A Comprehensive Election 1898 Survey, Week 1

Take part in our Comprehensive Election 1898 Survey! Declare for a candidate or express your neutrality, and learn where your fellow Londoners stand. This survey should take around 2-5 minutes to complete. Only the first four questions are required – the rest are highly encouraged. This survey will be open until July 20, and your response will be anonymous.

This is our third year of running election surveys, with 300+ responses each year from Fallen London’s forum, Reddit, and Discord communities, among others. We’ve accurately predicted the winner for two years running – though this year’s competitive field may put an end to that. You can find results from last year and two years ago here.

This year, the survey has been streamlined with a more user-friendly layout, and we’re trying something new by running two surveys, one per week. We hope to capture a dynamic field, where we can observe how new information affects (or doesn’t affect) support for each candidate.

If you want to look at the preliminary results, just click here. Bear in mind that this is only the first week; we’re operating off of very limited information and discussion.

OTHATAROOTH!

I’m officially a non-voter this year, across all accounts.

Thanks for crafting the Survey! Even as early as it is, it shows some useful information.

F.F. Gebrandt is as it stands the least terrible candidates (pro tip if you wish to have a high opinion of candidates don’t pick fixer. It just makes you hate all of them.)

[quote=Bringleby]pro tip if you wish to have a high opinion of candidates don’t pick fixer. It just makes you hate all of them.[/quote]What do you mean? I wasn’t aware your election job in any way influences what you see from the candidates.

You gain the ability to gain dirt on one of the candidates. For example (obvious spoiler) Fallen London

[quote=Bringleby]You gain the ability to gain dirt on one of the candidates.[/quote]The option to discretely uncover more information about a candidate is available to everyone who undertakes the flash-lay that can be accessed in &quotThe Mayoral Election 1898&quot storylet. The only things that your election career changes are the favours and items you can potentially use to increase your reputation, as well as the potential free gift that you get after voting (though the candidate items are usually better than the career items, in my opinion).

It looks like the cat is going to win and I really hate that.

Hey, it’s early days yet. So early that no-one’s even officially declared for a candidate yet. Anything could happen!

I really don’t wan the cat to win. I’ll take gingerbread over the recently introduced cat.