A Merchant who has ventured.(Beginner assistance)

Two or three recent threads have expressed frustration at not being able to keep going with just trade, so I thought to make a list of where to find things cheap and sell expensive, so that beginners might get the idea to travel with a few bits of cargo in the vault just so they can trade them off.

The problem is that if a comprehensive list of where you trade and what you trade for is brought out, it kills some of the mystique of the game, So I figured it would be more in keeping to the idea of the game by phrasing this in the way that a captain might speak to another captain.

For example, Something awaits you at the Fathomkings hold combined with a zee story will get you the option for a boon from the king which is worth five supplies or five fuel, but rather than point it out so explicitly, you might instead say…

The Fathomking has a fondness for Zee Stories…

And so on, mainly because I don’t want to turn the game into a resource crunch, but I’m curious what else is out there that I haven’t seen yet.

So…

They like a little Coffee in Irem…
The Mangroves have food for everyone…
There’s treasure buried on Mutton Island…

As a start to this thread, because I wouldn’t want to put all the hints out there, any other captains want to add to this?

Aye, I would love to add to this. Mushroom wine does most well with monks and the dead.

Foxfire candles help with exploring swamps and caves.

Blemmigans must go where propogation is an offering. Keep an eye out for the icon so you may not waste your Blemmigan. You will be paid well for propogation at their home.

Having Salt’s Attention at the Lions dedicated to her is often a good idea.

The wiki isn’t totally up to date, but its price lists for shops, if not profitable interactions, are more or less up to snuff: http://sunlesssea.gamepedia.com/Template:Navbox_shops

Have at translating it to captain-zpeak :P
edited by Fretling on 1/9/2015