Powered by Jitbit .Net Forum free trial version.

HomeSunless Sea

A game of survival, trade and exploration in the universe of Fallen London

The Fathomking and Resurrections Messages in this topic - RSS

Jules Asimov
Jules Asimov

12/17/2014
So I had the brisk campainer for a while, but I put off doing her story, and now she's dead. I was slightly frowny about this until I remembered that the Fathomking is supposed to be able to bring back the dead. And the Campainer was thrown to the sea, so what I want to know is can I get the campainer back? Or is she dead forever?

--
https://www.fallenlondon.com/profile/Jules%20Asimov
0 link
Diptych
Diptych
Administrator

12/18/2014
Yes, I believe he can bring her back! It's bloody expensive, so I've never done it myself, and I can't tell you how it affects her quest, but the option is there.

--
Sir Frederick, the Libertarian Esotericist. Lord Hubris, the Bloody Baron.
Juniper Brown, the Ill-Fated Orphan. Esther Ellis-Hall, the Fashionable Fabian.
0 link
Jules Asimov
Jules Asimov

12/18/2014
The cost man! What is the cost?! I need to know if It's worth it or if I should concentrate on finding the cheolate, which I never can!
edited by Jules Asimov on 12/18/2014

--
https://www.fallenlondon.com/profile/Jules%20Asimov
0 link
organicmcgee
organicmcgee

12/18/2014
She's not cheap. You'll need at least seven pieces of scintillac and seven treasures, among other things. I'd say the cost is around 8000 echoes, and she isn't the same once the FathomKing returns her to you (I cannot call it a resurrection). The stat bonuses that she provides when equipped are different though, and she no longer gives upgrades for secrets, alas.
0 link
Diptych
Diptych
Administrator

12/18/2014
Interesting! A different change than the one she undergoes when you complete her quest, I'm guessing?

--
Sir Frederick, the Libertarian Esotericist. Lord Hubris, the Bloody Baron.
Juniper Brown, the Ill-Fated Orphan. Esther Ellis-Hall, the Fashionable Fabian.
0 link
organicmcgee
organicmcgee

12/18/2014
NO idea. She died before she finished her quest.
0 link
Casidy2
Casidy2

12/19/2014
No: the resurrected Campaigner is the same as if you finish her quest without using the Fathomking (without being too spoilery, she sort of dies either way).

--
"The waters were gathered together, the floods slept in the Sun's blindness, and the depths rose like the Moon, in the light at the edge of the Sea."
0 link