A Long Lost Daughter and The Mask of Mr. Veils

What Re peoples’ opinions on these? I am thinking of buyibg one or both. Are they worth it? How are the rewards? If you were to choose only one, which would you choose?

thanks in advance!
Xenu

I’ve never purchased the Long Lost Daughter, but the Mask of Mr Veils just lets you change your cameo. It’s not a story.

The Mask of Mr Veils isn’t a story - it simply allows you to change your character portrait. The Long-Lost Daughter is a fairly linear story with a few opportunities to develop your character’s backstory, with the possible reward of a mid-level Shadowy/Persuasive Pet.

[li]
Man, you are just helping me out all over the place I really appreciate it! On the subject of pets, all I have is the monkey and the parrot. what’s the scoop on pets? How important are they? Should I buy ones with no stats? What should I do? I’m currently rocking the Card shop Monkey with +4 watchful -1 persuasive and -1 Shadowy[/li][li]
edited by EmperorXenu on 1/24/2014

Sulky Bats and Reprehensible Lizards are worth picking up for their Opportunity Cards. Pets with stats can have useful cards, but they’re mainly just equipment much like Weapons or Hats. Warning - do not purchase both a Midnight Matriarch and the Scuttering Squad. It will unlock a menace card with no positive outcome that can’t be discarded.

Oh, that’s kind of you to say - happy to help! Pets are one of the biggest item categories in the game - you’re bound to pick some more up as you go. Weasels can be used in weasel-fighting competitions, which appear occasionally in cards and storylets around the city. The Dazed Raven Advisor starts out as a basic Watchful pet, but it can be upgraded through its own card into one of the best Watchful or Shadowy pets in the game by feeding it certain items. And, as Sara says, some pets have cards that will only appear if you have two of them together - the Alluring Accomplice and the Ruthless Henchman are another example.

(By the way, if you’re considering Fate/Nex-locked storylines, and you haven’t already bought it, the Trade in Souls is well worth it - it has content all through the game.)

[quote=Sir Frederick Tanah-Chook]Oh, that’s kind of you to say - happy to help! Pets are one of the biggest item categories in the game - you’re bound to pick some more up as you go. Weasels can be used in weasel-fighting competitions, which appear occasionally in cards and storylets around the city. The Dazed Raven Advisor starts out as a basic Watchful pet, but it can be upgraded through its own card into one of the best Watchful or Shadowy pets in the game by feeding it certain items. And, as Sara says, some pets have cards that will only appear if you have two of them together - the Alluring Accomplice and the Ruthless Henchman are another example.

(By the way, if you’re considering Fate/Nex-locked storylines, and you haven’t already bought it, the Trade in Souls is well worth it - it has content all through the game.)[/quote]

[li]
I’ve already gotten Trade in Souls and chose to be a Spirifer. Since then, I’ve see the occasional card that look like it might have been unlocked by it. Now if only I knew. Source of souls.

At Watchful 53+, you can track down Spirifers in Ladybones for 28 souls an action. Expedoiitions in the FOrgotten Quarters can sometimes result in 500 Souls plus other goodies, and Robbing the Brass Embassy in the Flit nets 500 souls amongst the other goodies as well. I’m sure that there are other options, but those are the ones I recall off the top of my head.

Also, one of hte Relickers has an option on his card that unlocks if you’ve a Spirifer’s Fork to gain Mourning Candles.

Get a winsome orphan. His card gives free laudanum!

[quote=Mordaine Barimen]At Watchful 53+, you can track down Spirifers in Ladybones for 28 souls an action. Expedoiitions in the FOrgotten Quarters can sometimes result in 500 Souls plus other goodies, and Robbing the Brass Embassy in the Flit nets 500 souls amongst the other goodies as well. I’m sure that there are other options, but those are the ones I recall off the top of my head.

Also, one of hte Relickers has an option on his card that unlocks if you’ve a Spirifer’s Fork to gain Mourning Candles.[/quote]

[li]
I have simply not been able to figure out how to initiate these expediditions. How do you do it.?

Hey! My paycheck FINALLY hit my account. At almost 6AM… My last job had direct deposits at about 12:01 AM. 6AM. Ridiculous. Now I can finally grab some Nex and play around with Nex content some more! YAY! Fear not long lost daughter, Emperor Xenu is on the case!

[quote=EmperorXenu]
I have simply not been able to figure out how to initiate these expediditions. How do you do it.?[/quote]

Unlock the forgotten quarter from your lodgings, and raise your watchful to 60+ (i think). Oh, and since you have soul trade now, wait for the capering relicker to give you mourning candles. Collect 25 of them and viola, Patient Scrutinizer!