Powered by Jitbit .Net Forum free trial version.

HomeFallen London » The Bazaar

This is the place to discuss playing the game. Find tips, debate the best places to find certain items and share advice.

Advice needed on Heart's Desire [a few spoilers] Messages in this topic - RSS

streetfelineblue
streetfelineblue
Posts: 1459

12/28/2011
Hello and well met ^^

I've pursued my Heart's Desire Ambition up to The Bishop of Saint Fiacre's 4, and now I need 77 First City Coins. I'm already planning some burglaries, but I had a couple of doubts.

- For mainly narrative reasons, I would really like to scrape up some coins gambling (just appropriate). I'm already Connected with the Bohemians, but I lack something to wager. What could be a good way to acquire Prisoner's Honey? I'm currently at Persuasive 47 (52 with equipment) and Watchful 32 (39 with equipment), with no access to Fate-locked content.

- Is it advisable to exchange Connected: The Masters of the Bazaar 1 for 50 coins? I can easily wait to scrape them up more slowly, but if Masters of the Bazaar isn't that useful I could sacrifice it now ^^

Any piece of advice is appreciated. Thanks in advance!

--
Twitter: @streetfelineblu
Blue's LiveJournal
Blue's Echo Bazaar profile
Blue's Night Circus diary
Link to Ocelot's Enigma Ambition hint page; PM for clarification. No direct solutions provided.
0 link
Hailey
Hailey
Posts: 43

12/28/2011
In my opinion your connections to the masters have very little use anywhere else, and this really does speed up the whole process. It's what I did anyway.

--
Sir Samuel Lewis - One who has gone North

Hailey Daniels - One who turned back

@elvortel on twitter
0 link
Christian Berg
Christian Berg
Posts: 20

12/28/2011
I used my connection to the Masters to get the first coins. Later I ended up being quite well-connected (around 3).

But aparently they frown upon those of us who wish to seek the Name. So I lost all owed favors in one action.

My piece of advice is therefore to go for it. Don't care for the Masters! Viva la revolución!
edited by NotThisBrain on 12/28/2011
edited by NotThisBrain on 12/28/2011

--
http://echobazaar.failbettergames.com/Profile/Berg
https://twitter.com/#!/NotThisBrain
0 link
streetfelineblue
streetfelineblue
Posts: 1459

12/28/2011
Well, time is money after all, and 50 coins woul mean at least ten successful burglaries, assuming that they always go well, and then some trips to the Watchful actions for Moon-Pearls and the Sardonic Singer to re-up Connections:Criminal. Doable, but that would mean to subtract much time to Persuasive development and money grinding. Tell you what, even if I enlisted the Master's help, I'd need 25 First City Coins more: I'll start collecting them in another way, and when I'll be around 25 I'll decide whether to keep it that way, or to play the Master's card ^^

Any advice on Prisoner's Honey? I've nearly got hold of the Cheesemonger and I heard it pays in Drops, but I can't count it for certain as it depends on Opportunity cards, and I could need a SMORGASBORD of Honey if I start losing gambles with my Bohemian friends...
edited by streetfelineblue on 12/28/2011
edited by streetfelineblue on 12/28/2011

--
Twitter: @streetfelineblu
Blue's LiveJournal
Blue's Echo Bazaar profile
Blue's Night Circus diary
Link to Ocelot's Enigma Ambition hint page; PM for clarification. No direct solutions provided.
0 link
Christian Berg
Christian Berg
Posts: 20

12/28/2011
streetfelineblue wrote:
Any advice on Prisoner's Honey? I've nearly got hold of the Cheesemonger and I heard it pays in Drops, but I can't count it for certain as it depends on Opportunity cards, and I could need a SMORGASBORD of Honey if I start losing gambles with my Bohemian friends...


If you have managed not to get yourself banished from the Empress' court there's quite a few people there who likes to delve into the arts of honey-drinking.

--
http://echobazaar.failbettergames.com/Profile/Berg
https://twitter.com/#!/NotThisBrain
0 link
streetfelineblue
streetfelineblue
Posts: 1459

12/28/2011
NotThisBrain wrote:
streetfelineblue wrote:
Any advice on Prisoner's Honey? I've nearly got hold of the Cheesemonger and I heard it pays in Drops, but I can't count it for certain as it depends on Opportunity cards, and I could need a SMORGASBORD of Honey if I start losing gambles with my Bohemian friends...


If you have managed not to get yourself banished from the Empress' court there's quite a few people there who likes to delve into the arts of honey-drinking.


Banned? I haven't even put foot in it yet XD I was waiting to be around 60/70 Persuasive before opening the route.

--
Twitter: @streetfelineblu
Blue's LiveJournal
Blue's Echo Bazaar profile
Blue's Night Circus diary
Link to Ocelot's Enigma Ambition hint page; PM for clarification. No direct solutions provided.
0 link
Rupho Schartenhauer
Rupho Schartenhauer
Posts: 793

12/28/2011
streetfelineblue wrote:
What could be a good way to acquire Prisoner's Honey? I'm currently at Persuasive 47 (52 with equipment) and Watchful 32 (39 with equipment), with no access to Fate-locked content.


The fastest ways to accumulate large amounts of Honey are at the Shuttered Palace and the Labyrinth of Tigers which aren't yet open to you, I think... so you should grind for something else that you can get to more easily (Jade, Moonpearls, whatever...), sell that at the Bazaar and buy Honey with the money thus made.

streetfelineblue wrote:
Is it advisable to exchange Connected: The Masters of the Bazaar 1 for 50 coins? I can easily wait to scrape them up more slowly, but if Masters of the Bazaar isn't that useful I could sacrifice it now!


I recommend doing the exchange. You don't really need Connected: The Masters at your stage of the game, and there will be opportunities for raising them later. Plus, if you're a seeker of the Name, the Masters don't want any business with you anyway...

--
Rupho Schartenhauer has killed a Master, well: most of it.
Cortez the Killer has killed a Master, definitely.
Deepdelver has begotten a star. It's... complicated.
Dr. Kvirkvelia, gone NORTH on 23/12/1894.
0 link
Jack Vaux-Harrowden
Jack Vaux-Harrowden
Posts: 251

12/28/2011
streetfelineblue wrote:
Hello and well met ^^

I've pursued my Heart's Desire Ambition up to The Bishop of Saint Fiacre's 4, and now I need 77 First City Coins. I'm already planning some burglaries, but I had a couple of doubts.

- For mainly narrative reasons, I would really like to scrape up some coins gambling (just appropriate). I'm already Connected with the Bohemians, but I lack something to wager. What could be a good way to acquire Prisoner's Honey? I'm currently at Persuasive 47 (52 with equipment) and Watchful 32 (39 with equipment), with no access to Fate-locked content.

- Is it advisable to exchange Connected: The Masters of the Bazaar 1 for 50 coins? I can easily wait to scrape them up more slowly, but if Masters of the Bazaar isn't that useful I could sacrifice it now ^^

Any piece of advice is appreciated. Thanks in advance!



Yes oh God yes it's worth swapping in Connected: The Masters. It took me ages to get my stake put together, since I didn't make the trade, and I have so far seen little other use for it; you can gamble a change point's worth in the Carnival in the hopes of decreasing your wounds, and you can get assistance in clearing your name and returning the tomb-colonies.

As for Prisoner's Honey...Cheesemonger gives you a decent bit, but it's irregular. Honestly, I'll just echo what others have said: easier just to buy it. You don't really have access to it in quantity until the Palace, although at ~Shadowy 35 (I forget exactly where) you can start robbing a honey-den; that'd definitely get you started gambling for the coins.
0 link
streetfelineblue
streetfelineblue
Posts: 1459

12/29/2011
All right, I think I made up my mind! Thanks to everybody for the advice, it was priceless. Damn, I like this forum smile

--
Twitter: @streetfelineblu
Blue's LiveJournal
Blue's Echo Bazaar profile
Blue's Night Circus diary
Link to Ocelot's Enigma Ambition hint page; PM for clarification. No direct solutions provided.
0 link
Ernestine
Ernestine
Posts: 13

12/29/2011
While I gained assistance from a few unusually honest denizens of Fallen London, I also obtained about 20 First City coins by gambling at the amber tables at the House of Chimes. It's a rare success, but you get 10 FC coins each time.
0 link
Early
Early
Posts: 196

12/29/2011
You know, I'm now half tempted to sell one of my coins just so I can cash in Connected: The Masters for twelve and a half echoes per point... but, I understand I'll be wanting that particular Connection if I intend to get a yacht, right?

--
http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Early
0 link
Rupho Schartenhauer
Rupho Schartenhauer
Posts: 793

12/29/2011
Early wrote:
You know, I'm now half tempted to sell one of my coins just so I can cash in Connected: The Masters for twelve and a half echoes per point... but, I understand I'll be wanting that particular Connection if I intend to get a yacht, right?

No, you don't need Connected: The Masters to buy the yacht, or any other ship for that matter. This page has all the information about the things required to buy a ship.
edited by Rupho Schartenhauer on 3/24/2015

--
Rupho Schartenhauer has killed a Master, well: most of it.
Cortez the Killer has killed a Master, definitely.
Deepdelver has begotten a star. It's... complicated.
Dr. Kvirkvelia, gone NORTH on 23/12/1894.
0 link
Little The
Little The
Posts: 700

12/29/2011
If your connected level is at 3 or more, you can buff it by heading to The Big Top at the carnival. Just alternate between amassing more points and spending them, and you'll be rich in no time.

--
A gentleman of numerous descriptors that change far too often. Second chance and menace reduction invites are welcome.

My journey to Seek the Name is recorded for posterity here. I asked "Who is Salt?"

I am a member of the Temple Club. If you would like an invitation, feel free to request one!

Fallen London is a game of choices. When you make an important one, you can record your rationale here.
0 link




Powered by Jitbit Forum 8.0.2.0 © 2006-2013 Jitbit Software