A few more

1. What’s the code to insert in a storylet’s Description field if I want to break the text into paragraphs? If I just type it with Enter it shows as a wall of text. And the code for italics?

2. Any way to change the font?

3. How do I reset my player? I’ve clicked on &quotGodlike powers,&quot Play this world, acquired a quality, now I want to start a new character.

4. How do I give qualities at the beginning of the game, before the first card is drawn? At the same time that the player is going to get Stranger?

Use basic html. Either paragraph breaks (<p> at the beginning of a paragraph and </p> after) or <br/> after, but not both.
Italics: <i> before what you want in italics, </i> after.

Not sure. I’ve never tried with mine - but if you’re not familiar with the html from Q1), I’d not bother trying for now. There are risks with changing fonts on things displayed on the web (e.g. if you use something the viewer’s computer doesn’t have).

I created a kill character always storylet with the exotic effect of character death. Think this is the easiest way.

[quote=Von Prabik]4) How do I give qualities at the beginning of the game, before the first card is drawn? At the same time that the player is going to get Stranger?[/quote] You don’t. But you can give a load of qualities on the first ‘intro’ card.

(All the above from memory from my world, not from anything official!) I take it you’ve checked this out: StoryNexus Reference Guide - Google Docs

I don’t have an into card, though. I mean, I wouldn’t mind doing it this way, but I don’t know how to make a storylet fire automatically at the start. For now I just have a deck with a bunch of cards, and they define all qualities.
edited by Von Prabik on 7/16/2015

I don’t have an into card, though. I mean, I wouldn’t mind doing it this way, but I don’t know how to make a storylet fire automatically at the start. For now I just have a deck with a bunch of cards, and they define all qualities.
edited by Von Prabik on 7/16/2015[/quote]

You could create a starting area with just that one card that then moves you to the area with the deck cards in.
Or you could use a must card that requires the stranger quality, takes it away, and all the other cards have a stranger quality of requirement, so won’t be available till you lose it? {Example qualities/from memory only.} <– I think I’d favour this option, others may have better suggestions.

A must card? How do I do that?

The first option would look weird… Anything with just one card lying there that you have to pick is weird. How about a simple before-anything intro screen?

[quote=Von Prabik]A must card? How do I do that?

The first option would look weird… Anything with just one card lying there that you have to pick is weird. How about a simple before-anything intro screen?[/quote]

Must: Look at Urgency here: StoryNexus Reference Guide - Google Docs - have a play around, it’s easier to see it than have explained.
&quotUrgency can be set to Normal, High, Low and Must for a storylet.&quot ← Ctrl-F for that.

Have a play of other StoryNexus games - see how they do it. If there’s one that you like the start to, work out/ask how they did it. :-)

Right. That’s good advice. I have looked at the docs, but haven’t figured it out yet.