacing choice of the face-tailor story? I’d like to know how much scrap the action produces (and if there are any other side-effects).

I appreciate the work that’s gone into this, but images are a really unfriendly way of transmitting information; can it please just be text?

I like the images, and the coloured text does help with readability. Thumbs up.

I’m just really annoyed with myself at not keeping notes, or I could fill in a lot of the blanks. Oh well.

I’m done with all the Fate locked content, so I can’t report any of the ending rewards. I could head back to Flute Street and compile all the rewards available there, if that is something worth considering.
I do have all the animals (including the owl) from Empyrean Redolence, if that’s something you need.