Announcing Firmament

Firmament is Fallen London’s next major expansion, a main story arc that adds on to the game’s ongoing progression. Acquire an airship – permanently, this time. Fly to the Roof. Explore the stalactite fields ruled by the Starved Men, the carved paths of the Moon-MIsers, the inverted jungles of the Antipelago, and more.

Read all about it on our blog.

15 Likes

Acquire an airship – permanently, this time

Yeeeees finally!

1 Like

Sweet, I am looking forward to it.

1 Like

I am so so excited I literally do not have the words

6 Likes

I am so happy right now, you have no idea. I’ve been looking forward to exploring the Roof for a long time, ever since the Sunless Seas kickstarter didn’t reach the airships DLC stretch goal. But finally, here we are! And I am so ready for it.

Here’s some music to get everyone in the mood: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TZrh6eooyrg

2 Likes

Oh cool, an airship expension! That’s cool! I’m not on the same level of hype for it as you’ll(I, ah…I willingly didn’t participate in the previous estival)but I’m happy that your happy.

2 Likes

Now I’m feeling anxious about being ambushed by a horde of roof-bugs who want to show me what they think about me selling their child to Mr Fires for eternal torture. :cold_sweat:

7 Likes

The main question surely is Luggage: will there be self-aware Luggage with legs?

13 Likes

… wow. I am again and again surprised and delighted and amazed how much effort, creativity and time you are investing in this lovely project. especially after having recently learned how little actual revenue Fallen London is generating.
so, from the bottom of my heart: thank you.

6 Likes

It’s not torture! Moon-misers love being milked, so if you think about it, we actually did it a service! I swear we’re good people! Public water tastes better now!

4 Likes

Laughs in Discordance

6 Likes

How do you know about revenue? And how much is it?

1 Like

you got me, I audibly laughed at this

I am a very verbose person by nature, and when I realized exactly how often I used that phrase myself, oblivious to the irony?

I made it a personal mission of mine to force that same realization on as many people as I could. lol

3 Likes

… due to my limited grasp of English, revenue might not have been the perfect word.
but there was this article about the state of failbetter games.

3 Likes

I hope the weeks of gifts/tributes given to the Starvies as ‘cultural exchange’ helps with this new content.

4 Likes

I hope there will be an airship version of the Luxury Yacht. Scandalous parties at 5000 ft … talk about cultural exchange!

8 Likes

I imagine / hope the Hungry Little Snuffbox will shift to the Luggage category (as with the rings and whatnot becoming Adornments), if only because I acquired it entirely because the description of it reminded me so much of The Luggage.

(And maybe also become more generally available, since it was originally only part of the Prelapsarian Exhibition event. More people need Luggages.)

7 Likes

Also, I’m super excited for this expansion and the artwork up there is, as usual, gorgeous.

4 Likes

I want an airship version of a zubmarine. The ability to zubmerge while overhead would be a delightful way to demonstrate true Mastery of the Red Science.

16 Likes