A Mirrored Crime

“Look! Most of the spiders within the cars are actually living breathing ones that were apparently sedated. Only a certain fraction are figurines.” he says picking up a spider. “See? It’s unconscious.”

OOC- Oops, cages not cars

“With light glowing from their abdomens. Perhaps this were meant for different purpose then figurines?” Evensong continues to examine her spider. The sound of breaking cages continues.

“Perhaps they are used as means to give the Spider Government Power, like easier access to Parabola. Obviously they will first yes the figurines in the cages to teleports hem all into one spot, the binding symbol, which will fuse all of the spiders together, both the figurines and the breathing ones which will create the Spider Courts, with who the process will be repeated. Perhaps this light is supposed to keep the figurine power at bay, not letting them completely take over the spider government. Oh god, just imagine it. An enormous spider much bigger than any single Spider Council, and with the power of teleportation it would completely destroy London.”

“We just keep finding more and more arachnid doomsday scenarios. You probably should finish translating the signs before Dirae Erinyes lashes out at those as well.” Evensong sighs. “At least it better then them being a depressed slump.”

(Don’t worry, we haven’t been the must active either."

“That is a thought. . .Probably take some work to get a hold of such a potent poison. But nothing harder then what we are doing anyway.”

“Remember that each of these circles are also going to be used to fuse the spider-courts made from the circles into the spider government. So we’re not finding other doomsday plots, we’re just finding more details about the single doomsday plot which is to create the Spider Government. I believe the spider-queen human hybrid wants to fuse itself with the spider court. If we disrupt this single circle, there are still several others that could still help create the spider government, if not slightly smaller than intended.” Takes out map that he took from the first cavern. "We need to disrupt this thing at the center, the whole plan revolves around it. We do have to figure out where it is first before we can proceed.

“The signs point to the Hall,” Dirae Erinye’s rasps out, their clothes smoldering. Most of the cloak has been reduced a holey mess. Their sleeves and gloves have taken enough damage to show hints of grey flesh underneath their dark fabric. “Knobby was right to think of conjurers when it comes to mirror workings.”
OOC: That’s my deduction from looking at the map and seeing what what location was closest to be the epicenter from the other locations.

“Perhaps… If conjuration magic is used to create the circle, than wouldn’t conjuration magic destroy it as well?” he says, looking directly at Knobby. “Do you have any contacts at the Hall who could help us, or perhaps any possible suspects?”

“My guess. Someone successful enough to get the resources for this endeavor. However, not someone successful enough to draw attention from an adoring fanbase if they had to suddenly drop out the public eye. Especially if they turned themselves in the spider queen hybrid and not a third party. They would probably arrange a cover story for going missing, such as being dead, going off to the colonies and or staying at the Hotel Bethlehem,” Evensong responds.

“Perhaps they are not a performer, but someone who works backstage, you never see their faces yet they must be well known.” he says pacing. “On another note, may I keep the zubmarine?”

“Sure, we already have one. Dirae Erinyes decided we absolutely had to have one a couple years ago. Might want to make sure it’s probably cleaned out before you take your first voyage.”

“Oh, I don’t plan to tablecloths in it.” Smiled evily, “Nonetheless, where to next? Mahogany Hall or one of the other locations?”

(take a voyage, not tablecloths, sorry)
Waits for people to put a hand on him. “To the Hall!”

OOC: I’ going to assume you plan to picnic in it then.
Should I set the scene or do one of you want to do it?

OOC: No it was just auto correct I meant to say “take a Voyage” not tablecloths. I didn’t mean to say tablecloths.
You should set the eve e

The room is misty, reflecting memories in the foggy mirrors. Looking beyond the circle of mirrors, the rest of the room is clattered with stage junk: unfashionable costumes, damaged backdrops, and decaying props.
“An anchor trap?” Evensong tries to push out from the Correspondence circle. She is stopped, unable to push the mirrors away. She backs away quickly. “Be careful of the mirrors. Our friend has learned a few tricks from the Fingerkings.” Horror spreads over her face as she looks over at Dirae Erinyes. They are reaching for one the mirrors and a hand is reaching out. . .

“Oh god, that is the hand of the figure who stole the figurine. I could never forget something so grotesque. Don’t worry, I’ll handle this.” Runs up to the mirror that the hand is reaching out from, and smashes it with scepter.

But what does Koldun see reflected in the mirror?