A Guide to Lacre?

Excuse me, I’ve been at 2+3 and with today’s code I’ve reached 6 (something that I didn’t need at all so soon!)
Should I just wait and hope for Christmas miracles or do I have to abuse my one and only dreadful surmise?
edited by Uruloki on 12/14/2014

You’re probably better off not feeding any lacre to boars; you’ll get some Taste from some of the Sackses, and you can use some of the lower-priced Taste of Lacre options to get back into monocle range if needs be when the Wicket opens.

I used the boar to get rid of all my leftover buckets of snow before they melted, so it’s good for that at least.

[quote=Uruloki]… abuse my one and only dreadful surmise?[/quote]Just in case you didn’t know: the Dreadful Surmise is not consumed, so it doesn’t matter that you only have one.

One has to wonder, if starting with the price high, will cause the urchins to not sell out this year, there might be a price decrease latter.

Lets face it, not everybody has nightwhispers.

[quote=Ben ]One has to wonder, if starting with the price high, will cause the urchins to not sell out this year, there might be a price decrease latter.

Lets face it, not everybody has nightwhispers.[/quote]

I doubt it.

It’s not too hard to get one though.

Anyone knows if the pails melt before or after the Wicket opens?

Use it by mid-january, it says. I’d expect the wicket to open before then. Didn’t it open on the 6th of January last time or so?

[quote=Ziebell]Anyone knows if the pails melt before or after the Wicket opens?[/quote]Last year we got the warning that they’d melt in February, after the wicket had been open for weeks. But if they melt before the wicket opens it would certainly be one way to make a very high level of Taste of Lacre be much more desirable than it is now.

Say I wanted to upgrade my Premises at the Bazaar to a Spire as well as my Reservation at the Royal Bethlehem to a Suite using the wicket.

I currently have 8 PTPTL. Assuming it costs 9 PTPTL for each upgrade, should I try to get it to 18 now? Or should I get it to 9 and then stock up on pails that I can study with my monocle later to get PTPTL back up to 9?

[quote=Ginneon Thursday]Say I wanted to upgrade my Premises at the Bazaar to a Spire as well as my Reservation at the Royal Bethlehem to a Suite using the wicket.

I currently have 8 PTPTL. Assuming it costs 9 PTPTL for each upgrade, should I try to get it to 18 now? Or should I get it to 9 and then stock up on pails that I can study with my monocle later to get PTPTL back up to 9?[/quote]

Spire was 9, the Royal Bethlehem suite was only 7:
http://fallenlondon.wikia.com/wiki/The_Way_to_an_Eyrie

Assuming it doesn’t change. And I have no idea how you’d get to even 16 without an insane amount of luck - I would go with stocking up the pails.

And I don’t think there’s any quantifiable benefit to having more than one 5-card lodging (it’s worth getting all the 4-card ones though), unless of course you just like having them:)

Just a note - if you want to raise your Taste of Lacre quality using the Boar option you absolutely want to use the Second Chance trick. Check the box, hit perhaps not if you fail. You’ll use the second chance item and the action, but you won’t lose any buckets of snow. Two of my accounts are currently sitting at 17 Taste of Lacre because I had a lot of snow leftover last year, and this trick ensured I didn’t waste any of it.

I stand corrected. Why the hell did I sell my dreadful surmise? 312 Echoes seemed like such a lot last February…don’t suppose there’s any other way to pick one up?

Not at the moment, but I’m hoping that the advent calender will provide a source of one like it did last year.

Also, Mr. Sacks should provide uncapped PTPT for you, so you won’t have to worry quite so much about getting to 9. Patience and all that.

There is also the alternative to use tears of the Bazaar, if you have any. Save that for emergencies, though…

The pails sure are expensive this year, good thing its snowing generously.

I face a dilemma. I currently have 7 PTPT - enough for my Wink from the Manager of the Royal Bethelehem (assuming it is not more expensive this year…)

I am trying to decide if I should use today’s Advent Calendar gift to get more PTPT (To get the Shell or the Temple, and/or to ensure access to the Wicket) or whether to spend some Fate on the Masters option.

Any thoughts?

If I recall correctly the Masters option caps at 6, so that won’t bring your Lacre quality up higher. You’ll be getting free points anyways as you play through the Mr Sacks storyline, so I don’t see the harm in using today’s access code now.

Could someone check the selling price of a Semiotic Monocle at the Bazaar for me. The two main wiki’s list different prices, or more accurately one lists a sell price thats only 35 echos less than the buying price of 350, and one does not list a sell price at all. I was considering buying one to get the most out of my snow pails, but 350 echos is pretty steep so I figured I might sell it back after the holidays. But now i’m wondering if that’s even an option.