1895 Election Statistics

[color=#cc0099]For those intrigued by charts and figures, the Election 1895 statistics are now available on our blog![/color]

Well, there goes my chance for a productive day.

“The Detective claimed nearly half of all max contributors” this is probably my favourite part of the stats because, lore-wise, it “clicks” so well. Those guys really did roll up their sleeves and try to make a city that works, as per Detective’s words.

I must commend the no nonsense and hard working supporters of the Implacable Detective. While both myself and Feducci supporters and the supporters of thd Dauntless Temperance campaigner were going at each other on the forums and in game you all buckled down and kept at it. Good job Implacable Detective supporters. :)

Yes, those Detective supporters were quite efficient, though the broader support by many more less invested Feducci supporters proved that “quantity is also a quality”.

This was actually the least interesting statistic for me.

There are so few players who have Notability 15 anyway, so I have to assume that the &quotmax contributors&quot is a small subset of players which is very much unrepresentative of the playerbase.

Interesting … Feducci significantly underperformed amongst Max:Total Contributors and Max:Social Action Contributors vis-à-vis his vote total. I interpret this to indicate he had particularly strong support among casual players whereas the DTC and Detective did better with FL-obssessed, forum-reading, Neath junkies (although plenty of these also liked Feducci).

On another point, I do wish FBG would give us raw numbers for election participants and vote points … although I suppose this data may be proprietary.

Well, I didn’t mean strictly interesting, but like. My favourite. Aesthetically pleasing, so to speak. this and feducci having the most Agitators because of course he would. Which stat was your favourite/you find most interesting?

while detective supporters were working, feducci supporters studied the Blade

I think the Agitator stats are interesting. It confirms my impression that maxing out that career path was the most difficult.

[quote=lady ciel ]I think the Agitator stats are interesting. It confirms my impression that maxing out that career path was the most difficult.[/quote]I thought it was pretty easy!.. but I’m a long time player who was really glad to finally have a good use for my hoard of hundreds of second chance items, so maybe that’s why. Still, didn’t see anything particularly difficult about it.

I’d be interested in finding out how the statistics changed between the mid point and the final result.

On a macro level the final results in both elections mirrored the midpoint polls. It’s sort of a shame that the second half of the election is just a slouch to its inevitable conclusion.

The incredibly unscientific poll in the ‘How Much Did You Contribute to Your Candidate’ thread produced these results:

Feducci: 479 votes from 12 characters (25.7%)
Detective: 601 votes from 14 characters (32.3%)
DTC: 781 votes from 19 characters (42.0%)

Characters are used instead of players, since a number of players contributed from more than one character, sometimes splitting candidates.

So, yes, the supporters of the DTC were correct that most defectors went to their camp- Though I had not expected that they were still the one furthest behind though.

[quote=Jenson Shepherd]
It’s sort of a shame that the second half of the election is just a slouch to its inevitable conclusion.[/quote]
While I do think it would be preferable not to explicitly confirm who is in the lead, I think it’s unfair to say that it is just a marker of the inevitable. We only have two elections so far, and this time 10% switched their vote. That is almost three times as many as last time. If that is further increased next time it might make a significant difference, especially if the candidates starts out more equal.

Which just goes to show that players who post / vote on the forum make up such a tiny fraction of the overall playerbase that using it to base any ideas about how the election is going will be entirely futile.

Oh yay, the DTC got 21% ^_^ And Feducci got only 45%! Our efforts at the Honey Well definitely cost him a majority.

It’s kind of funny, this flips last years election on its head. Jenny got 55% and her combined opposition got 45%. This year, Feducci got 45% and his combined opposition got 55%. I’m pretty happy with these results.

Looks like I was right about there being a surge to the Campaigner and no candidate having a majority. I got some push back for saying that, but it was simply what I was seeing.

I was wrong however about how large Feducci’s lead was at the start of the second week. I thought it was much more surmountable. Mea culpa.

Not really all that surprising. The DTC appears to have gotten lot of late deciders and switchers - the sort of players who don’t max out. Something I found while contacting people was that the Detective’s supporters were remarkably loyal - they picked her early and they stayed with her. So, more of them had opportunities to max out their election careers. Feducci meanwhile had quite a few &quotwith reservations&quot supporters, which clearly didn’t translate into the enthusiasm that Jenny received.
edited by Anne Auclair on 7/26/2017

I don’t see how anything could have cost him a majority which he didn’t have: &quotDuring the second week, Feducci’s lead waned by 4%.&quot 45 + 4 = 49% - no majority there. And I don’t think more people would’ve switched to Feducci than from Feducci, if you’re implying that the Honey Well prevented him from gaining a majority that he didn’t start out with for the second week.

Our efforts began in the first week and likely played a role in him getting just under 50% at the start of the second week, then in the second week we killed his chances of a majority. From what I observed, switching from Feducci to the Campaigner didn’t start in the second week, it began late in the first week and got a second week surge. In the second week, that 4% shifted halfway through, so when they switched they weren’t giving him as many votes as they would ultimately have delivered to him on election day. Switching without fate hurts the candidate you’re defecting from more than it helps the candidate you’re defecting to.

Detective supporters mostly focused on the prize and we worked hard. But I must say that Campaigner supporters were showing their presence much more firmly. At least that is what I saw. I got some invitations from them as the election continued.

51% of players choosing Fixer really explains the unending barrage of menace reduction offers. It was like having a medic for every soldier.
edited by Anne Auclair on 7/27/2017

[quote=Anne Auclair]It was like having a medic for every soldier.
edited by Anne Auclair on 7/27/2017[/quote]

Immediately imagined Sgt. Zim’s &quotMEDIC!&quot :)

Any ideas, why did people choose Fixer’s campaign in such vast amounts?
Is it truly in their heart to mend, help and heal?
I mean, it was pretty obvious that from technical aspect most rewarding and effective career is self-sustainable Campaigners, whilst Fixers require Agitators, and the latter obviously would not be popular.

The Neath is truly full of mysteries. And I’m so glad it goes beyond storylets!

[quote=SirKwint]Any ideas, why did people choose Fixer’s campaign in such vast amounts?
Is it truly in their heart to mend, help and heal?
I mean, it was pretty obvious that from technical aspect most rewarding and effective career is self-sustainable Campaigners, whilst Fixers require Agitators, and the latter obviously would not be popular.[/quote]
I think a lot of people find it more glamorous than the other careers. Like, with Campaigners and Agitators, you’re out on the street, doing straightforward work. But with Fixers, you’re behind the scenes, pulling the strings. You feel less like a worker, more like a boss, and who doesn’t like feeling in charge?