1000 Scrap to go

I’m drawing close, in scrap and stats, to my first big scrap purchase.
Are there any in particular worth getting? Would it be a mistake to just sell it immediately?
I am planning to get all my 5-card housing via Sackmas. I don’t yet have an Overgoat, and only have 3,000 echoes saved up so far, so it would be a significant boost towards that goal.

I wouldn’t say it would be a mistake to sell the item immediately, but it is a large chunk of time and effort you’ve put into something that generally can’t be obtained any other way. The amount of time you save in getting the Overgoat very likely isn’t the same amount of time you would need to get that item back.

I agree that you would be wise in looking at which items you can buy with Certifiable Scrap which will be useful later on.

The most obvious one that comes to mind is saving up 3200 scraps for a Reported Location of a One-Time Prince of Hell, which you could use to upgrade your rooms at the Brass Embassy. You could get that via selling the location of the Cave of Nadir, but instead you could trade that for a Vial of M______ B____ which is useful for upgrading your Premises at the Bazaar (without grinding Wine items until the cows come home.) That is, of course, if you’re willing to trade with the Revolutionaries.

The choice is entirely up to you, of course.
I still have yet to trade in either of these things.

I’m currently at ~3100 scraps and have a similiar dilemma. I haven’t decided which 3200 item I’ll get and I already have T5 lodgings from selling cave of nadir, but I’m pretty sure I’m not going to be selling the item I’ll get, since it can’t be obtained any other way and is pretty cool to have.
I’ll probably farm for a goat independently so not to lose any of the cool items I’ve acquired.

Personally, I would say that unless you are going to use the item to immediately get your first T5 lodging, wait to get an item. I’m currently around 300 away from being able to get my first and I’m going to save it until one of the items gets another use, or I reach ~6000 scraps.

After much careful consideration, I realise that my previous advice really wasn’t that great at all.

[spoiler]Selling the location of the Cave of the Nadir to the Revolutionaries does give a Bottle of Master’s Blood, certainly. But it also provides a huge amount of Connected:Revolutionaries. If you’re using the blood to upgrade your ‘Bazaar’ lodgings to a Spire-Emporium, that requires you to have Connected:Revolutionaries at or below 10.

Sure, you could use the Revolutionaries opportunity card to dump the connection (which seems rather wasteful from a profit-seeking point of view), though it would be much more profitable to flip cards in The Flit and lower it that way via Trading favours with Revolutionaries - which would take ages to do, rendering the purpose moot, as well as steadily Advance the Liberation of Night… Not to mention that requires you to draw the opportunity card Gunpowder and Zeal: the Revolutionaries, then The Lofty Tower: the Potential of Premises at the Bazaar as well as Gunpowder and Zeal: the Revolutionaries, again.

So not exactly the grand scheme I was thinking it could be. Even if you have two of the cards drawn and are dumping profit, you still need to draw the Revolutionaries card again to be able to lose the connection which allows you to upgrade the lodgings. :-/ [/spoiler]
It’s still an option - but it’s not so great as I thought it might have been.

A much easier way to do this:

Do the Affair of the Box repeatedly, and switch sides every action. Spend the Revs connection to get rid of A Turncoat for 100CP each time. It took me about 2 days to get rid of ~100 levels of the damn thing gained from Hallowmas grinding.

As for the other thing, I wouldn’t use an item gained this way to get a 5-card lodging since it’s so much cheaper at Sacksmas. But don’t listen to me, I’m an inveterate hoarder.