A Glossary for the Forums

An excellent reference. Thankyou! :)

Might be worth adding “Nex” to the list, at least for a while. It’s been phased out of the game, but I doubt many people are going to go back and edit it out of their posts.

BDR = Bizarre/Dreaded/Respectable
K&C = Knife and Candle

Added.

EF = Exceptional Friend(ship), providing access to House of Chimes, 20 extra maximum actions, expanded opportunity card deck of 10, one exceptional story each month

Could you add BoHB and LoN? I have no idea what these mean, and don’t want to risk spoilers by saying where I found them, but they were presented as if we should know what they are ^_^

BoHB - Book of Hidden Bodies
LoN - Liberation of the Night

I think I know where you saw them and that is one place where abbreviations are very useful

[quote=lady ciel ]BoHB - Book of Hidden Bodies
LoN - Liberation of the Night
[/quote]

Much thanks!

And yes, it’s very likely you know exactly where found those, given how currently-relevant it is :D As nifty as such a thing is, I think you’ve just helped me make my decision, too.

edited by lostdrewid on 7/8/2015
edited by lostdrewid on 7/8/2015

Don’t forget the useful FiHP - Favours in High Places

Updated.

ES: Exceptional Stories
FL: Fallen London
IRC: The FL internet relay chat
IU: Identities Uncovered
Cecil: Cecil
SFiG: often abbreviated just ‘SFiG’ as opposed to ‘USFiG’
SotC: often abbreviated with the lower case
SS: Sunless Sea
ToL: Taste of Lacre
WoW: War of Assassins

Also, would it be too much to ask for you to update your posts so that the formatting is consistent?

For example you’ve got these formats all right next to each other:
AOTB -
EF =
Grind:

One occasionally sees “farm” instead of “grind” when referring to gaining resources. Very typical in some venues, it might be puzzling to a newbie.

– Mal

Updated, with a few exceptions.

Can’t say I’ve encountered ‘Cecil’ as a key term.

WoW? Or WoA?

[quote=Cecil]
Also, would it be too much to ask for you to update your posts so that the formatting is consistent?

AOTB -
EF =
Grind:[/quote]
Ah, the pointless nit-pick. I suppose it is to be expected as forums get bigger.

This is an artefact of different alphabet posts getting updated/started at different times. That said, &quot=&quot means &quotthis is what an acronym stands for&quot. Most of the XXX = Xyz Xyz Xyz entries then have colons and definitions.

As much as I dislike the way you’ve asked, I have gone through and standardised the formatting. Be politer in future.

edited by dragonridingsorceress on 1/15/2016

[quote=dragonridingsorceress]Updated, with a few exceptions.

Can’t say I’ve encountered ‘Cecil’ as a key term.

WoW? Or WoA?

[quote=Cecil]

AOTB -
EF =
Grind:[/quote]
Ah, the pointless nit-pick. I suppose it is to be expected as forums get bigger.

This is an artefact of different alphabet posts getting updated/started at different times. That said, &quot=&quot means &quotthis is what an acronym stands for&quot. Most of the XXX = Xyz Xyz Xyz entries then have colons and definitions.

As much as I dislike the way you’ve asked, I have gone through and standardised the formatting. Be politer in future.

edited by dragonridingsorceress on 1/15/2016[/quote]

For what its worth, i dont think he was sarcastic. Maybe he was actually trying to be polite :D

You haven’t? It’s at the top of every page for me. (I jest, I jest, that’s not actually my IGN)

Oops, I meant WoA

[quote=ganjalf91][quote=dragonridingsorceress]Ah, the pointless nit-pick. I suppose it is to be expected as forums get bigger.

As much as I dislike the way you’ve asked, I have gone through and standardised the formatting. Be politer in future.[/quote]
For what its worth, i dont think he was sarcastic. Maybe he was actually trying to be polite :D[/quote]
I was indeed trying to be polite, apologies. Which is why I phrased it &quotwould it be too much to ask&quot, I meant that as a literal question not rhetorical passive aggressiveness.

I didn’t even realise you were using different punctuation marks to convey different things, so apologies for the nit-pick if you still percieve one.

((Also for the future, I use gender neutral pronouns please!))

This is so helpful. Thanks for compiling it. I’ve also seen CoC (Collection of Curiosities).

[quote=Cecil ][quote=ganjalf91][quote=dragonridingsorceress]Ah, the pointless nit-pick. I suppose it is to be expected as forums get bigger.

As much as I dislike the way you’ve asked, I have gone through and standardised the formatting. Be politer in future.[/quote]
For what its worth, i dont think he was sarcastic. Maybe he was actually trying to be polite :D[/quote]
I was indeed trying to be polite, apologies. Which is why I phrased it &quotwould it be too much to ask&quot, I meant that as a literal question not rhetorical passive aggressiveness.

I didn’t even realise you were using different punctuation marks to convey different things, so apologies for the nit-pick if you still percieve one.

((Also for the future, I use gender neutral pronouns please!))

I’ll have to put it down to tone not being conveyed well in text.

Glossary is up to date.

BiS = Best in Slot

Does this refer to equipable items?

Yep!