A biography of your character

I had idea for a post, a post where people can write a biography of there character (mine’s probably going to be about 200 words, it can be shorter or longer if you want. Also mine will include his surface life, since I no nothing about that it will be fun to create). I wasn’t sure if anyone wants to spend their time writing one. I’m asking this before I write mine, because I don’t want mine to be buried under new posts. I thought this would be a fun thread to get to know each others characters, and to create your character’s history.
edited by Edward Frye on 9/21/2016

Just saying there’s a similar thread, but it’s pretty old and lots of people in there might no longer be playing… a new one is probably a good idea ;)

Okay, I guess I’ll keep this thread. I am currently not finished with my biography (it might take a little while), but I’ll post it once it’s finished.

Just finished (and wrote all of) it, here it is

Edward Frye was born in Carlow, Ireland in 1864. He lived on a small farm with his brother and father, his mother died when he was two years old. When he was nineteen, he moved to Birmingham, England to pursue a career in journalism. This is where he met Mr. Hamilton (whose first name is currently unknown). As a journalist he learned more and more about The Masters of the Bazaar and the Neath, and wanted more and more to go there. He contacted Londoners to learn more about the Neath, one of his contacts was a music hall singer. After hearing of all the undiscovered mysteries and treasures that lay in London (and also Mr. Hamilton had moved to London too), he decided to venture down.
After asking around and contacting Mr. Hamilton, he found the easiest way to get down was by being imprisoned in New Newgate. He planned a heist on a rich Lord, and was intentionally caught. He was then brought to the Neath. His plan a success, he now needed to escape. Being the charming gentleman he was, he persuaded the Gaolor to let him out on the next dirigible.
In London, he quickly began to hate The Masters, devils, and spirifers. He likes the tomb colonists, the bohemians, the urchins, the revolutionaries, the rubbery men, and the clay men.

hey all! i’m thinking of getting into the roleplay scene here, and i wanted to make a roleplay-focused alt for when my main reaches its fate by seeking. i have a few oc’s i’m thinking of doing the alt for, however i only want to do one of them since i can only focus on one account at a time. so, i’ll be posting their stories and biographies here (since i feel like making an entire thread might be too much, and this is the thread for biographies), and asking what yall think and which ones you would all like to rp with!

so i’ll start with talking about my main (whose story came to be based on a lot of messing around since its my usual internet usename), and then get to the suggestions. remember, major spoiler warning!

The Space Catte: It was once a trader among the High Wilderness, in a profession similar to the Merchant Venturer. And the only cat to hold such a job. During its trade it heard tell of the Neath, and didn’t think much of it. Until one fateful day it had caught wind of the tragic tale of the Name. Since then, it ventured down into the Neath, where it gave up its profession to live a nice and quaint subterranean life. The life has been rich and fulfilling, and it nearly forgot about the Name. And then it returned. The Space Catte knows why it’s down there, and knows that the Seeking Road can only end in its return to the Sunless Skies. It’s shedding everything to walk that Road, but before it completion it will give what secrets, tutelage, and outright memories it can to a lucky friend.

and here’s the suggestions for the alts, and who might that lucky friend be!

The Corresponding Renegade: A long and complex and tragic tale. A Khaganian orphan, reared in Khan’s Shadow, brought over and given a childhood in London by the Widow, she set to infernal spirifering in her teenage years. But besides an interest in the infernal, all that cash from spirifering and smuggling was put to her true childhood dream: attending Benthic University and studying the budding field of the Correspondence. She attends, her career and life is long and fruitful. And then tragedy strikes, and she’s kicked out, spurned of her dream. Crushed, bitter, and gaining a tongue like an obsidian knife, she’s partnered with the Calendar Council and seeks to bring about the Liberation of Night. But beyond that, her interests also lie in the absolute mutation of her form, and she seeks any sort of Science that might allow her to morph herself into something monstrous. (Destiny: The Memory, abyssal route)

The Star-Flecked Feline: Another cat, similar to the Space Catte. In fact, it is the Space Catte! Probably? Sometimes. Some days it claims to have just got back from its terrible quest, says the Name is actually Herbert. Other days it’s doing things that anyone who knows the Space Catte knows it would never do. The truth is that, during its lessons with the SC, it was fed Apocyan-infused Red Honey filled with quite a few of the SC’s memories. Some days, one might see the Feline’s star-studded knowledge and wisdom. Others, it shows a more mercenary and capricious nature that stands a hallmark of the Neath. Whatever it does, a certain constant is that it detests Seeking, and sets to spirifering as a means of preventing others from doing it. Otherwise, it takes an interest in Parabolan affairs, and might someday set to riddling its mind more with the memories and dreams of others. (Destiny: Backstage, silvered route)

The Cosmogone-Spectacled Agent: A Special Constable, cold and brutal and uncaring like any other. But something broils deep in her mind: an intense, raging, loving loyalty to the Bazaar. Not Order, not Law, not the Empire, not the Masters. The Bazaar, and only the Bazaar. Perhaps it was brought on by too many late night vigils deep inside of it. But no matter the case, as her love for the Bazaar increased it took over any care for the Masters, and for the Law. In her quiet and most hidden away moments, she makes money on the side through much more illicit means, like spirifering. She will conduct the will of the Bazaar and the Masters to the letter with rigid authority (at Wines’ behest, for instance, she even took to being his personal Glass-y Agent in his War of Dreams). But make no mistake, catch her off duty and get her deep in her cups, and she might just tell you of her distaste for the winged freeloaders who littler and betray her dear, loving, powerful Bazaar. Mr Iron is her least favorite. (Destiny: Passion. or maybe, maybe The Curator, silvered route)

that’s all of them, let me know what you all think and which you might be most interested in roleplaying with!!
edited by spacecatte on 9/25/2016
edited by spacecatte on 9/25/2016

[quote=spacecatte]hey all! i’m thinking of getting into the roleplay scene here, and i wanted to make a roleplay-focused alt for when my main reaches its fate by seeking. i have a few oc’s i’m thinking of doing the alt for, however i only want to do one of them since i can only focus on one account at a time. so, i’ll be posting their stories and biographies here (since i feel like making an entire thread might be too much, and this is the thread for biographies), and asking what yall think and which ones you would all like to rp with!

so i’ll start with talking about my main (whose story came to be based on a lot of messing around since its my usual internet usename), and then get to the suggestions. remember, major spoiler warning!

The Space Catte: It was once a trader among the High Wilderness, in a profession similar to the Merchant Venturer. And the only cat to hold such a job. During its trade it heard tell of the Neath, and didn’t think much of it. Until one fateful day it had caught wind of the tragic tale of the Name. Since then, it ventured down into the Neath, where it gave up its profession to live a nice and quaint subterranean life. The life has been rich and fulfilling, and it nearly forgot about the Name. And then it returned. The Space Catte knows why it’s down there, and knows that the Seeking Road can only end in its return to the Sunless Skies. It’s shedding everything to walk that Road, but before it completion it will give what secrets, tutelage, and outright memories it can to a lucky friend.

and here’s the suggestions for the alts, and who might that lucky friend be!

The Corresponding Renegade: A long and complex and tragic tale. A Khaganian orphan, reared in Khan’s Shadow, brought over and given a childhood in London by the Widow, she set to infernal spirifering in her teenage years. But besides an interest in the infernal, all that cash from spirifering and smuggling was put to her true childhood dream: attending Benthic University and studying the budding field of the Correspondence. She attends, her career and life is long and fruitful. And then tragedy strikes, and she’s kicked out, spurned of her dream. Crushed, bitter, and gaining a tongue like an obsidian knife, she’s partnered with the Calendar Council and seeks to bring about the Liberation of Night. But beyond that, her interests also lie in the absolute mutation of her form, and she seeks any sort of Science that might allow her to morph herself into something monstrous. (Destiny: The Memory, abyssal route)

The Star-Flecked Feline: Another cat, similar to the Space Catte. In fact, it is the Space Catte! Probably? Sometimes. Some days it claims to have just got back from its terrible quest, says the Name is actually Herbert. Other days it’s doing things that anyone who knows the Space Catte knows it would never do. The truth is that, during its lessons with the SC, it was fed Apocyan-infused Red Honey filled with quite a few of the SC’s memories. Some days, one might see the Feline’s star-studded knowledge and wisdom. Others, it shows a more mercenary and capricious nature that stands a hallmark of the Neath. Whatever it does, a certain constant is that it detests Seeking, and sets to spirifering as a means of preventing others from doing it. Otherwise, it takes an interest in Parabolan affairs, and might someday set to riddling its mind more with the memories and dreams of others. (Destiny: Backstage, silvered route)

The Cosmogone-Spectacled Agent: A Special Constable, cold and brutal and uncaring like any other. But something broils deep in her mind: an intense, raging, loving loyalty to the Bazaar. Not Order, not Law, not the Empire, not the Masters. The Bazaar, and only the Bazaar. Perhaps it was brought on by too many late night vigils deep inside of it. But no matter the case, as her love for the Bazaar increased it took over any care for the Masters, and for the Law. In her quiet and most hidden away moments, she makes money on the side through much more illicit means, like spirifering. She will conduct the will of the Bazaar and the Masters to the letter with rigid authority (at Wines’ behest, for instance, she even took to being his personal Glass-y Agent in his War of Dreams). But make no mistake, catch her off duty and get her deep in her cups, and she might just tell you of her distaste for the winged freeloaders who littler and betray her dear, loving, powerful Bazaar. Mr Iron is her least favorite. (Destiny: Passion. or maybe, maybe The Curator, silvered route)

that’s all of them, let me know what you all think and which you might be most interested in roleplaying with!!
[/quote]
Now that I’m looking at the more detailed descriptions, the Agent sounds like the most fun and the one with the most consistent motivation.
While I can understand the Renegade’s support of the LoN, the particulars of her interest in the Red Science elude my mind, and the Feline feels a bit too much like a legacy character to me. The Agent, in comparison, has a stable motivation for most of her actions (Being a special constable is one of the main ways to interact with the Bazaar, and that is basically serving a Master/several Masters) and I could even see her as a canon character. But, in the end, this is all just my personal opinion and you should feel free to play what you think would be best for you.

P.S. The official term for spirifering is spirifage, just letting you know.

Being a Special Constable technically involves serving the Masters directly, as opposed to the Bazaar; the organization they belong to reports, at least nominally, to Mr Pages. I’m not sure how long a disloyal Special Constable would last; it’s implied that the Masters are, for the most part, aware of our extracurricular activities. I imagine working for them directly would involve no small degree of scrutiny, and if getting her drunk is all it takes to get her badmouthing them, there might be problems.

There is an in-game profession that involves serving the Bazaar more directly, though. If one has no qualms about getting one’s hands dirty.