4k resolution

Hi, do you plan a 4k resolution support? Right now, the game have some very noticeable bugs with UI scaling and the official guide goes only up to 1080p resolution.

I would like to echo this. My resolution is 3200 x 1800 and the UI is very hard to use.

In addition, UI scaling doesn’t seem to affect everything it needs to, as far as I can tell. In particular, on my screen, the patch notes on the right of the starting screen are microscopic. Considering I am playing on a laptop it is physically painful to read. Similarly, the messages that pop up on the screen (when you gain xp, or send a scout, or discover something) are also tiny and don’t seem to scale effectively.

[color=#6666ff]Hi there,[/color]
[color=#6666ff]
[/color]
[color=#6666ff]We currently don’t have any plans to support 4k resolution.[/color]
[color=#6666ff]
[/color]
[color=#6666ff]@genesis - with regard to some of the in-game text not being affected by the font scale, we’re aware of this issue and will resolve that ASAP.[/color]

Thanks, could I possibly get a confirmation either way re: 3200 x 1800, which does not count as 4k resolution as far as I know. Alternatively, is the current range of resolutions settled or is there any scope for increasing it even if it doesn’t go that high. Even more specifically, are the any plans or any scope for testing the game on laptop screens (since I assume most developers work on proper monitors).

[quote=genesis][quote=FailbetterFuzz]
[color=#6666ff]We currently don’t have any plans to support 4k resolution.[/color]
[/quote]

Thanks, could I possibly get a confirmation either way re: 3200 x 1800, which does not count as 4k resolution as far as I know. Alternatively, is the current range of resolutions settled or is there any scope for increasing it even if it doesn’t go that high. Even more specifically, are the any plans or any scope for testing the game on laptop screens (since I assume most developers work on proper monitors).[/quote]

[color=#6666ff]Hey Genesis, [/color]
[color=#6666ff]
[/color]
[color=#6666ff]Sadly no plans to support 3200 x 1800 either. We’d like to add a few more resolutions when we come to look at tweaking the recommended settings for the existing ones, but it’s not something I’m able to guarantee that we’ll do at the moment. I’m sorry, that’s a very wishy-washy answer, but it’s the only one I can give at this point in development.[/color]
[color=#6666ff]
[/color]
[color=#6666ff]Our developers do work on ‘proper’ monitors yes, but when it comes to testing we do this on laptop screens too. Our producer who is always in game looking at the latest content works solely from a laptop, as does our marketing manager, though she doesn’t get in game too much. For testing I have a number of different monitors at my desk and access to a laptop in the office, and I have the same set-up at my testing lab at home (multiple different monitors and laptops) as I work remotely 2 days a week. We’re only a tiny company so sadly we don’t have access to a massive range of devices and platforms but there’s definitely laptops included in our testing ;) [/color]

Very exhaustive and very informative, thank you very much :)