A feedback forum? Do we need one?

First, I don’t want to make this thread in The Bazaar, but I feel I have no other choice and the use of this subforum as means of feedback has been endorsed by FBG (as can be seen in the spoiler below).

[quote=Cecil ]I really think we need a feedback forum.

Saying things in here feels like speaking into the void and is too disorganised to see if something has been suggested before or not.
Point and case, I have no idea if this topic has ever been brought up here before.

Further more, it’d be easier to see the issues that the community feels more strongly about as well as the community to brain storm possible solutions.[/quote]For reference, it’s been since 9 months since a FBG employee last said something on the feedback thread.

To be concise, these are the reasons why we need a feedback forum:

[ul][li]Current thread is disorganised[/li][li]Current thread lacks FBG responses regarding Fallen London[/li][li]Easier for FBG to reply to specific issues[/li][li]Easier for us the community to tell FBG what we want and don’t like[/li][li]Good suggestions in the Feedback thread get lost[/li][li]Can’t identify previous addressed issues[/li][/ul]The FBG posts in the feedback forum consist of:
Start of thread - 2/17/2014
Feedback clarification - 2/18/2014
Mobile app & Jitbit - 3/5/2014
Mobile app - 7/7/2014
Servers down - 11/11/2014
Jitbit - 6/23/2015

[quote=Flyte][quote=mr_teem]I don’t think it’s entirely clear which forum here would be best for suggestions. &quotThe Bazaar,&quot it seems to me, is a forum for the game as it is, not as one would like it to be.[/quote][color=rgb(194, 178, 128)]Feedback on specific aspects of the game is an entirely reasonable (and indeed, habitual) use of the Bazaar subforum. If it’s a small suggestion as you say it is, though, it’s probably better suited to a feedback email[/color][/quote]

This is thread to discuss the need of a feedback forum, not to discuss FBG.

There have been FBG responses to feedback, just not in the Feedback thread.
(see: FBG is addressing player concerns everywhere except the Feedback thread)

Please don’t leave posts saying &quotjust send an email to feedback@failbettergames.com&quot, they won’t be constructive
edited by Cecil on 3/19/2016

feedback@failbettergames.com

[quote=CALLNXW]feedback@failbettergames.com[/quote]Well, I’ll admit you didn’t post what I asked people not to.
(for reference, so CALLNXW doesn’t get downvoted more, this was a joke from the IRC)
edited by Cecil on 3/19/2016

Sounds fair. What should we call it? The Ballot Box?

Or &quotAn Enthusiastic Urchin&quot?

[quote=fallingkitten][quote=Morkan Kassington]Sounds fair. What should we call it? The Ballot Box?[/quote]Or &quotAn Enthusiastic Urchin&quot?[/quote]Well, I for one like that.

&quotThe Square of Lofty Words&quot?

I mean, a forum literally called An Enthusiastic Urchin sounds wrong, even if you try to argue it’s like a pub. Especially if you argue it’s like a pub.

Until such a forum is made, perhaps we could [feedback] or [suggestion] in the title of our posts? That might make it easier to find them.

[quote=Estelle Knoht]&quotThe Square of Lofty Words&quot?

I mean, a forum literally called An Enthusiastic Urchin sounds wrong, even if you try to argue it’s like a pub. Especially if you argue it’s like a pub.[/quote]

Why not? In Fallen London, the children frequently engage in thief and murder. Surely underage drinking isn’t too horrendous as an addition :cheers:

+1

I think a name like “Feedback” or “Suggestion Box” would be best if we want people who have never posted before to be able to find and use it.

We already have &quotParabola&quot forum, might as well start &quotRoyal Bethlehem&quot. To have a word with the manager, you know.
edited by Talkes on 3/19/2016

[quote=Morkan Kassington]
Why not? In Fallen London, the children frequently engage in thief and murder. Surely underage drinking isn’t too horrendous as an addition :cheers:[/quote]

Yes, but you should think the other way and try getting rid of vices one step at a time!

(Also because Enthusiastic Urchin’s really specific. What if FBG isn’t feeling Enthusiastic on these rainy days?)

I suggest, that any names we come up with, we vote for by way of thumbs up/down.

My favourites so far:
Royal Beth/Word with the Manager - Talkes
An Enthusiastic Urchin - fallingkitten

The subforums have, so far, followed the place convention, and, therefore, I think &quotAn Enthusiastic Urchin&quot would seem… unusual. One does not usually get to chat with others inside a living being. Neither it would make sense to talk inside a suggestion box(unless we are all heartless spilifers and criminals, hiding from the law).
Because of that, I approve of:

• The Square of Lofty Words
  • The Royal Bethlehem
    edited by Vavakx Nonexus on 3/22/2016

30 to 1 (so far) is a rather resounding answer from the community, if I say so myself.

[quote=Cecil ]
Please don’t leave posts saying &quotjust send an email to feedback@failbettergames.com&quot, they won’t be constructive
edited by Cecil on 3/19/2016[/quote]
[color=#009900]Please do send emails to feedback@failbettergames.com! We read everything, and it all goes into the Feedback Machine. We often don’t change things, and if we do, we often don’t straight away, but we listen.[/color]

[color=rgb(0, 153, 0)]We also find the feedback thread[/color][color=rgb(0, 153, 0)] [/color]really [color=rgb(0, 153, 0)]useful. Once again, we read everything. We don’t usually comment publicly in there because it’s so effective as a way to see what players think of each other’ suggestions, and if coloured text appears in there then it tends to skew responses. We’ll think about showing our faces more often with neutrally phrased responses, just to reassure you that we are, in fact, listening. We understand that it isn’t always obvious from the outside.[/color]

[color=rgb(0, 153, 0)]We’ve talked about it as a team, and at the moment we’re not going to make a Feedback subforum. happy with emails for feedback that people want to be private, and a thread for feedback they want to be public. We’re thinking about whether we want to reorganise the process, especially with the mobile version of Fallen London coming. Whatever solution we use has to take into account the whole community, including a flood of newcomers and Internet randos, and it has to scale. The forums here have always been a welcome haven of sanity, and we thank you all for that. We think carefully before tipping the balance.[/color]
[color=rgb(0, 153, 0)]
[/color]

[color=rgb(0, 153, 0)]Cecil: you’ve obviously raised a topic people care about, but you’re going about it in an inappropriate way. Combing through threads tracking and logging Failbetter responses, and quoting us out of context, is weird and aggressive. We value your enthusiasm, and we appreciate your contribution to the community, but we’ve worked hard to keep this place polite, and we’ve warned you before about being incivil, here and on support emails. Please take a week’s break from the forum, and chill out on your return.[/color]

[color=rgb(0, 153, 0)]
[/color]