Powered by Jitbit .Net Forum free trial version.

HomeSunless Sea

A game of survival, trade and exploration in the universe of Fallen London

Venturer's Venture - am I missing something? Messages in this topic - RSS

Ewan C.
Ewan C.

11/12/2014
I have this at 3 - "A Dream and a Scheme" - and have returned to FL with the requested items; but the Venturer is nowhere to be found. Is this luck-based, or should I be doing something else?
  • 0 link
    Ewan C.
    Ewan C.

11/12/2014
    Note: I have sat in the FL dock now 8 times waiting for 'Something Awaits' to reset, and re-docked each time - so I think it's not that. Is there somewhere else I was directed to go and have forgotten, perchance? smile
    0 link
    leinaD_natipaC
    leinaD_natipaC

11/12/2014
    Hey, are you saying your 'something awaits' doesn't reset? Because I'm having exactly that problem. I don't know about any venturer problems though.
    0 link
    Ewan C.
    Ewan C.

11/13/2014
    Nope - 'Something Awaits' resets fine. The Venturer is MIA, though, and my hold is full of Scintillack and Romance novels, very irritating..
    0 link
    babelfishwars
    babelfishwars
    Administrator

11/13/2014
    Can you guys message support? (Re the Venturer)

--
    Mars, God of Fish; Leaning Tower of Fish
    0 link
    Ewan C.
    Ewan C.

11/13/2014
    Sure.
    0 link
    Ewan C.
    Ewan C.

11/24/2014
    Any updates on this, perchance? Or am I the only one having the issue? smile
    0 link
    Ewan C.
    Ewan C.

11/24/2014
    And while I am here and feeling clueless - OK, I have 'Vital Intelligence' but cannot find the fabled Voracious Diplomat - might some kind soul direct me? Thanks..
    0 link
    Sam Powick
    Sam Powick

11/25/2014
    Ewan C. wrote:
    And while I am here and feeling clueless - OK, I have 'Vital Intelligence' but cannot find the fabled Voracious Diplomat - might some kind soul direct me? Thanks..

Vital Intelligence is submitted to the Admiral just like normal strategic information. He then redirects you to the Diplomat who appears as a permanent docked storylet in the column with the others.

--
    Sides with them at any opportunity. Studies them. Waits for the opportune time.
    http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Sam~Powick
    0 link
    lady ciel
    lady ciel

11/25/2014
    I don't know about that I gave the Admiral the Vital Intelligence, spoke to him about the Diplomat and still haven't seen him. I don't know if there is an additional requirement to get him to show up.

--
    ciel

Sorry RL means I am not a very active player at the moment. No social actions unless you are prepared to wait and definitely no sparring or other mult-action things.

No Calling Cards or boxed cats please. Will take dupes on the affluent photographers. Other social invitations welcome. Parabolan Kittens usually available, send me an in-game social action saying you want one and I will get one to you as soon as possible.

storynexus name - reveurciel
    0 link
    Ewan C.
    Ewan C.

11/25/2014
    lady ciel wrote:
    I don't know about that I gave the Admiral the Vital Intelligence, spoke to him about the Diplomat and still haven't seen him. I don't know if there is an additional requirement to get him to show up.

Ditto.
    0 link
    lady ciel
    lady ciel

11/25/2014
    And I've finally met the Diplomat, but he didn't show up until I refused the last step of the Merchant Venturer. I'm not sure if there is a link or not but it would be very irritating if you can only have one of them at a time.

--
    ciel

Sorry RL means I am not a very active player at the moment. No social actions unless you are prepared to wait and definitely no sparring or other mult-action things.

No Calling Cards or boxed cats please. Will take dupes on the affluent photographers. Other social invitations welcome. Parabolan Kittens usually available, send me an in-game social action saying you want one and I will get one to you as soon as possible.

0 link
    Liam Welton
    Liam Welton

11/25/2014
    Hi there,

It may be that you are experiencing an issue we are aware of where you aren't receiving all your available story options. We're aware of this issue and it will be addressed in the upcoming patch. Once implemented, you'll be able to check the story tab of your gazetteer to see all of your storylets (not just the first 8, which appear in the bottom right hand side of the screen).
    edited by challis on 11/25/2014

--
    Unity Developer | Failbetter Games
    +1 link
    Ewan C.
    Ewan C.

11/25/2014
    This appears to be the case for me, noted in case others have the same issue. For instance, I have not acquired a tattoo, and that's occupying one of the slots (there appears to be a consistent priority). Thanks, Liam.
    edited by Ewan C. on 11/25/2014
    0 link
    lady ciel
    lady ciel

11/25/2014
    That explains why completing the Merchant Venturer caused the Diplomat to appear ... it opened up a space. I suppose if I had got a Tattoo it would have done the same thing smile

--
    ciel

0 link