Powered by Jitbit .Net Forum free trial version.

HomeFallen London » Mr Pages’ Fabularities

“An archive of things that never happened”. An in-character forum for fanfiction and roleplaying. Beware - spoilers abound!

Forum game: Ask the character! Messages in this topic - RSS

ceradona
ceradona

1/28/2019
AmeliaDC wrote:
Question: How do you prefer your mushroom prepared?

I once had mushrooms prepared with eel and muter-salt. The cook was terribly amused at their joke that the guests were speechless.
The food was much better than the joke, though I may decline muter-salt for the next few months.

Question: Who has been foolish enough to drink zee-water on a voyage, especially if they had lost a bet?
edited by ceradona on 1/28/2019
0 link
Screedius
Screedius

2/6/2019
ceradona wrote:
Question: Who has been foolish enough to drink zee-water on a voyage, especially if they had lost a bet?
edited by ceradona on 1/28/2019

Certainly a zailor in dire straits after days without water might be tempted, but not one would take so much as a sip until they reached their very wits end with desperation, and even then they'd only find their thirst exacerbated and their death hastened. Given the less-than-final nature of death in the neath, however, this typically results in a desiccated and salt-cured variety of cadaver that zee-monsters find deliciously addicting. I'm told by an acquaintance from the tomb colonies that the inside of such monsters is a rather dull place to pass the time.

As far as losing a bet, I suppose there are worse things to ingest. I remember once I made a bet with a clerk in the dept. of menace eradication, and the loser was "treated" to a 7-course meal... prepared by the chefs at the Brass Embassy. I was laid up for nearly a month after that...

But I digress...

Question: What scientific advancement do you believe is most needed in the neath?
edited by Screedius on 2/6/2019
0 link
Gul al-Ahlaam
Gul al-Ahlaam

2/15/2019
Do you know they have telephone lines in Hell?
Well, they might have been telephone lines. It's entirely possible they may have been whiskers, or trails of ants doing a sort of trapeze act. It's so hard to be certain with these things, in Hell especially. They're so very polite about it though. Why, I once spent a whole afternoon deposited in a sort of smelting because... well, that's not important, but suffice it to say when they retrieved me they were utter charming about the whole misunderstanding, and we even got to linger in the library, and... what was... oh! Telephones!
Yes, like they have on the surface, only prettier. We ought to have those in London! And while perhaps we couldn't run lines across the roof, we might very well run them through a mirror in one place and out in another! Imagine being able to make a phone call to a friend in the... well, not the Khanate, but in Port Carnelian perhaps! Wouldn't that be just dreamy?

Do you cultivate friends from far afield? If you do, how far could you sail from London and still have a friend with whom to stay the night?

--
The Uncanny Hierophant.
The Delicate Princeling.
0 link
Osborn Draiss
Osborn Draiss

2/15/2019
Gul al-Ahlaam wrote:
Do you know they have telephone lines in Hell?

Do you cultivate friends from far afield? If you do, how far could you sail from London and still have a friend with whom to stay the night?

I try my best. Unfortunately, I'm not very good at the whole not pissing people off thing. So the farthest I could go would probably be Wisdom, in the Sea of Lilies. He's not someone I'd want to stay the night with, however, based on the fact that Wisdom is a massive prison, and he's... not in a position of power, shall we say. So realistically, I could zail to London and that would be it.

Question: Given the chance, would you go to the Elder Continent? And if it's different from the obvious reasons, you know, being immortal, why?
edited by Osborn Draiss on 2/15/2019

--
Osborn Draiss, a bumbling idiot who doesn't know what he's doing.

If you, for some unknowable reason, want to contact me, you can find me at https://www.fallenlondon.com/profile/Osborn%20Draiss. I am always interested in new friends.
0 link
Maxie Stark
Maxie Stark

2/16/2019
Osborn Draiss wrote:

Question: Given the chance, would you go to the Elder Continent? And if it's different from the obvious reasons, you know, being immortal, why?
edited by Osborn Draiss on 2/15/2019

If I ever got the opportunity to go? Perhaps I would. Y'know, it's all those mysteries and allure that just... pull you to a place. Will we ever know what the Elder Continent holds? Just so long as it doesn't involve zailing. I get zee-sick.

Now my question: Has the thought of finding a forbidden Name intrigued you at all?

--
Profile link: https://www.fallenlondon.com/profile/SassmasterMaxie

Accepting most social actions!
0 link
Sir Wensleydale of Hardwick
Sir Wensleydale of Hardwick

2/16/2019
Yes on both characters.
Sir Wensleydale is a bit of a scholar of that topic, though his duties at Port Carnelian and Doubt Street have priority.
Mr Netae actively seeks, and is open to any harmful social actions. Surely at least one of them will help them seek the name! They're also a bit of a jerk.

Question: How do you run your newspaper?
edited by Sir Wensleydale of Hardwick on 2/16/2019

--
Sir Wensleydale of Hardwick- Riverside Regular, Newspaper Editor, Legendary Charisma.

Mr Netae- SEEKING MR EATEN'S NAME

Aaron Wimbleton- Private Detective. Some Medical Experience.

https://www.fallenlondon.com/profile/Aaron%20Wimbleton
0 link
Azothi
Azothi

2/16/2019
Sir Wensleydale of Hardwick wrote:
Question: How do you run your newspaper?
The imprecise answer is "Not much." From a practical standpoint, I've not used Doubt Street much (only for Affair of the Box and for Election 1895). I'm planning on using it more in the future, but I still need to rebuild my honey-well to sponsor voyages to the Deconstruction, so bearing that in mind I probably won't be able to gather the necessary resources for that until at least after the Election, since I first have the Great Work to (not) see through and the parallel grind for Master's Blood. But once the Bishop has gathered a mountain of serpents to wage war against Hell, I'm sure there'll be time to publish.

Aletheia is the name of my character's newspaper, and that speaks to its purpose: parrhesia. This is not speaking truth to power - those in power know the truth, and they must try to conceal it - but rather offering dissection and examination of society, whether it's in the form of meritorious reporting or scandalous exposure. And, of course, it takes advantage of that to try to create revolutionary support and encode meaningful information to revolutionary agents, though the reporting itself seeks a neutral, editorial tone - a well-informed populace is one that has the right to choose to defy the Laws and the masters above.

Question: What pleasures have you taken part in this Feast of the Rose?
edited by Azothi on 2/16/2019

--
Azoth I, the Emissary of Cardinals - A Paramount Presence (not currently accepting new Proteges)
Away to where the Chain cannot bind us.
Hesperidean.
0 link
Maxie Stark
Maxie Stark

2/16/2019
Azothi wrote:

Question: What pleasures have you taken part in this Feast of the Rose?
edited by Azothi on 2/16/2019

Some would argue that my endeavours have been... well, scandalous. But when there are such spectactular dfances on? You can't help but indulge. More so if you can barter for a kiss from Sinning Jenny. Her price is high but lemme tell you, she is a good kisser.

My question to you: What is the strangest yet most memorable honey-dream that you've had?

--
Profile link: https://www.fallenlondon.com/profile/SassmasterMaxie

Accepting most social actions!
0 link
Honeyaddict
Honeyaddict

3/13/2019
Maxie Stark wrote:

My question to you: What is the strangest yet most memorable honey-dream that you've had?

A Honeydream where I was stuck in an ordinary nine to five job as typist at Mr. Pages Censoring Office... God that was boring!

What is your favourite book from a Neathy writer?

--
Honeyaddict, Scarlet Saint, Paramount Presence
pleasure to meet you.

Has some ideas the Masters won't approve of like some items and establishing a Colony in Parabola.

I will accept most social interactions (not duping). I do enjoy role playing as well.
Have some possibly still active codes!
0 link
the old man
the old man

10/10/2019
What is your favourite book from a Neathy writer?
the man so bandadged he may as well be a tomb colonist chuckles lost in the myst the enjoyment was not so much in reading it as getting it off the censors
my question to you if the masters offered to make you one of them would you take it

--
an old man from the colony's mentioning his name to the right people might get you help to the wrong a beating
https://www.fallenlondon.com/profile/The%20old%20man
no plant battles please for the love of god
0 link
Vladison Ianchester
Vladison Ianchester

10/31/2019
the old man wrote:
my question to you if the masters offered to make you one of them would you take it

That is quite the question good sir. Gives me a lot to consider. Oh, if only I had my Darkdrop to help me think...
Sorry, getting away from the subject. I would definitely have to make a lot of research before accepting just to know what I am getting into, but with what I know now of them... yes?...maybe... Is it strange that I find their mysterious personalities more tempting than the promise of power or the privilege of becoming such a higher bei... ok now I am talking too much again, but screw it it is Hallowmass. Everyone gives out confessions.

And from you I ask, "Of all the mystic, mysterious and frankly bizarre creatures of the Neath, which would you choose as a roommate and why?"
Of course, considering they don't try to kill you right away. Or can get easily killed in those circumstances. Or is prone to.... oh gods, how many things to consider! All for just one room! Oh wait, I am not the one that must answer.
edited by Vlad on 10/31/2019

--
The Undecided Scholar.
Came looking for Correspondence and found gold in the Nadir.
Hard to piece together all the missing pieces in those faded mysteries, but enough darkdrop coffee should offer more than enough late hours. Good against Fingerkings too.
0 link
the old man
the old man

10/31/2019
Vladison Ianchester wrote:
Of all the mystic, mysterious and frankly bizarre creatures of the Neath, which would you choose as a roommate and why?"
Of course, considering they don't try to kill you right away. Or can get easily killed in those circumstances. Or is prone to.... oh gods, how many things to consider! All for just one room! Oh wait, I am not the one that must answer.

under the assumption it cant be human or l.b that would defy the point the eater of chains we get on like a house on fire
my question to you stay in London forever or live in the surface forever
the old man an intresting man loyal kind idealistic just don't mention his name in venderbight the court the university new new gate the royal beth the iron republic and half of London maybe just don't mention his name at all but maybe the intelligent thing is to not make his acquaintance he does make magnificent company
edited by the old man on 10/31/2019
edited by the old man on 10/31/2019

--
an old man from the colony's mentioning his name to the right people might get you help to the wrong a beating
0 link
Doctor_Static
Doctor_Static

11/3/2019
Well, Old Man - one hates to think of Forever, nevermind, it being Constrained to A singular Domain, tsk. I should rather imagine, should i be "i", for Ever, and keep things interesting, somehow, o'er eternities ... then i might outlast London, Neath, and the Surface-As-We-Know-It, if not even jolly Eldest Mother Earth, the Gaia - if only, as Her extention, After All . . .

A 'musemeant to ponder,
(best answered by Glovers, Hatters, and Monster-Breeders of the Labyrinth of Tigers, perhap) :

What things, fused a-la Spider-Council, or, say, like unto yon "Rubbery Cat" - what uniquities or species might you wish to merge / create - in a "Lacre Laboratory" ?

My own gnotion for Hallows : A jaunty, jagged bear-trap-bite JAG-O-LANTERN-SPIDER : (teeth need depth, yet & colours went a bit "carrot" on me, really - done by candlelight) :
from Psmyth's Sketchbooks - "JAG-O-LANTERN-SPIDER - in four spectra -"

edited by Doctor_Static on 11/3/2019
edited by Doctor_Static on 11/3/2019

--
.: yr hmbl svnt -:- Yggdrasil 'Drazzle' Fawlty Psmyth -:- Citizen, Esquire, Anarch, Author -:-

. . . Life's a Riddle. The World's a Game. Love is a Mystery. Reality is a Dream. Time is a Song. Mind is a Word. Anarch Is Logos . . . Magick IS Afoot . . . And - the Game of The Game is a Name of a Name!

-:- (18, 18, 18, 25, 02 - 07, 04, 20, 19 - 13, 13, 13, 13 - 12, 09, 02, 01, 04) -:-

https://www.fallenlondon.com/profile/Yggdrasil%20%22Drazzle%22%20Fawlty%20Psmyth/15810926
https://community.failbettergames.com/messages.aspx?TopicID=6&Page=46#post235960
0 link
the old man
the old man

28 days ago
Doctor_Static wrote:

A 'musemeant to ponder,
(best answered by Glovers, Hatters, and Monster-Breeders of the Labyrinth of Tigers, perhap) :

What things, fused a-la Spider-Council, or, say, like unto yon "Rubbery Cat" - what uniquities or species might you wish to merge / create - in a "Lacre Laboratory" ?

devious ravon adviser with the eater of chains brains brawn and a tast for brains the perfect creature and bent to my will I could bring down the masters without resorting to the liberation
my question if you could extend the immortality of the neath to the surface would you
edited by the old man on 11/13/2019

--
0 link
8BitFey
8BitFey

27 days ago
the old man wrote:
My question if you could extend the immortality of the neath to the surface would you?

The Butchering Doll would tap the side of the cheek with her finger. "Well, I don't see why not!" She'd grin, tucking standards of golden locks past her ear. "But I'd make sure to sell for heaps and heaps of money!" The young longshanks would laugh. "Suckers would be giving up everything, keeping me drowning in money! Sounds like a good deal.~" She smirked.

She'd lean in as she ask the next question, her smile only getting bigger.

"Now, tell me, do you think revenge is a dish best served cold? Something to plan and wait out? Or would you want to get things done as soon as possible, to make them pay quickly and swiftly?"

--
[The Raging Huntsman] [The Ambitious Troubadour] [The Butchering Doll] [The Braindead Archiver]

[The Erratic Artificer] [The Effervescent Songbird] [The Foolish Photographer] [The Hourless Illustrator]
0 link
the old man
the old man

27 days ago
8BitFey wrote:

She'd lean in as she ask the next question, her smile only getting bigger.

"Now, tell me, do you think revenge is a dish best served cold? Something to plan and wait out? Or would you want to get things done as soon as possible, to make them pay quickly and swiftly?"

the old man smiles grimly and takes a swig of greyfileds reminds me of a question I was asked so many years ago on the surface old nemeses of mine had him at my mercy I let him go and over the corse of five years destroyed and killed everything he loved brought him back to the same place executed those people still loyal to him and hung drew and quartered him I think that answers both your questions actually why I went here
my question why did you come to the surface
edited by the old man on 11/15/2019

--
0 link
Hymenaeus
Hymenaeus

15 days ago
the old man wrote:
why did you come to the surface

Having already removed his cumbersome hat, Hymenaeus fiddled his fingers along the rim of it for some time before finally deciding to answer. As he did, he reached for his already packed pipe that sit on the mahogany mantle beside him and lit the bowl. He squinted a little as the smoke hit his eyes from the first inhalation.
"All young men and women of the Neath have these desires. Such romantic, poetical notions of experiencing something better..." He twirled around a side of his beard that protruded sharply down from his chin. "Something better than this," he finally finished. "But now that I've seen it with my own eyes, I can say it is not nearly as glorious as one may assume. The people are no different to anywhere else. What matters is what you bring with you. That is what determines that you shall find.

"I would ask of you: Do you have a touch of religious fervor about you, or are you more concerned with the pursuits of academia? Or, perhaps, are you interested in the bridge that joins the two?"
edited by Hymenaeus on 11/26/2019

--
Hymenaeus, a radical academic and philosopher balancing on the tightrope of infernal and aristocratic allegiance. Celestial poet, tinkerer, teacher, vehemently British.
0 link
Catherine Raymond
Catherine Raymond

14 days ago
Hymenaeus wrote:
["I would ask of you: Do you have a touch of religious fervor about you, or are you more concerned with the pursuits of academia? Or, perhaps, are you interested in the bridge that joins the two?"

Not in the slightest. I have seen so many folk drawn to their doom by a certain kind of quasi-religious fervor that I have lost count. Instead, I have devoted myself to two interrelated goals: To preserve London from the forces that would destroy her, and to advance the study of the Correspondence. I see the second as a necessary precondition of the first.

Now for my question: "Do you believe that the Liberation of Night will prevail? Why?"

--
Cathy Raymond
http://fallenlondon.com/Profile/cathyr19355

Catherine Raymond aka Mrs. Rykar Malkus http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Catherine%20Raymond (Gone NORTH)
0 link
the old man
the old man

14 days ago
Catherine Raymond wrote:

Now for my question: "Do you believe that the Liberation of Night will prevail? Why?"

the old man sighs I believe it will their are enough people who wish for freedom from all laws and tyrants that they are willing to damn us all though I hope it never will succeed I want to free London but not that much
my question what do you think of the north bound

--
0 link
NotaWalrus
NotaWalrus

13 days ago
I am in regular correspondence correspondence with one of the northbound. Not what you'd call a lovely lass but she does feed me such delicious nuggets of information on what she learns. I simply cannot stay mad at her for that time she tried to kill me, or that time she succeeded in killing me.

My question: What are your Christmas plans?

--
http://fallenlondon.com/Profile/NotaWalrus
Ignacious, the Licentious Scholar, he will accept most social invitations, including boxed cats and affluent photographers (but only betrayals), though he is absent-minded and might take more time than entirely necessary. He apologizes.

Good evening from Ignacious
Ignacious's Backtory
0 link