A Letter from Silas the Showman

So…a few minutes ago, I received a message from Silas the Showman with a business offer of sorts, and I am slightly confused by it. Is it supposed to open up a story or is it just another wine-drenched whim of the fellow?

I got that, too. The message said it was a “joke account neither run nor endorsed by Failbetter Games”.

I received one as well. I would have to assume that someone just made a Silas account to have fun, given the disclaimer.

I strongly suspect it might have to change its name so that it’s clearly not FailBetter - as if the person fails to put that disclaimer, it could lead to issues …

Well the joke was hilarious. So I hope he does not get in trouble)

[li]
http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/profile/CrudeImpostor_Mr%20Wines

It seems likely that Failbetter will do that for him, once they discover it. That account was renamed very quickly after it was created–we don’t recall the exact amount of time it took, but it was less than a day for certain.

Silas gave me no way to forward his boat supplies to him. How am I supposed to earn my large amounts of Nevercold Brass Silver and non-liquid bottled products now?

To be fair, I did broadcast that I made that account to see what would happen. Also, if you are truly interested ins Silas’s deal, try writing him a letter.

Aw, I am so sorry! I hope I did not spoil the fun.

Oh no, don’t worry. The Mr Wines thing happened during halloween, when I was testing to see if you could make fake Masters accounts. It turns out you can, but its painfully obvious when its not a real one (the real ones have unique characteristics, like Mr Iron’s heart of the bazaar lodging) and the devs will probably change your account name, as they did for poor old fake mr wines.

The letter from Silas made me laugh :D I thought it was a fun idea - and clear from the disclaimer that it’s not official!

he’s a popssible guest of my salon! How do I get his acquaintance?

Do we now have any idea as to how these messages are sent? Just people of his acquaintance? Completely randomly? Other?

Look at when this thread was made :P.

From the thread it’s explicitly clear the messages were a joke from a an RPer.

And yes, Silas can be met through the Advent Calendar.

Look at when this thread was made :P.[/quote]

That would only heighten my expectations in terms of patterns and such. They’ve had quite a bit of time to actually find out on what basis the messages were sent.

Find the account, drown it in rats. This is what we do now, don’t we? :)

[color=rgb(194, 194, 194)]From the thread it’s explicitly clear the messages were a joke from a an RPer.[/color]

[color=rgb(194, 194, 194)]And yes, Silas can be met through the Advent Calendar.[/color]
[color=rgb(194, 194, 194)]
[/color]
[color=#c2c2c2]>>Understood, but I’ve haunted the Advent Calendars religiously, and haven’t seen this. Does anyone know where else one might make Silas’ Acquaintance?[/color]

[quote=Jeff Crowl][color=rgb(194, 194, 194)]From the thread it’s explicitly clear the messages were a joke from a an RPer.[/color]

[color=rgb(194, 194, 194)]And yes, Silas can be met through the Advent Calendar.[/color]
[color=rgb(194, 194, 194)]
[/color]
[color=#c2c2c2]>>Understood, but I’ve haunted the Advent Calendars religiously, and haven’t seen this. Does anyone know where else one might make Silas’ Acquaintance?[/color][/quote]

From one of the days of mr sacks, the mr. Sacksish one.

Yep, I misspoke. Wrong Christmas event.