Powered by Jitbit .Net Forum free trial version.

HomeSunless Sea

A game of survival, trade and exploration in the universe of Fallen London

Aestival and Sea of Lilies Missing Messages in this topic - RSS

zwol
zwol

1/11/2015
On my older save, I have officers who want me to go to Aestival and the Sea of Lilies. I have visited every map tile on this save, and as far as I can tell, neither of those places exist. Is it necessary to start a new character (thus allowing the map to regenerate) post-Diamond for these places to exist?

(The Diamond update did add a fleshed-out Irem and the Sea of Statues for this save, but there is still a tile on the eastern border of the map that says "This part of the Unterzee has not yet been created" and nothing more, and at least three other placeholder tiles of this or that sort (e.g. "The world is webbed with invisible lines...".)
0 link
Owen Wulf
Owen Wulf

1/11/2015
I too am missing a landmass with the absence of Kingeaters Castle. I am on the original vanilla map so that may explain some discrepancies (perhaps).

--
Owen Wulf's Profile Lanzo Hoffman’s Profile Lukas Uller’s Profile
0 link
Fretling
Fretling

1/11/2015
I don't think "invisible lines" is a placeholder message, it's just what you get when you cross one of the "longitude" lines. I was able to visit the new Irem, Kingeater's Castle, Aestival, etc., without starting a new character.
0 link
Casidy2
Casidy2

1/12/2015
I've got the latest version downloaded, and I've got everything except the sea of lillies - FB have said that you have to start a new game to get this (which is prety galling, and they haven't explained why), but the other locations should be available. If it helps, the Castle is in the very bottom right hand corner for me.

--
"The waters were gathered together, the floods slept in the Sun's blindness, and the depths rose like the Moon, in the light at the edge of the Sea."
0 link
Ewan C.
Ewan C.

1/12/2015
As one point of info, I am still playing the very first character I ever started way back at the very start of Beta - death has never been a worry, he says with wood firmly clasped - and the Sea of Lilies is certainly there for me. Aestival also appeared with the latest update (Yey! Ewan's Way!), as did Kingeater's castle. So I don't think that it's a saved-game issue.
edited by Ewan C. on 1/12/2015
0 link
zwol
zwol

1/19/2015
So I've started a new map now and I have the Sea of Lilies, but I still can't find Aestival. Could someone please describe in general terms what the tile it's in is supposed to look like, and what part of the map it typically spawns in? (Several NPCs told me "in the far East" but I've checked the entire eastern edge of the map and it's not any of those.)
0 link
lady ciel
lady ciel

1/19/2015
Aestival is on one of the tiles that says it is unfinished so if you have any of those in the far East have a good look around that tile it might be there.

--
ciel

Sorry RL means I am not a very active player at the moment. No social actions unless you are prepared to wait and definitely no sparring or other mult-action things.

No Calling Cards or boxed cats please. Will take dupes on the affluent photographers. Other social invitations welcome. Parabolan Kittens usually available, send me an in-game social action saying you want one and I will get one to you as soon as possible.

storynexus name - reveurciel
0 link
Fretling
Fretling

1/19/2015
If you come across the Aquazoric Abyss, it should be around thereabouts.
0 link
Gregg Johnson
Gregg Johnson

3/11/2015
Casidy2 wrote:
I've got the latest version downloaded, and I've got everything except the sea of lillies - FB have said that you have to start a new game to get this (which is prety galling, and they haven't explained why), but the other locations should be available.

Presumably because the layout of the map is stored in your savefile, rather than reloaded from the raw (and newly updated) data files.
0 link