A Headful of Picaresque Tales

It’s a unique image - you’ll most likely notice it. As streetfelineblue said, it’s a silhouette of a gentleman in a top hat with stones orbiting said hat, in a purplish-blue background.

I finally got this card and have A Headful of Picaresque Tales. So happy!

A very beautiful one, I might add

Indeed it is a beautiful card but I am not selling the unique item just so I can see it again.

The image in question (iounstones.png):[li]

Oh bother. I’m a collector of things, particularly the unique items (see mantlepiece :p) and I really want the stone! …but I really want to keep the tales, too. sigh I wish there was a way to have both, but I suppose that’s the point.
Oh well. I’ll hold on to the tales, the chances of seeing the card again are too low to risk selling an item I’ll never see again.

I just got the card! I seem to draw a handful of rarities lately.

So that’s where the Headful of Picaresque Tales comes from! I remembered the Vance tribute card – I thought it was terribly sweet when I got it. I had completely forgotten that was where the Tales came from though. (I’d somehow thought they were from Hunter’s Keep)

Oh bother. I’m a collector of things, particularly the unique items (see mantlepiece :p) and I really want the stone! …but I really want to keep the tales, too. sigh I wish there was a way to have both, but I suppose that’s the point.
Oh well. I’ll hold on to the tales, the chances of seeing the card again are too low to risk selling an item I’ll never see again.[/quote]
If you plan on getting a heptagoat or cider, well, you’ll certainly see it again before you’ve got either. I believe i’ve drawn it at least 5 times, probably closer to two dozen.

I sell the stone/tales each time I draw it. I once got it twice in one day (back when I ran an aggressively thin deck, hunting the Passion destiny.)
It would be nice if you could draw the card again while you already have the item, I can’t turn down a profit like that, but I’d love to keep at least the headful of tales…

You could always &quotkeep&quot it by always choosing that option whenever you draw it. Personally, I found the card an excellent source of echoes in the early game. I kept seeming to draw it again not too terribly long after selling the previous reward.

EDIT: Reading this thread just reminded me that I hadn’t seen the card for a while, so I went to the bazaar and sold off the blue and shining stone.
edited by Chiltern on 7/19/2016