A New Living World Event: The Ravenous Lifeberg

[quote=DTravel]It really does seem like FBG still doesn’t have a handle on how fast these kinds of events will attract players and how many actions they will devote to it.[/quote]They do definitely tend towards underestimation.

[quote=KenShi]Perhaps there’d be another phase with another 8000 HP in another zee as it reach zero.[/quote]It did occur to me, but I consider it very unlikely based on the presentation. It’s down to a little over 500 now and I expect that means it’s about to die.

Indeed it appears to be sunk right now.

Yes, it does. Meh.

Hah, I managed to engage it for one final attack run before it croaked.

Time to retire the Admiralty- They are no longer needed to defend London’s waters, it seems.

Seems like there were decent rewards to be had. Oh well.

I really don’t understand how they can be so bad at estimating. Even I could tell, as soon as I saw the number 8,000, that it would probably not last the day.

They seem to be far to afraid of an event lasting too long

[quote=PJ]They seem to be far to afraid of an event lasting too long[/quote]Lucky I logged on during my lunch hour at work or I’d have missed it completely. Agreed that this event was far too short - surely there’s a happy medium somewhere between a flash in the pan and a forest fire lasting weeks…

I rather presumed the first time they did it would be a short event then if they know it is working fine they can do a longer one. That’s what happened with the crabs.

[quote=Lady Karnstein]I rather presumed the first time they did it would be a short event then if they know it is working fine they can do a longer one. That’s what happened with the crabs.[/quote]Oh right! I’d forgotten there was a trial run with the crab hunting, as I’d missed that one. That would be marvellous. The idea of a sentient and hungry land-berg is pretty neat, among all the other neat inventions in FL. :) I could go with an excursion to hunt them for a week or so!

…so I’m guessing the hunt I just learned about is over, huh.

golly, but it would sure be nice to have things to hunt at zee other than this one Hard Seal that I already caught so I can’t hunt it anymore. :/

I managed to score 10 hits. Rewards were top notch (~9 EpA), especially because it was killed near Khanate, so you could grab weekly rewards from spynet and crates.

[quote=Qube ]…so I’m guessing the hunt I just learned about is over, huh.

golly, but it would sure be nice to have things to hunt at zee other than this one Hard Seal that I already caught so I can’t hunt it anymore. :/[/quote]

By the way, if you want to redo the seal hunt, just breed it in the labyrinth of tigers to use it up and you can redo the hunting.

It’s profitable (though not by endgame EPA standards).

Intriguing. We’re testing monster hunting, gotta love it!

I would do this again, not crab farming except where I need to create Knobs of Scintillack.

Nice text, fun overall content. Thanks FBG!

How this worked:
Woke up, got coffee
Sat on couch and turned on tablet
Got pop-up notice of event
Dashed back to London from the Evenlode.
Attempted to go hunt. No option.
Refreshed & reloaded a couple of times just in case.
Decided event was obviously over.
Swore a lot.
edited by Bluestocking on 4/22/2022

So this appears to have started yesterday around noon and ended at some point late in the evening? Nice. Basically no chance for anyone with a job and/or an actual life to take part.

They need to do this kind of event on weekends, and in a way that gives people from different timezones a chance to even notice what’s going on.

Before anyone else downvotes Luke (Barse, our Sun-Scorched Sailor) or complains about the event please remember few things:

1. It started at 11 AM, GMT, and ended about 11 hours later.
  2. It must be during their working hours. You know, FBG are people with a job and a life.
  3. I’m 100% certain that, for the team, the even started 1-2 hours before and ended 1-2 hours after. Add these numbers and see if it’s worth complaining that you have a job and that you missed this event.
  4. Tests need to be done in production environment. To do and still get some sleep you need a limited scope/
  5. As with the crabs, if everything went smoothly, the next berg that will pop will bring some friends.
  6. This is in no way similar to the New Year event. Have patience, more will come!
  7. You know! :)

If you still decide to complain and not really care about the people in this small company, than you are an ungrateful ________ (insert what ever you wish).

This rant comes from someone that went through timed events and those can be very stressful and you can end up working lot of hours! Best throw your thanks instead of complains.

All got was two of those medals and I traded them in for Souls because I had no need for the Bessemer

Sorry, no, I do care about the fine folks at FBG and I will still complain. They can handle a little light (but genuinely annoyed) ribbing when it’s deserved.