Powered by Jitbit .Net Forum free trial version.

HomeSunless Sea

A game of survival, trade and exploration in the universe of Fallen London

What do they say about Sunless Sea, across the sea Messages in this topic - RSS

Estelle Knoht
Estelle Knoht

1/11/2015
I saw a Chinese article on Sunless Sea. They are not very familiar with FL and there's a language barrier so :P

黑暗的水域上充满了神秘和危险,作为一位船长,我们不仅需要为自己的舰艇准备充足的燃料和食物,还必须和船员们的恐惧感进行抗争。比如游戏开始不久,我们 就能接到一组特殊的乘客,因为特殊的宗教信仰,他们希望能够在活着的时候就进行海葬,并在上船之前就将自己封在棺材里,搭乘你的货仓前往北方;我们还会在 一个荒僻的岛屿上遭遇一群疯疯癫癫的女人,你可以接受她们的邀请去海边的山洞中吃饭。这样做虽然能让你们的船员获得一顿免费的晚餐,可由于主人们准备的菜 肴和行为实在太过诡异,你的船员们会在这次旅行后增加恐惧感。

Rough Translation:
The dark sea is full of perils and mystery. As a captain, we not only have to prepare sufficient food and fuels, but also to manage the fear of the crew.

For example, in the early game we can receive a group of unusual passengers, who wish for burial at sea while they are still alive due to their unique religious beliefs, and have sealed themselves inside coffins before going on your ship towards north.

We will also meet a bunch of crazy women on a distant island, you can accept their invitation for dinner inside a seaside cave. This get your crew a free dinner, but also fear because of the strange dishes and behaviors of your hosts.

I think they are talking about the Hunter's Keep (CRAZY CAVEWOMEN) and the Tomb-Colonies (who are now drownies).

Other highlight includes:
-There's a classical delicateness to the hand-drawn graphics of Sunless Sea (The article praised the graphics a lot)
-The game's very roguelike
-Like a darker, maturer Uncharted Waters with the essence of Fallout
-Very refreshing whether the game succeeds or not

--
Estelle Knoht, a juvenile, unreliable and respectable lady.
I currently do not accept any catbox, cider, suppers, calling cards or proteges.
0 link
Fretling
Fretling

1/11/2015
Cool! Do you have a link to the full article?

edit: NVM, found it

I like the naturalistic explanation for London's fall :P

edit edit: This post editor lied, this isn't HTML mode, this is BBcode mode or something
edited by Fretling on 1/11/2015
0 link
Aximillio
Aximillio

1/11/2015
Fretling wrote:
Cool! Do you have a link to the full article?

edit: NVM, found it

I like the naturalistic explanation for London's fall :P

edit edit: This post editor lied, this isn't HTML mode, this is BBcode mode or something
edited by Fretling on 1/11/2015

BBCode mode sounds correct =)

--
Possibly returned after a long hiatus. Please do not send live rats or tournament requests.
0 link