Powered by Jitbit .Net Forum free trial version.

HomeSunless Sea

A game of survival, trade and exploration in the universe of Fallen London

torpedoes? Messages in this topic - RSS

Rapiere
Rapiere

10/16/2014
I have a 'gun' capable of sending torpedoes, plus I have torpedo parts in my hold. How do I use them, what do they do?
0 link
SouthSea Rutherby
SouthSea Rutherby

10/17/2014
  • Since the Steel update, I'm afraid I haven't tested the Torpedoes. Prior to Steel, Torpedoes were expendable ammunition (you bought a certain number and that's all you could fire, but they did more damage to ships, in theory). The problem back then was that Flensing weapons -- which damaged both hull and crew -- were the most powerful weapons because they were more powerful against both monsters and ships (monsters because they do more damage to living things, ships because no ship had a large enough crew to withstand many flensing attacks). Therefore, the torpedoes needed rebalancing, and most veteran players have been going without Torpedo components for weeks or even months now.
  • The best advice I can give would be to check your expendables bar -- the place where the strange catch, unclear device, etc -- are selectable. But make sure you purchase torpedo components in London first! You can only fire torpedoes if you have them.
  • Try them out and let us know if it works! I'd love to know if they've been rebalanced.

--
    Now the proud captain of Mr. Eaten's Revenge
  • 0 link
    Rapiere
    Rapiere

10/17/2014
    There is nothing in the ability bar for torpedoes, that's the problem.
    0 link
    Diptych
    Diptych
    Administrator

10/18/2014
    Having just tested it out, it appears that torpedoes are not fully implemented yet! A torpedo-gun doesn't seem to do any more damage to ships than a regular cannon, and firing it doesn't use up torpedo components.

--
    Sir Frederick, the Libertarian Esotericist. Lord Hubris, the Bloody Baron.
    Juniper Brown, the Ill-Fated Orphan. Esther Ellis-Hall, the Fashionable Fabian.
    +1 link