A mostly theoretical discussion.

Imagine, if you would, a unique social action. You have x fate- let’s say… 30. You send player y a request for item y- with a text something like &quot[inviter] claims fortune will smile on you if you give them [number of item demanded] ys.&quot If you accept, you lose that many of the item, and gain 10 of the spent fate- let’s say 11 is spent, to reduce exploitability. The sender player gains all the item given, and loses the fate. in addition, the request can only be accepted when the sender has more than 30 fate.

What prices would you want if you were the one giving the fate? what prices would you want if you were buying the fate? why?

It will probably have to go with static, pre-set demands like &quotA basket of candles (1000)&quot, and at a godawful barely-better-than-Bazaar rate since it is all too easy to make an alt.

Yes, it cost fate, but who won’t have an alt farming a million rats to be purchased at 50 Fate?

[quote=Estelle Knoht]It will probably have to go with static, pre-set demands like &quotA basket of candles (1000)&quot, and at a godawful barely-better-than-Bazaar rate since it is all too easy to make an alt.

Yes, it cost fate, but who won’t have an alt farming a million rats to be purchased at 50 Fate?[/quote]
Hence why the discussion is theoretical. I’m not really trying to make it balanced, just to ask how much you’d be willing to pay/be paid for fate?

[quote=Grenem]
Hence why the discussion is theoretical. I’m not really trying to make it balanced, just to ask how much you’d be willing to pay/be paid for fate?[/quote]

I’d say something that scale with the worth of the items you trade? Like, buying Searing Enigma from people should cost more fate than buying Whispered Secret of equal value from people. No idea how much as a exact number, though.

For those unwilling or unable to spend real currency on Fate, this would be a good way to acquire it. I don’t know if this would be good or bad overall, though.

So the suggestions is basically make an MMO market board but run on real world currency instead of in game currency? What could possibly go wrong :P

Fate is currently priced at roughly $0.18 per point of fate if bought in bulk. How many echos should you get for a dollar? That’s about 5 to 6 fate. For 7 fate you get the gallery of serpents, that’s a potential 312.5 times 2 echos. So uh, I guess anything less than 625 echos per dollar is a not so good deal.
edited by NiteBrite on 3/25/2016

Another method is think that it’s 20 actions for 10 Fate: you’re playing someone else to grind for you. Can a Searing Engima be reliably obtained in 60 actions?

[quote=NiteBrite]So the suggestions is basically make an MMO market board but run on real world currency instead of in game currency? What could possibly go wrong :P

Fate is currently priced at roughly $0.18 per point of fate if bought in bulk. How many echos should you get for a dollar? That’s about 5 to 6 fate. For 7 fate you get the gallery of serpents, that’s a potential 312.5 times 2 echos. So uh, I guess anything less than 625 echos per dollar is a not so good deal.
edited by NiteBrite on 3/25/2016[/quote]

We also need to think about the amount of actions required. A fate request takes only 1 action, while the gallery doesn’t. Most likely, only people that don’t want to grind it out will use the fate commission feature. Because of that, I think it is more important to measure the EPA of other fate-locked choices, and not pure gain.
Also, there is a possibility of being able to trade choice-locked items this way.

Now, that I think about it, we need to measure EPAF(Echoes/ActionsXFate).
edited by Vavakx Nonexus on 3/25/2016

[quote=NiteBrite]So the suggestions is basically make an MMO market board but run on real world currency instead of in game currency? What could possibly go wrong :P

edited by NiteBrite on 3/25/2016[/quote]
Yes, but without the suggestion part- it’s a genuine question as to how valuable most people consider fate to be, or don’t.

[quote=NiteBrite]So uh, I guess anything less than 625 echos per dollar is a not so good deal.[/quote]Apologies for the nit pick, the average pay out for Gallery of Serpents is 312.5 echoes, not 625.