Directory: Role players and their characters

Ron Morrison - (True Neutral, with a bit of chaotic) A former Irish Deacon. He has now abandoned any semblance of faith, and decided to focus solely on two things - advancing his own career, whatever it might be, by whatever means nescesarry, as ruthless as needed, and finding the man who killed his dear brother. If you wish to befriend him, go ahead - he holds his promises. Just don’t upset him, for he also holds grudges.

I am pretty active, although I’d appreciate a quick message first. I also prefer evenings or days, but again, message me and I’ll most likely be available. I’m not a stranger to RP, but I’m quite new to Fallen London so hopefully I won’t be a burden! My timezone is GMT + 2:00. Oh, and I prefer casual RP.

As a side note, I will be mostly playing along with the story FL has already laid out, with some major edits and such. Right now, Ron is in a pretty poor situation, so I’ll reflect on this in RP.
edited by Ronald Morrison on 7/28/2016

Open to RP with the characters in my signature - forum, onsite, or skype, whichever you like:

Eglantine Fox: Hedonistic, creative, flirtatious Welsh-born person of very indistinct gender. Sometime poet, sometime thief, usually dabbling in something peculiar. Spends too much time around devils.

Siobhan O’Malley: Irish patriot who’s come to London to know the Empire’s heart, the better to create an independent Ireland - who along the way has found people she’s actually fond of in the city. Generally sweet and sincere when approached in friendship. Not much killer instinct, for all her fierce beliefs and goals.

Isidore Day: Englishman trying to make a profit and a place for himself in London. A polite gentleman, but with a ruthless streak under that courtesy.

Edward Frye: A magnanimous, daring, steadfast, merciful, and slightly hedonistic gentleman. Fond of clay men, Rattus Faber, Urchins, rubbery men, and The Duchess. Hates The Masters, Devils, and spirifers.

Ulysses Beechworth: A very daring (some might say foolish), steadfast, and ruthless gentleman. He is a rat hunter and dock worker who dreams of becoming a famous monster hunter for killing The Vake.

Laurens Haymore
: A melancholy, ruthless, and forceful gentleman. He will stop at nothing to avenge the death of his mother and father, even if it means lying, killing, or betrayal.

I am open to pretty much any RP (on the forums or the Fallen London website). My timezone is EST, I’ll mostly be active morning, noon, and around four 'o clock to nine 'o clock on weekdays, pretty much all day on weekends. Also, Mr. Hamilton and Edward Frye are good friends, so it won’t it won’t be hard to get both in one RP.
edited by Edward Frye on 9/28/2016

Mr. Hamilton: A friendly gentleman who enjoys exploring and is easily sidetracked, likes rubbery men, clay men and rattus faber, dislikes devils and masters.

George Albany: A tough man who dreams of becoming a expert zee-captain and hunts the vake.

Will be active in the morning (7:30 - 8:30 EST) and (12:00 - 1:00) and anywhere past 4:00 ending at 9:00.
edited by Mr. Hamilton on 9/28/2016
edited by Mr. Hamilton on 9/28/2016

I’m quite new to role playing on here but I’ve had experience on other sites before. I’m active from around 3:00 est to 11:00 est on weekdays. And all day on weekends

Eve Danela: A bruised, wily lady who has only recently made the choice to stay in the Neath. She’s not sure of much, she dabbles and associates with any group she finds useful, but one thing for sure, she plans to pull off a heist as grandiose as they come. Eve is quite covert, manipulative but short tempered. She’s not sure who her true allies are.
edited by crystal4180 on 9/28/2016

Hello all. I am new here but have done a lot of role playing in the past. I’m looking for mostly light role-playing and I am open to doing it in messages here or on reddit or email. I will generally be active a few times during a weekday and sporadically on weekends. I am also very open to social actions in the game, but I would prefer another way to have conversations. Thanks! --Becca

Felicity Anne Stratford - a formerly genteel young woman who is new to this city and is happily experiencing her liberty from the disapproving society above.

There is the Inflammatory Salon (http://community.failbettergames.com/topic21999-the-inflammatory-salon.aspx?) it is generally used for some fairly light roleplaying and a good place to introduce your character.
edited by Lord Gazter on 10/11/2016

Gotthard Redlich, a former prussian naval officer who has come to the Neath only recently after being dismissed from His Majesty’s services. Typically surrounds himself with zailors remind himself of &quotthe good days&quot.

Hark DeGaul, a bright-eyed cat lover who grew up at zee. They are a civil and somewhat sinister individual who has bright plans for London’s future!

Hebediah Fix, the Lion of Ardahan,
is a Crimean War veteran turned vicar who runs a small church amidst the honeydens of Hollow Street. He is jovial and boisterous, with a particular love of impractical duels. Currently looking for his missing daughter, who sold her soul and disappeared.

Your Aunt.
She is your aunt. She is severe, bitter and related to you and she really wises you visited more often.
edited by Hark DeGaul on 12/29/2016

- Mademoiselle. A hedonistic, silver-tongued socialite with a soft spot for everything related to mirrors, and what might or might not exist behind them. Has an easy smile. Yes, she would rather be addressed as &quotMademoiselle&quot, but of course 'tis not her name.

- Maxwell Bradford, Curt revolutionary of few words, but otherwise a very pious gentleman. Occasionally prone to sending horrors of penmanship when his Nightmares get too high. Has a thing against Devils.

I’ve been roleplaying for more than 8 years now, so anything you throw at me–as long as it’s reasonably well written–I’m game. However, I do appreciate trading OOC letters to make sure we’re on the same line of thought–Not to mention, I love to get to know the people behind the characters!. I understand if that’s not your cup of tea, so we can just circumspect the conversation to what’s going on in the rp, too.
That being said, I’m in med school, and classes are going to start soon. Rest assured, I’ll let you know if I ever fall in an(other) existential crisis and have to postpone my next reply.

Willow Elmsworth, A far too cheery socialite and philanthropist with a soft spot for children who unravels into something of a mystery when you realize she has far too many children, none of them look anything like her, and some of them are only pretending to be happy.

Behind the character, I’ve been roleplaying for quite a long time now, and am quite willing to go along with any sort of roleplay style you’re comfortable with! As long as it’s well written. I have a penchant for evolving storylines, intrigue, mystery, and absolutely showering people I like with gifts. (Not to say I’ll bribe you to interact with me. But I am very generous.)

Ragged Martha, a (recovered) leper with an affinity for the Tomb Colonies, an admiration for the Masters, and a measured disdain for the preening fools that cast her out of the Shuttered Palace.

Of the truths of the Neath, she holds one in highest esteem: everything has value, and, in turn, a price.

Her home’s a criss-crossed maze of theorems linked with twine to newspaper clippings, vertices mapped on the walls, the floor, the ceiling – at least, where she hasn’t scrubbed clean the charred-black residue of an ill-fated attempt at copying the Correspondence’s sigils. If there’s a tidy room in her house, it’d be her study, where her salon meets once a week on Sundays, oh-so-coincidentally temporally opposed with morning mass at St Destin’s. On every day but Sunday, though, she uses its desk sparingly, and only when she need consult her notes on the subject of monster breeding.

She’s often rude (unless you’re a Tomb Colonist) and always irritated. Approach with caution, if at all, though if she’s offered a gift, she’ll begrudgingly match it…at least in sentiment, if not in price.

A little comment from the original topic poster
amused
Oh my… It still lives!

Bertrand Lyndon, a former Sergeant of the British Army who was forced to flee to the Neath. He now leads an underground crime ring and trades secrets with most of London’s factions.
Lyndon is a somewhat cynical man: he cares little for ideals and he’s hardly moved by the suffering of others. This does not mean he’s needlessly cruel: he cares for his subordinates, and, to a lesser extent, for the well-being of the people of London in general. However, he has no qualms about bloodying his hands to further his plans.

Sergeant Lyndon’s appearance

Sergeant Lyndon’s backstory

I’m open to all kinds of roleplay, both casual and structured. In the latter case, I prefer to use PMs to discuss the characters and what they might do together, but any system will do (although I tend to use letters sparingly).

One last thing, for the sake of complete honesty: English is not my first language, so I might make mistakes from time to time.
edited by Bertrand Lyndon on 2/19/2017

Maude Braun - A flirtatious and eccentric lover of the arts. Spends most of their time in Veilgarden indulging themself and others in Neathy delights. Not a criminal but certainly isn’t above picking a pocket or two and is also known to enjoy participating in organized fighting from time to time. Has little recollection of why they originally came to the Neath but doesn’t seem to care.

Notes - I’m super casual about roleplay most of the time. PMs are good. Forums and chats, like Discord, are better. My Discord is MAUDunit #0217. If you ever wish to roleplay with me, just let me know and be sure to have some idea of what kind of roleplay you are looking for.
edited by Maude on 2/25/2017
edited by Maude on 2/25/2017

Lady Jen Black - A noblewoman with a complicated past. Affable, charming, and very polite. Spends her time as a scholar and Society lady by day and a freelance spy/assassin/thief by night. Came to the Neath to seek the excitement of hunting the Vake, but tends to get distracted by other pursuits.

Note: I’m pretty new to roleplay. Let me know what you’re interested in by sending me a calling card in-game or PMing me here. Casual or structured are both fine by me. We can use social actions, letters, or forums. I live in GMT +8 and I pop in regularly. Weekdays I’m logged on from about 1-2 in the afternoon and 7-11 at night. Weekends I’m on sporadically. Drop me a line if you’re interested!

I’m a veteran table top gamer, but new to actual RP in Fallen London. Trying to get a feel for it. Been playing it for awhile now. I am playing Lady Caroline Karnstein, a good hearted bohemian who gets along well in society most of the time, but whose hedonistic ways sometimes get in the way of her doing the right thing.

I’m trying to get the hang of social actions right now. Generally happy to RP.

A newly minted resident of the Neath. Polite, Educated and,warm?..yes warm. Dr. Pascal spends the majority of his time among the bohemians of Veilgarden penning lewd poetry between tastings of prisoner’s honey.

The Six Handed Merchant:
Private detective, social progressive, scandal monger, Soul Shepherd, orphanage patron/matron, Correspondent, Mycologene aficionado, unionist, vigorously-censored author, radical Bohemian, free thinker, spider whisperer, honey-dreaming hedonist, lover of all types, Extraordinary Mind.

If it’s truth you seek, The Six Handed Merchant is the gentlemen-, er, lady-, er, detective you need! Just pay no mind to that Eradication Officer tailing Six: that poor fellow is simply out of his mind!

Stories about Six:

• They Walk Among Us (SPOILER WARNING Do not read if you want to discover Six’s surprising character secrets via in-game RP)[/li][li]The Ones You Love (Insight into one of Six’s more varied romantic relationships: a nemesis/lover. No major spoilers)[/li][li]The Nadir: Urchin Exhange (Six making a deal with the Urchins. Some spoilers for Cave of the Nadir)

Q&A:
(SPOILERS Do not read if you want to discover Six’s secrets via in-game RP.)

[spoiler]How many hands does Six really have?

Only two, actually. &quotSix-Handed&quot is a subtle reference to spiders (six hands + two feet = eight limbs).

How does Six feel about…eyes?

Six learned from the Soft-Hearted Widow that it is wrong to take eyes from the unwilling or the manipulated. They believe that all eyes should be given out of love, and hope against hope to one day spread their enlightened views to the other councils.

Have they ever taken anyone’s eyes?

No, as Six has no intention to settle down and raise a family yet. ;)

How does Six fit in their clothes?

While spider councils can grow quite large, Six is only a juvenile council.

In the story HOJOHOTO, we see a pile of tiny baby sorrow-spiders briefly form a human-shaped council. Six is composed of juvenile (smaller than dinner plate sized) sorrow-spiders that have yet to meld together, so they are still flexible and able to form a human shape.

Six also has a plan to maintain their shape as well: they rotate the spiders that are part of their council. When juveniles get too large (and risk melting together) those &quotlongshanks&quot spiders are sent out of the council to find others to permanently join. And new young spiders are regularly invited into the council. This keeps Six the same size, and maybe with enough of their spiders going to other councils, Six will be able to spread their unique ideology of only taking eyes out of love.

So in some ways, Six is the spider council equivalent of a revolutionary urchin gang.

How does Six do anything scandalous considering what their body is like?

Very carefully! Fortunately, Victorian London was quite restrained physically. Kissing is fine as their mask includes a mouth and human dentures. And more scandalous activities can be worked around in creative ways that keep people from examining the skin suit in any detail. It would be untoward to describe here, but let’s just say that Six is good with knots. ;)[/spoiler]

Feedback is always welcome :) I am also happy to join in all kinds of roleplaying, from brief social actions, to one-on-one roleplaying sessions, and RP groups, both in forums, on Discord, or in game. My schedule is very full, so please PM me OOC if interested and we will work out the details to make sure we’re on the same page first. Once we work out the details, I usually respond to SAs at least once a week.

[li]
[/li]
edited by Six Handed Merchant on 1/21/2020

Patrick Li- The Machiavellian Midnighter. A clever and experienced veteran spy of the Great Game who has also garnered much favor with the gentlemen in blue. A remorseless bastard who’s clawed his way up with a mixture of intrigue and ruthlessness. Some say he’s even been in the Nadir… This man is not afraid to kill. http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/profile/Patrick%20Li
edited by Patrick Li on 10/20/2017