A club

From several different sources I know that being a member in “The Young Stags” club gives +1 Shadowy +2 Dreaded and +2 Bizarre. But what does a membership in the Parthenaeum gives you?

And are there other clubs? If there are, what bonuses do they give?

The Parthenaeum gives you Persuasive +1, Respectable +4 - and as far as I know, those are the only two clubs at the minute. I may be wrong, but I haven’t heard of others.
edited by The Incorrigible Raconteur on 5/27/2012

Yes, those are the only two at present. I went with the Parthenaeum for roleplaying reasons (kind of, anyway…does it count if you roleplay as yourself? : p). Both are good choices, though the Young Stags does give a better material benefit, since Dreaded and Bizarre are much harder to get than Respectable.

The Parthenaeum has offered help on one or two storylets. So far I don’t think the stags club has helped with any. I personally would stick with the Parthenaeum for the time being just because I’ve seen actually benefit for membership. Though if a more interesting club comes along I will leave my current one for it.

If your Ambition is Bag a Legend, there is the Vake-killing Club!

For real or are you just messing with me.

For real or are you just messing with me.[/quote]
It’s a pun… “club” has two meanings as you may know :)

It’s a pun… “club” has two meanings as you may know :)[/quote]

Stop hiding this club from me! I will not be conspired against.

it’s a real club. Highly exclusive, though, as only Vake Killers may join…

I like the idea and the bonuses of the Stag’s the best. Hard as heck to get Dreaded and Bizarre up. :P

it’s a real club. Highly exclusive, though, as only Vake Killers may join…
I like the idea and the bonuses of the Stag’s the best. Hard as heck to get Dreaded and Bizarre up. :P[/quote]

I prefer the other club. Nice port, surface food, bunch of respectable-but-violent veterans easily spurred to be meat shields/cannon fodder for you…
At the very least, you don’t need to rescue them from aunties in order to join. And the card is much better; a 150 Whispered Secrets or a good reduction in suspicion done in style.

What about God’s Editors? Aren’t they a club too?

And one more question - Can I have two clubs / transports / etc. in my inventory and switch between them whenever I want to? Or can I only have one of each type?
edited by Voodoo Master on 5/28/2012

God’s Editors are an Affiliation. We can have more than one Affiliation, Transport and Home Comfort, but only one Club, one Ship and one Constant Companion.

Thank you very much, good sir.

Delighted to oblige! I’ve made a little chart - here - listing all the existing Person of Some Importance equipment, for comparison purposes.

I must thank you once more! The new types of equipment slots are very confusing at first, and your chart is just perfect for organizing it all! :)