A guide to raising connections

How far have you gone in pursuit of this foolishness? Do people hurry past you in the streets and say your name when telling cautionary tales to children? If not, it won’t be available to you yet.

I can be more specific, but not in public. I would not wish to be suspected of inciting immorality.

Is there any way of raising Summerset while barred from the University without purchasing the Connection item?

There’s two ways, but you might be barred from both.

1. Empress’ Court allows you to write a Tale of the Future. This will raise both University connections.

2. If you are aligned with Constables, Society, or the Church you can find a decent home for your Mark of Credit to increase both University connections.

I am barred from both, sadly. Thanks anyway! Guess I can afford 100 Echoes from the Overgoat fund to buy the fellowship and set up my Salon.[li]
edited by Cocytus on 11/14/2013

Oh, but you need a point of Summerset to use that. Sorry, meant to mention that! Then I recalled two ways it’s possible and forgot to write that point down.
edited by Sara Hysaro on 11/14/2013

Oh, blast. I have Benthic 7 but no Summerset. Looks like I’m off to zee. Thanks for the tip, I would have been very upset to waste those 100 Echoes!

It can be a bit of a grind and costs 1 Bottle of Greyfields 1882 – but Chat to a Tipsy Spy at The Singing Mandrake in Veilgarden will increase Connected to the Great Game.