Powered by Jitbit .Net Forum free trial version.

HomeFallen London » The Salons

Here you can speculate on the game’s plot, discuss its characters, and compare notes with other players.

Only Heard In Fallen London Messages in this topic - RSS

treichle
treichle

1/16/2015
Things that you've said or thought that someone from the Surface could never understand.
I am so glad that these forums are a place where it is possible to play forum games and not be trolled into oblivion.

My contribution:
I was wondering what to do the other day, and I found myself thinking:
"Noman comes first."

• --
    http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/treichle
  • +2 link
    Owen Wulf
    Owen Wulf

1/16/2015
    I am quickly running out of things for my characters to do in between content updates. So my thought process might be as such:

"What to do, what to do? Gather Screams while drinking coffee, deprive drug addicts of their Honey and learn how to read Correspondence while trying not to kill myself."

---
    edited by Owen Wulf on 1/16/2015

--
    https://www.fallenlondon.com/profile/Owen%20Wulf
    +3 link
    Marcus of the Mangrove College
    Marcus of the Mangrove College

1/16/2015
    "This is my third time dying this week!"

--
    http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Torterrable
    +4 link
    The Midnight Road
    The Midnight Road

1/16/2015
    "Oh good, I died. I was worried I'd end up insane..."

--
    The Midnight Road
    Come one, come all! I enjoy embracing all the various activities to be experienced down here in the 'Neath!
    +7 link
    Estelle Knoht
    Estelle Knoht

1/16/2015
    "Garbles, Garbles..."

"You've said that there's a certain well-known tree...that grows from nothing in a day....lives only as a sapling, dies just at its prime, when good men raise it as their idol..."

Don't know about you guys, but I missed that so much.

--
    Estelle Knoht, a juvenile, unreliable and respectable lady.
    I currently do not accept any catbox, cider, suppers, calling cards or proteges.
    +3 link
    Rupho Schartenhauer
    Rupho Schartenhauer

1/16/2015
    Byron Man wrote:
    "Garbles, Garbles..."

"You've said that there's a certain well-known tree...that grows from nothing in a day....lives only as a sapling, dies just at its prime, when good men raise it as their idol..."

Don't know about you guys, but I missed that so much.

I'm not the only one then! Off-topic, I know, but does anyone happen to know why that card was retired from the game?

--
    Rupho Schartenhauer has killed a Master, well: most of it.
    Cortez the Killer has killed a Master, definitely.
    Deepdelver has begotten a star. It's... complicated.
    Dr. Kvirkvelia, gone NORTH on 23/12/1894.
    0 link
    MartzelDePamplona
    MartzelDePamplona

1/16/2015
    "I wonder how many times I can trick the Devils into buying the same soul, and how long it will take me to get an Ubergoat that way..."

--
    Martzel De Pamplona an inescapable, sagacious and magnificent gentleman. All social actions welcome.
    +6 link
    A B Nile
    A B Nile

1/16/2015
    My place of work contains several quite odd pieces of artwork. One in particular at the top of the stairs leading to my floor depicts a group of Dickensian vagrant children, who I of course immediately associated with Fallen London's Urchins.

Thanks to my recent difficulties in locating my missing Soul from Fun with the Fisher Kings, I had taken to glaring at the picture and muttering "bastards" as I walked past it. Fortunately nobody caught me in the act prior to me reacquiring my Soul. The Urchins and I are now on good terms again!

--
    My profile: A B Nile

My alt: Zanzibar Buck-Buck McFate
    (seeking Acquaintances and accepting all social actions)

Item conversion table - finally complete with all rare successes!

Bloody, bold and resolute
    +10 link
    WormApotheote
    WormApotheote

1/16/2015
    "I should develop a drug habit so i can go to church again."

(Because must have maxed Hedonist xD)

--
    No, I don't pull the Eater of Names.
    +6 link
    Solomon Husher
    Solomon Husher

1/17/2015
    Bleh, I'm just gonna die. Chess'll be the quickest, most painless way to heal myself anyways.

--
    Solomon Husher, a most persuasive and shadow gentleman.
    Airia Saint-Clair, A watchful and persuasive young lady.
    Marcus Demorgan, a dangerous and watchful man.
    Lucas Saint-Clair, a persuasive and dangerous man.
    +3 link
    Lazaroth
    Lazaroth

1/17/2015
    "Thrice Dammit! My clothes are rebelling again!"

--
    The Perspicacious Romantic — When all the world is washed away by misery, something beautiful will still remain.
    +8 link
    Felix Merivel
    Felix Merivel

1/17/2015
    "That's genuine rat-work, I swear on my soul... wherever it is."

--
    Felix Merivel, an absent-minded soulless bastard. Frequent lodger in New Newgate.
    All manner of social interactions welcome. Even cats. I do so love cats.
    http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/FelixMerivel
    +2 link
    Cotton Dee
    Cotton Dee

1/18/2015
    "Raising my plant on rat corpses just in case I get buried alive again. Although if I'm almost dead, I'll just off myself again, save the expense on vigours."

--
    Henry Lamperouge may be found here...
    http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Henry~Lamperouge

Current Grind: 1/42 Presumptious Little Opportunites
    +2 link
    Myke Harryson
    Myke Harryson

1/18/2015
    "I'm pretty sure even devils agree that I'm a high ranking member of the Embassy of Hell at this point."

--
    Gained immortality on a throne of nevercold brass

http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Apollo~Fireweaver
    50,000 souls - 12/31/14
    3,000,000 souls 10/25/16 - 100% of goal
    Connection to Hell: 15
    22 souls, Connection to Hell 611, 10,000,000 brass - 1/16/17
    1/7/19 - The G.O.A.T. Heptagoat is born admist a storm of Engimas
    1/31/19 - The G.O.A.T. is taught the Seven-Fold knock over a snifter of Cider after my voyage NORTH

Available for Children's Parties (Midnighter)
    +3 link
    The Dark Gentleman
    The Dark Gentleman

1/19/2015
    Received in the post:

"Kind Sir, Thank you for not poisoning me. I feel much better now. Have a wonderful day! -A."

--
    The Dark Gentleman~ Social actions welcome. Menace reductions upon request. Newspaper interviews by appointment. Falconry by invitation only.
    +1 link
    Loon
    Loon

1/24/2015
    In the IRC, a sentence I wrote included "kill someone so dead that they don't wake up again."

--
    My main character Krawald can be found at http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Krawald and welcomes all social actions bar photographers.

My alt Loogan Cuthoat can be found at http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Loogan~Cuthoat and welcomes all social actions bar cats and photographers.

My alt Ally Mooney can be found at http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Ally~Mooney and welcomes all social actions including patronage, though they are a bit confused by cats in boxes.
    +1 link
    Kiptoo
    Kiptoo

2/2/2015
    Rupho Schartenhauer wrote:

I'm not the only one then! Off-topic, I know, but does anyone happen to know why that card was retired from the game?

I'm quite certain it was removed with the same reasons as other progress-increasing cards, such as the fascinating... one and the running battle.. ones. Basically, it was unbalanced in some grinds, and useless in others.

--
    My profile.
    Please do not send affluent investigators!
    0 link
    Hammond
    Hammond

2/3/2015
    ~ One part printing-press, one part steam-hammer, one part cataclysm engine. It lies panting the derelict chapel, like a chained wolf waiting for the world's juiciest rabbit. "It operates," the Professor Denuntiatus says, "on the same principle as a slint-knapper. Strike sparks, smash one thing, find another. Small truths are much more valuable than big truth, you know."

"The books go in this end," she adds helpfully. ~

Ah, the processes of London philosophy.
    edited by AgentBlueSky on 2/3/2015
    edited by AgentBlueSky on 2/3/2015

--
    Hammond

All invitations are welcome.
    {Warning: Messages sent within the forum might not be answered in a timely manner. Please forgive me, it is a bad habit I am trying to break.}
    +1 link
    dragonridingsorceress
    dragonridingsorceress

2/4/2015
    There is nothing quite so satisfying as calling the Constables on The Acacia and The Butterfly.

--
    DragonRidingSorceress is an Author of good standing. Mostly good standing. She's happy to accept any social action except Photographer and Loitering, but requests warnings before duping/poisoning/etc.

Seeker of Names is a... being with an obsession. They're willing to accept all invitations.
    One who seeks to know all that is and may be. One who dances in the silence of the void. One whose fantasies make the reality come alive.
    0 link