Powered by Jitbit .Net Forum free trial version.

HomeSunless Sea

A game of survival, trade and exploration in the universe of Fallen London

Uninstalling stand-alone installation after Steam? Messages in this topic - RSS

Lashkar
Lashkar

9/11/2014
I bought my copy of SS before the Steam release but later went on to install via Steam. I sometimes accidentally click on the shortcut to the *.exe in the Windows start menu by mistake, instead of the one that says steam://rungameid/xxxxx and only realise the mistake when the saved game opens in a weird condition, like map centered on the Dawn Machine and ship can't move.

Is the Steam thing just a shortcut that eventually points at the *.exe in the original folder, or is it actually a whole separate installation? If I uninstall Sunless Sea in Windows > Control Panel > Programs what happens?

--
Wriothesley: Call me "Risley". My first character, around midgame
Asesina Ballenas: whale killer. Alt, recently PoSI
Happy to accept most social actions; will help with menace reduction if it's reciprocated.
0 link
Flyte
Flyte
Administrator

9/11/2014
Uninstalling it is the best fix for this. Don't worry -- it won't delete your saves.

Sunless Sea should appear twice in the list of programs you can uninstall: once as the Steam version, and once as the old standalone version you installed from Humble Bundle. I think the Humble Bundle one will have a version number after the name, but it should be easy to re-download from Steam if you end up removing both or the wrong one.
0 link