1897 Election Items

Quite a hard choice for me. I already have the Insatiable Gloves so I don’t see the talons as that good except for the respectable. The Tarot Cards sound aesthetically more pleasing, but unlike the other two, it wouldn’t just have an equivalent option, but be outright worse than the lenguals.Is that Hand of Glory with dreaded fate-locked or can any shmuck just grab it at the festival. The rubbery lumps would be the only one that offer me a good replacement for the expensive diamond ring, but I understand that the bizzare bonus would be easily covered by Lenguals. And what does it mean “Can’t use the ring”? Like actually blocks the progression of the story os is not allowed for the part that would need high persuasive?

Can you guys please help me decide?

This is an unwise question.
(that was a hint)

A more straightforward answer:

Winking Isle of SMEN infamously requires you to get rid of significant amount of belongings in order to progress in it. The long list of items forbidden in the Isle includes the diamond ring, notably the only piece of equipment not allowed in the place.

BTW - In the Candidate’s Thread for Virginia, there is some deep (& rhetoricly antagonistic) thought on Virginia’s devil-bone gauntlets - and WHY they’re watchful, perhap … (said analysis from the critic camp, on my part, for one - suggesting she’ll be hunting the wearers, for fitness programs, heh.)

-:- Drazzle Psmyth -:-

edited by Doctor_Static on 8/1/2019

I voted for Virginia’s item even though my character supported Miriam Plenty. I was truly disappointed in being stuck with a glove coated in Rubbery Lumps for my pains that wasn’t even Best in Slot.

[quote=Vavakx Nonexus][quote=Diptych]I believe the standard suits of Neathy playing cards are Hats, Bats, Cats and Rats. Whether these carry over to the Neathy Tarot, I cannot say.[/quote]In fact, they do not - Shoshana’s tarot includes Coins and Staves, as well as Cups (I presume there is also some number of Swords in the deck, though we’ve never seen any).

Sidenote: The Enigmatic Augur’s deck differs a little, in that respect - his features Chalices and Wands, as well as Aces and Knaves (Jacks), the latter two being pretty clearly derived from playing cards, while Shoshana’s uses Cups and Staves, alongside the more mystical Pages.
edited by Vavakx Nonexus on 7/25/2019[/quote]

Sounds as though Mme. Shoshana’s tarot has the conventional Tarot suits that Waite et al. would recognize; Coins (or Pentacles), Staves (or Wands), Swords and Cups. Pages are a kind of court card in the Tarot–not a suit.

Thank so much … Good to know (as i’ve even been wondering if anyone has a list of every card yet named, heh.) …

-:- Y. “D.” F. Psmyth (accent on the “myth”) -:-

Well, if Madame Shoshanna is a member of the Shroud, she might not like Magicians, and remove them from her deck.

By-the-by an alter-ego brag (channelled via fourth-wall-translucency) - if i may : i have long owned the Crowley Thoth Tarot, with complete Tome guide (& deck pamphlet) - And have had the &quotGolden Dawn&quot / &quotO.T.O.&quot spare card Signed by the sagacious Discordian Pope, Robert Anton Wilson. (i, meaning ‘Doctor-Static’, moreso, of course) - ((Also, i have a wee pixie deck, likely the size of the Gifted one from Mme. Shoshana.))

Now, if only Psmyth can transpose the Tarot-glove-deck’s set of 77 Arcana unto the fine slide-rule-like etched bands of his Copper DeCyphering Ring - as i’m speculating Lovelace and Babbage may have alloted means to do, in their contributions to its design…
edited by Doctor_Static on 8/14/2019