A Larcenous Proposition

You sit in one of your favorite drinking establishment, partaking of one of your favorite beverages, experience one of your least favorite emotions: Boredom. It has been a good while since your criminal talents have been exercised to their fullest potential. But what can you do? Nobody has planned any capers more exciting than than burgling a chandler’s workshop. So here you sit, and sip, and sigh, and wait patiently for a job more suited to your caliber. Fortunately, you do not long to wait. An Ambitious Favor-Monger sits at your table and grins widely. “I’ve been looking for you,” he says, and checks to see if you are being watched. “I hear you are waiting for proper employment of your not-inconsiderable talents.”

You aren’t impressed. The last potential employer to compliment your skill needed you to pilfer a letter from a rookery.

The Ambitious Favor-Monger once again scans the room and continues. “Coins. Specifically, First-City coins. I have heard that some can be found in the Museum of Mistakes. Get them for me, and you can help yourself to whatever catches your eye while you’re in there.” He slides a notebook across the table toward you. “This is all I could find about the Museum with the resources available to me. You will have to fill in the gaps.”

Just What You Needed!

Of course you’ll do it! If not for professional pride, then for the treasure that is sure to wait within the walls of the museum
You need shadowy above 70 to have a decent chance of succeeding.
[GO]

Betray the Trusting Simpleton!

He’s done almost half the work! And without even offering to pay you for your time. You’ll help yourself to the loot, of course, but you don’t see why you should bother with fulfilling his request.

[Locked] {You need Heartless at 9001}

[Perhaps Later]

Working on my Heart’s Desire Ambition. find me on facebook here: Redirecting...
edited by Lucas Undercreed on 4/13/2012

(You may find what you are looking for over here ) (Always willing to help out, if you still need it! Contact information is in my signature.)

Glancing around, Maurna pulls the notebook slightly closer before rising from her seat. Standing, she sets her bag on the table, fishing out coins for the barkeep. Placing the coins on the table she gives you a quirky grin and a nod before scooping up her bag and making her way from the establishment. Of the notebook, there is no sign.

~MF
A Lady with a sleight hand

I’d add you in a second, and i tried, but your facebook link doesn’t work…

All better now! (Apparently you have to put a space between a link and html code in your sigs /facepalm)

~MF

sent you a friend request in FB. looking forward to your acceptance ^v^

I don’t understand. you’ve accepted my request, but you don’t appear in any of the lists? do I need to do anything else to send you the mission?

Log out of Fallen London, then log back in. That should clear up the problem.
edited by Patrick Reding on 4/15/2012

Ah. worked like a charm. thanks, patrick

Any time. :)

I thank you for the service, Ms. Frost, and i would like to inquire if i may trouble you to do it a second time?

An urchin scurries over to your table and hands you an envelope with one grubby hand while picking her nose with the other. ‘Lucas Undercreed, coin collecter’ is written on it in elegant copperplate.

Opening it, you see a single word. @colinsapherson. Something about it suggests an offer of help, though how so much meaning could be imparted in so few letters you are unsure. Pondering, you put the envelope away, to think on later, and return to your drink.

“Ahem!” The urchin is still standing beside you, her hand outstretched and clearly expecting a tip of some kind. You hope it is the letter hand.

I had to start a twitter account, but i sent you the mission. thanks!

and that is that. i thank you both for your help, and i hope i can return the favor one day

Bother Sir! I did miss your card while gadding about. If you are still in need, do drop me a line. Otherwise, I wish you well on your ventures!

~MF