Powered by Jitbit .Net Forum free trial version.

HomeFallen London » The Salons

Here you can speculate on the game’s plot, discuss its characters, and compare notes with other players.

Fate-Locked Content Messages in this topic - RSS

Lady Karnstein
Lady Karnstein
Posts: 341

6/6/2020
Zeel wrote:
In terms of the Fate-Locked Story 'Discernment', could anybody tell me why it's not popular? As a Hell-affiliated entity the premise seems quite interesting, and yet based on the reddit ranking of Fate stories it's one of the lowest. Any tips as to why?


If you don't go with the flow in terms of going along with the infernal hijinx, the story ends fairly quickly and you miss a large chunk. This is the case for a few stories, but I suspect a larger percent of players were just not okay with what was going on there. Aside from that I don't recall it being particularly good or bad. I rank it lower less because I thought it was a bad story more because I just did not get that much out of it.

--
Lady Caroline Karnstein, The Moral Hedonist (Description)
Infamous writer, artist, and courtesan. Unrepentant Invert. Hesperidean.
Paramount Presence, Correspondent, Nocturnal. Poet Laureate of the Neath, Ambassador to Arbor
+2 link
Zeel
Zeel
Posts: 292

6/6/2020
Lady Karnstein wrote:
Zeel wrote:
In terms of the Fate-Locked Story 'Discernment', could anybody tell me why it's not popular? As a Hell-affiliated entity the premise seems quite interesting, and yet based on the reddit ranking of Fate stories it's one of the lowest. Any tips as to why?


If you don't go with the flow in terms of going along with the infernal hijinx, the story ends fairly quickly and you miss a large chunk. This is the case for a few stories, but I suspect a larger percent of players were just not okay with what was going on there. Aside from that I don't recall it being particularly good or bad. I rank it lower less because I thought it was a bad story more because I just did not get that much out of it.




Thank you very much. As a spirifer I find the premise interesting, I think I will give it a shot afterall. I know where my loyalties lie.

--
http://www.fallenlondon.com/Profile/Zeel - Zeel, also known as the Hollow Hellion. A soulless, heartless, empty individual who will only deal with those who are advantageous to him.
http://www.fallenlondon.com/Profile/Jass The Sly Socialite, or the Devious Rogue, depending where you see her. Jass lives a double life, alternating between the God-fearing, popular socialite and one of the many crime-lords of London.
https://www.fallenlondon.com/profile/The%20Associate The Newest of the Cabal.
IF YOU WANT A PARABOLAN KITTEN please send me a social engagement or menace reduction to either account.
+1 link
NotaWalrus
NotaWalrus
Posts: 298

6/6/2020
For what it's worth, Discernment is one of my favorites, so I can heartily recommend it.

--
http://fallenlondon.com/Profile/NotaWalrus
Ignacious, the Fluid Professor, he will accept most social invitations, including boxed cats and affluent photographers (but only betrayals), though he is absent-minded and might take more time than entirely necessary. He apologizes.
+1 link
Zeel
Zeel
Posts: 292

6/12/2020
NotaWalrus wrote:
For what it's worth, Discernment is one of my favorites, so I can heartily recommend it.




Ended up playing it. Didn't take the option I wanted to [spoiler] taking his soul for myself [/spoiler] because I thought it would prematurely end the story. For anyone else interested it's definitely a fun and interesting story but it's incredibly short compared to any of the other exceptional stories and is not worth the full price. If it were 25 Fate I would call it a worthwhile purchase.

--
http://www.fallenlondon.com/Profile/Zeel - Zeel, also known as the Hollow Hellion. A soulless, heartless, empty individual who will only deal with those who are advantageous to him.
http://www.fallenlondon.com/Profile/Jass The Sly Socialite, or the Devious Rogue, depending where you see her. Jass lives a double life, alternating between the God-fearing, popular socialite and one of the many crime-lords of London.
https://www.fallenlondon.com/profile/The%20Associate The Newest of the Cabal.
IF YOU WANT A PARABOLAN KITTEN please send me a social engagement or menace reduction to either account.
0 link
Mr Bip
Mr Bip
Posts: 1

7/28/2020
So, I unlocked "Flint" and began it a while back. Then got distracted by all the new content, and only just resumed today. I can barely remember any of it. I took my ship to Apis Meet, and when I got there, exhausted all the options multiple times (paying bribes to stay for multiple days), but without any obvious narrative progress. I returned to London and tried again, to no avail. My "Seeking a Prison of Flint" is 2000 - "Sought and Found". Can anyone point me in the right direction to progress this story?

TIA
0 link
Meradine Heidenreich
Meradine Heidenreich
Posts: 511

7/28/2020
@ Mr. Bip

If you do a search on here for Flint, you'll find the two discussion threads for part 1 & part 2. If I remember correctly, the information should be in part 2 (I'm not being secretive here, I just can't remember any more, and that's how I found out).

--
https://www.fallenlondon.com/profile/Meradine%20Heidenreich

The Starveling kit
Gobbled up the bit
of cheese on my tray ..
"O Weh!"

No plant battles, please.
0 link
Quidam
Quidam
Posts: 89

7/29/2020
[spoiler] In the early morning, you need to visit the zoo. However, you will need Presbyterate Passwords. I was confused at this section too. Also, whatever you do, DON'T DRINK THE WATER. [/spoiler]

--
Just another face in the crowd (Quidam)
https://www.fallenlondon.com/profile/Quidam
A hunger, a curse, a question (Limos)
https://www.fallenlondon.com/profile/Limos
Limos his finally in the hell she always thought she deserved
Glory and fame is all a Lady of Adventure need (Arcanzola de' Medici)
https://www.fallenlondon.com/profile/Arcanzola%20de'%20Medici
0 link
Optimatum
Optimatum
Posts: 3747

7/29/2020
Mr Bip wrote:
So, I unlocked "Flint" and began it a while back. Then got distracted by all the new content, and only just resumed today. I can barely remember any of it. I took my ship to Apis Meet, and when I got there, exhausted all the options multiple times (paying bribes to stay for multiple days), but without any obvious narrative progress. I returned to London and tried again, to no avail. My "Seeking a Prison of Flint" is 2000 - "Sought and Found". Can anyone point me in the right direction to progress this story?

TIA



Seeking a Prison of Flint 2000 is the value indicating you've completed the story. Do you recall going to Caution? If you never made it that far, you should contact support. Otherwise you may have finished the story but forgotten.

--
Optimatum, a ruthless and merciful gentleman. No plant battles, Affluent Photographer requests, or healing offers; all other social actions welcome.

Want a sip of Cider? Just say hi!

PM me for information enigmatic or Fated. Though the forum please, not FL itself.
0 link
Jel
Jel
Posts: 74

7/29/2020
If it helps, you can probably search your journal via google, if you manage to find out the sentences in some of the storylets.

--
The Extravagant Wordsmith (Jel) accepts all social actions. Alert me before snubbing me.

The Melancholic Shadow accepts all social actions.
0 link




Powered by Jitbit Forum 8.0.2.0 © 2006-2013 Jitbit Software