A New Living World Event: Shifting Streets

Interesting, because Egyptian stuff is interwoven into the game’s lore.

You should check out the short story, “Reports of Certain Events in London” by Mieville.

1 Like

To those of you accustomed to skipping the text on repeat profit-grinding loops, you maaaay want to pay a bit more attention as of now.

Specifically, there are a few new paragraphs mixed into the conclusions of the Fourth, the Third, and the Second. Possibly related to the world quality dropping below 50%?

2 Likes

What am I misunderstanding as to the value of the second city option? I receive 50 relics of the 2nd city (50 * 0.15 echoes) and one unprovenanced artefact (2.5 echoes). It takes 5 actions to accomplish this so that is 10 E/5 = 2 echoes per action. Others have said that this yields something like 4-6 echoes per action. What is the correct value?

You also get 5 EPA of items for every successful action you take.

Ahh, of course. Thank you very much. So you get 4*5 + 10 = 30/5 = 6 echoes/action as advertised. You, sir, are a gentleman, a scholar, and a judge of fine liquor.

When I found the new story this afternoon (around 1:00 p.m. EDT) the progress bar showed it was about 95% complete. Now, it’s only showing about 40% complete.

It’s shifting just like the streets.

2 Likes

Time to search those streets once more, thanks!

Looks like I may never get to 77 before the event is over, sad. Currently 40+.

Also,

Neighbourhood Noctivagant

Neigh

Horses and the Second City.

2 Likes

I sure won’t make 77; I have 31 now and the world quality is down to about 7%.

And it’s over. For now.

Final score: 73/77. Not too bad, considering that such clickfest events are rigged against non-Fate players and those who can’t be online all the time.

I expect this event to happen again in the future soon. Same for the other living events.

1 Like

I kind of hoped the epilogue would be a First City ruin, but what we got is nice too, and very cozy.

2 Likes

Teasing us with a new pub, but the map is remarkably unchanged. Not that I’m surprised and it was still an entertaining diversion. Do we know if there’s any fallout (a la the Crate Commotion card in the Upper River)?