A New Living World Event: The Ravenous Lifeberg

I would guess so. We don’t know for sure, of course.

Dang, I seem to accidently have touched a report button in one of the answers. Is there anything I can do about this?
edited by El Mar on 4/26/2022

[quote=El Mar]Dang, I seem to accidently have touched a report button in one of the answers. Is there anything I can do about this?
edited by El Mar on 4/26/2022[/quote]

It happens from time to time; I wouldn’t worry about it. The mods will see it was a mistake.

There’s no automatic process that penalizes anyone for getting reported. A mod will look at the post, see that it’s inoffensive, and move on. They know how easy it is to hit the button by accident.

Just found out about this now. Oh well. Can’t be helped.

Probably for the best. Would have been very annoying to have discovered it in a more timely fashion and yet still not be able to participate because of its fleeting nature, as seems to have been the case for some people. This has happened before, hasn’t it? They don’t seem to be learning.

Another one! But less rewarding this time. I reckon ~7.3 EpA if you could do the loop in 6 actions. Which is hard for non-monster hunters.
edited by Waterpls on 5/3/2022

Quick question: is it more efficient to use this event to gain Beseemer Steel Ingots, compared to other traditional methods?

Less than half of rewards will be in ingots. So… no, it’s not the best way if you care only about steel.
At least at this point. There are three phases in this hunt, in different parts of Unterzee. We only have seen one.

[quote=Waterpls]Another one! But less rewarding this time. I reckon ~7.3 EpA if you could do the loop in 6 actions. Which is hard for non-monster hunters.
edited by Waterpls on 5/3/2022[/quote]

As long as it’s 6+ still a very good option. Maybe not better than the best cards, but better than pretty much any other grind and straightforward.

Also, what Boots are a long grind?

[quote=Toran]

Also, what Boots are a long grind?[/quote]
Special riding boots for hellworm. 200k scrip.

The storylet to buy the Boots has game instructions saying that they’re no better than the much more easily obtainable boots you probably already have. Once you’ve bought them you get the opportunity to buy Boot Polish for another 200k scrip. The game instructions for that just says “The Hellworm-Riding Boot Polish does nothing.” I assume that’s as far as the joke goes, but so far no one has gotten enough scrip to buy the polish

Today I learned that the Darkdrop Coffee cannot be consumed while zailing! That seems…unrealistic… :)
(ETA: had originally written &quotat sea&quot - but of course we’re not - suppose the constant threat of monsters should keep zailors awake without any coffee…)
edited by theonie on 5/3/2022

It can! You just go to the Captain’s Cabin storylet that you always see when Zailing.

[quote=amalgamate]It can! You just go to the Captain’s Cabin storylet that you always see when Zailing.[/quote]Ohh!! Thank you so much! That is honestly the single most helpful thing I’ve learned today! :)

Just a note I’ve not seen mentioned for anyone that wants any of these kinda hard to get items:

You can get an Element of Dawn for 4 Deeds, a Salt Steppe Atlas (For Khanate unlock, also comes with a few extras) for 10 Deeds, and a Scrap of Ivory Organza for 16 deeds.

All of these items range from &quotKinda annoying to get&quot to &quotLiteraly impossibe to get outside of Holidays&quot depending on the item, and may be worth your time to consider.
edited by Kylestien on 5/4/2022

Now down to ~14,000 mass remaining, and still in the Salt Steppe.

I don’t think this one is going to get much closer to London than the last one did :)

Sea of Voices now.

And it has gotten quite a bit more elusive to boot, so we shall see how long it lasts…

Ugh, second phase is much harder and less rewarding. Less than 5 EpA.

All things considered, maybe I’d rather take a break now and find out what happens when it hits Shepherd’s Wash. On the one hand, the Lifeberg will get even more Elusive. On the other hand, I’m pretty OK with Polythreme getting eaten by a Lifeberg.

Why do these things beeline for London anyways? There are multiple civilizations it’s skipping by, which are closer, probably tastier, and have fewer citizens armed with explosives? I swear zee-life is actively malicious to the average Londoner, and while we probably deserve it I’m still going to take it lying down.

[quote=Sir Reginald Monteroy]Sea of Voices now.

And it has gotten quite a bit more elusive to boot, so we shall see how long it lasts…[/quote]
Maxed out Monstrous Anatomy went from giving 100% chance of predicting behavior to 10%. The straight up Dangerous challenges only went down a few points.