A game of D&D, 5th Edition

Basically required to play as the healer because no one else will, and I want to figure out how to subtly incorporate FL elements into my character without coming off as annoying.

Any ideas are welcome as I have none of my own that seem to work for this role.

Worship the sun or a deity believed to be or represented by the sun, fear or disdain the dark and anything one can consider unnatural such as aberrations and abominations.

Why not incorporate a distinctly rubbery
approach into your healing work? Do not so much tend to wounds, but instead graft the flesh and such… (*) to that extent you could probably (depending on campaign setting) choose an appropriatly lovecraftian deity - Tharizdun/The Lost God f.e. springs to my mind immediately. Or… And… There are too many possibilities. You could also transfer some revolutionary/new-sequencers ideals by having your healer secretly working to overthrow some cosmic balance stuff, etc, etc.

Without knowing anything about your Campaign setting, there theoretically is an endless plethora of possibilities, none of which any of us could make a practicality check with. I would advise to just “create” that healer as a (virtual) FL char, and then sort of “port it” into your setting. That presumably will turn out neathy enough for everything then.

(*) Material component for Cure Light Wounds: a dead herring. Or comparable amount of dead organic matter. Plus either fungi or snails. I’ll leave the actual casting process up to your imagination. See where I’m going with this? :)

[quote=Reshemin]Why not incorporate a distinctly rubbery
approach into your healing work? Do not so much tend to wounds, but instead graft the flesh and such… (*) to that extent you could probably (depending on campaign setting) choose an appropriatly lovecraftian deity - Tharizdun/The Lost God f.e. springs to my mind immediately. Or… And… There are too many possibilities. You could also transfer some revolutionary/new-sequencers ideals by having your healer secretly working to overthrow some cosmic balance stuff, etc, etc.

Without knowing anything about your Campaign setting, there theoretically is an endless plethora of possibilities, none of which any of us could make a practicality check with. I would advise to just &quotcreate&quot that healer as a (virtual) FL char, and then sort of &quotport it&quot into your setting. That presumably will turn out neathy enough for everything then.

(*) Material component for Cure Light Wounds: a dead herring. Or comparable amount of dead organic matter. Plus either fungi or snails. I’ll leave the actual casting process up to your imagination. See where I’m going with this? :)[/quote]

Yes, I think I can make that work.
Thanks for the idea.

Use laudanum.

When given a choice, always go NORTH. Collect love stories. Have nightmares. Be afraid of mirrors. Listen at wells. Have a pet weasel. Be interested in secrets. Occasionally refer to Stone Pigs. Be concerned about moving up the Great Chain.

Unlike laudanum or flesh-grafting, shoving in FL quirks wholesale might be a tad too blunt to make for good RPing. But yes, some sort of ambition about cosmic order / the Great Chain might work.

Or a stubborn insistence that mindflayers / squidly people are just cute, oppressed innocents.
edited by Estelle Knoht on 10/7/2016

Well yes, don’t do ALL of these, of course!

Unlike laudanum or flesh-grafting, shoving in FL quirks wholesale might be a tad too blunt to make for good RPing. But yes, some sort of ambition about cosmic order / the Great Chain might work.

Or a stubborn insistence that mindflayers / squidly people are just cute, oppressed innocents.
edited by Estelle Knoht on 10/7/2016[/quote]

[li]

I’m shocked to not see Sapho standing up for mindflayers … I mean, Rubberies.

Talk to cats. Inquire after Rubbery Lumps. Collect amber. Acquire a truly extensive and bizarre wardrobe.

Speak with a distinct Victorian British dialect but a slight hint at a German accent (random replacement of “s” with “z”, “d” with “t”, etc.)

Insist devils “aren’t so bad once you’ve gotten to know them a bit.”

Be ABSOLUTELY BL__DY TERRIFIED of sun worshipers.

Insist on rolling a fear check when introduced to any character referred to as “Mr. [Name]”.