Question about Bag A Legend Ambition

I am at BaL 29 and want to make sure I understand what I need to do. It appears that I need to raise my “Hearing things…” to at least 4 and, preferably, higher - needing 13 of “Hearing things…” to 100% the later check. To raise “Hearing things…”, there are two choices:

1. Draw a card that requires me to drink a bottle of black wings absinthe (BWA). I did this once with the one bottle of BWA that I possessed. To get more BWA, I have to either win a rare win in the carnival or wait for a Mr. Wines card and get lucky on a 50% chance. So this option requires several wins or rare wins along with 2-3 card draws.

2. Draw an autofire card that will increase my “Hearing things…” by 1 CP.

Of course, the “Hearing things…” property is pyramidal so it takes a lot of cards, rare wins, etc. to reach level 4 (10 times, to be specific).

Do I understand the above correctly? This seems quite unfortunate that you have to sit there in your efforts to pursue your ambition and wait for random cards and rare occurrences. Is there no way to grind this part?

2 Likes

You only need the 4 initially; the other points are more easily acquirable later. Every ambition has at least a few parts that are “just wait for opportunity cards” throughout the ambition, unfortunately. Still, it should take a few days at most.

2 Likes

Thanks, Hex. “Only 4” is still 10 draws of the cards for this pyramidal property. Yuck, quite a random wait. Suppose I could waste my actions while waiting for the cards by trying for the rare win in the carnival.

2 Likes

Yep. HD has… a significant amount of those types of things, especially early on. I’m very familiar!

There is an option to buy BWA in Veilgarden at your stage of BAL Procure Black Wings Absinthe - Fallen London Wiki

Calm, that is AWESOME. I can steal it with 100% chance of success. That will help a lot. Thanks.

1 Like

This seems quite unfortunate that you have to sit there in your efforts to pursue your ambition and wait for random cards and rare occurrences

Your Ambition is something you are supposed to be doing at the same time as other things, so it advancing slowly in the background at times, as it is, is normal. Doing it all at once on your alt that has already finished the Railway (if I remember correctly) is definitely not the way it’s supposed to be done, especially since it’s also far later than intended.

3 Likes

Well, Heart’s Desire is about gambling.

3 Likes

Fair point, DarkSquirrel. I had hoped to rush through it only limited by the number of actions I get per day and, maybe, by the need to grind a few items for which my current inventory is inadequate but, alas, tis not to be.