A kindness of ravens

Recently I acquired a Dazed Raven adviser on a whim, however I soon discovered that he can be enhanced via opportunity card. However the card in question provides two different options for raising the bird; one a watchful/persuasive route, the other a mostly shadowy affair. My question is, Stat boosts aside, are there any benefits for choosing one path over the other? Is one more profitable/better considering the items needed to raise the bird?

(Note: I already have a plethora of pets for shadowy, persuasive, and watchful-so I am mostly looking for secondary effects)

[quote=Koenig]Recently I acquired a Dazed Raven adviser on a whim, however I soon discovered that he can be enhanced via opportunity card. However the card in question provides two different options for raising the bird; one a watchful/persuasive route, the other a mostly shadowy affair. My question is, Stat boosts aside, are there any benefits for choosing one path over the other? Is one more profitable/better considering the items needed to raise the bird?

(Note: I already have a plethora of pets for shadowy, persuasive, and watchful-so I am mostly looking for secondary effects)[/quote]
There are, if the wiki is to be believed, no benefits for acquiring either of it’s evolution lines aside from the stat boosts. so if you don’t want it for that, you don’t want it for anything aside from collection.

Yeah, unfortunately there aren’t any benefits to having the birds. I got both of them back when the Devious Raven Advisor was the best Shadowy pet in the game, and I didn’t have an Overgoat at the time so the Mystic Raven Advisor was pretty nice. Now they’re both outclassed by the Scuttering Squad, but 1 point doesn’t justify 500 echoes so I’m sticking with my raven and tigress.

In all, how much does it cost to finish the shadowy raven path? And how much does the raven then provide? I ask, as Shaddowy is currently my weakest pet element other than dangerous.

it offers +7 shadowy (and +2 watchful, but is only relavant). at the most, its cost is a bit more than 200 echoes, going by sale prices, generally. 2 blackmail material, 2 diaries of the dead (best either aquired in nadir, or bought at 62.5 echoes each), 1 comprehensive bribe, two bazaar permits- this is all you’ll need to complete the chain. on the other hand, these are all out-of-the-way goods that are hard to acquire, so it may not be worth the hassle unless they fall into your lap- especially the comprehensive bribe- before POSI, as far as i am aware, the only route is on fidgeting writer, and it’s right near the end. on the other hand, that might be useful to those seeking the mystic raven as well, and it gives some other trinkets of value.
edited by Grenem on 3/6/2015

I already have several compreshensive bribes since I had the fortune of choosing writer as my profession. Where can I buy diaries of the dead though? So far I have only been able to make them in the Bazaar Side streets.

You can buy them from the Bazaar in the Crawcase Cryptics store. They’re 62.50 echoes each.